Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gale Kick

Yasha-7HS

Gale kick's mechanic of taking melee base damage and few mods was already added into the game several updates ago. Gale kick will not increase the damage dealt with jump kicks, but will knockdown enemies you manage to kill with a jump kick while doing no damage. 

Gale kick is effectively bugged, as the mod itself adds no damage. 

In addition to this bug report, I'll add feedback: 

The mechanic intended for Gale kick is more than simply underwhelming. In the database, it's tagged "mighty kick" but has trouble defeating even level 30 corrupted butchers, and in accordance to how stuns, knockdowns, and animations work in this game won't properly CC any higher priority targets when you're doing this. In the scenario you have 2 level 15 butchers, a Bombard and a Heavy Gunner in a small cluster, killing one of the butchers is a challenge in and of itself due to knockdowns being allowed to effect you in the air. Say you find a way to counter this, being the motus set or primed sure footed, the animation of them doing the slam attack will prevent them from being knocked down. 

In my opinion, there is no way for Gale Kick to be viable without changing the mechanics of how it works entirely if the current mechanics are any sort of indication on how it was supposed to function. With a 286% power strength Excalibur umbra with pressure point and steel charge using Exalted Blade, I got about 1366 damage on a level 30 Corrupted Butcher, which took 2-3 kicks to kill. The way you get gale kick says you'd be facing enemies above 30 consistently, and of far more variety and survivability than one of the lowest health units in the game. 

Edited by ShichiseitenYasha

Yeah, I noticed this earlier while testing this mod. You get the knockdown with Gale Kick, but the damage only comes from base damage/melee damage mods. The damage is the same with or without Gale Kick equipped. Now I'm nervous about what the mod means by "melee damage". I hate how terms are used in different ways in Warframe. Melee damage is just the damage your melee weapon does, but it can also be describing a very specific type of damage your melee weapon does, which is typically base damage and/or the mods that affect it. Currently the only mods that affect your jump kick are the pressure mods, spoiled strike, rivens with "melee damage" stat, Steel Charge, and power strength for exalted melee.

The way the mod description is written could be interpreted multiple ways. So I'm hoping it's just a complete bug and your melee weapon's total damage is supposed to be converted to impact on jump kick. Otherwise, what's the point of this mod? 

We've already been down this route with Reflection. Now it's finally decent in some circumstances with the Amalgam Javlok mod, but it needed +6000% damage to get there. 

Edited by BL4CKN0ISE