Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pennies or Plat. Open Debate!

Skorgle

So we have all been through the troubles of trading and the struggle of not having platinum. I have some questions that are open to a debate of discussion. Why go out and farm for sets if you are just going to throw it away for basically pocket change on warframe.market? Why is everyone only thinking warframe.market prices are the only thing to go by for prices in general? Why do you then complain about how little of platinum you are making if everyone are suppose to make the prices yourselves instead of selling them for change on warframe.market? Why throw all your hard work away for literally nothing? Think about it if you go to the warframe marketplace there are vanilla warframes that cost what like 300plat or more yet you are selling sets of primes that are better than the vanilla warframes at 30plat 50plat 60plat, etc. Why is it that everyone has to say "oh but warframe.market price of such and such is stupidly lower than what you are selling for from the trade chat" when this is a free trade market system? I hope to hear all of your responses in accordance with this. Thank you for your time. A lot of my own friends have been asking me the same questions so I would love hearing all opinions.

1 minute ago, Gruiz said:

Because we hate those who set price "TOO HIGH".. we said warframe.market seller is cheaper but we dont buy it from those seller because they merely not online in game

There are no such thing as too high prices in a free trade market though. If a seller is too high for you move on to the next correct?

1 minute ago, Zoramythe said:

So we have all been through the troubles of trading and the struggle of not having platinum. I have some questions that are open to a debate of discussion.

1. Why go out and farm for sets if you are just going to throw it away for basically pocket change on warframe.market?
  2. Why is everyone only thinking warframe.market prices are the only thing to go by for prices in general?
  3. Why do you then complain about how little of platinum you are making if everyone are suppose to make the prices yourselves instead of selling them for change on warframe.market?
  4. Why throw all your hard work away for literally nothing?

Think about it if you go to the warframe marketplace there are vanilla warframes that cost what like 300plat or more yet you are selling sets of primes that are better than the vanilla warframes at 30plat 50plat 60plat, etc. Why is it that everyone has to say "oh but warframe.market price of such and such is stupidly lower than what you are selling for from the trade chat" when this is a free trade market system? I hope to hear all of your responses in accordance with this. Thank you for your time. A lot of my own friends have been asking me the same questions so I would love hearing all opinions.

1. Because often, I only need pocket change to get the items I want.
  2. "Everyone" isn't thinking this, there are other sites that players use, warframe.market is simply the easiest to find, use and verify via the Forums (gives a sense of security and accountability that other sites (AFAIK) don't offer)
  3. I, personally, don't complain about how little plat I'm making on the rare instances I trade for plat.  I'd rather engage in item for item trades than using plat, but it's much easier for everyone to trade for plat and buy the item they want from someone else, over finding someone with the part I want AND wants the part I have to offer. 
  4. That's subjective.  From my point of view, I haven't thrown away my time for nothing, I've obtain plat and or an item I wanted.  

This is a free market system at work.  Scroll through the prices on any of the sites, there is a rather large discrepancy between highest and lowest cost for the item.  Yes, players set their own prices and can ask for anything they want.  All these sites do is show them what the average cost is and how the community values said items.

• Like 1

Because DEs market price is priced with discounts in mind. And it's a closed market and only place to buy a frame for about 2 years before a prime. No one goes by DE prices in mind. People want quick and brainless exchanges so they rely on the warmarket. That's what a auction house does. Specially to items that are buy once, own forever, and have a practicality endless supply to aquire.

Also If the market has deemed a set to be worth ~80 plat because it has high saturation and you come along seeing a vanilla version is 300 and prime is obviously better and try and sell it at 400. People will think you're nuts and question you.

Edited by Firetempest

15 minutes ago, MagPrime said:
  1. Because often, I only need pocket change to get the items I want.
  2. "Everyone" isn't thinking this, there are other sites that players use, warframe.market is simply the easiest to find, use and verify via the Forums (gives a sense of security and accountability that other sites (AFAIK) don't offer)
  3. I, personally, don't complain about how little plat I'm making on the rare instances I trade for plat.  I'd rather engage in item for item trades than using plat, but it's much easier for everyone to trade for plat and buy the item they want from someone else, over finding someone with the part I want AND wants the part I have to offer. 
  4. That's subjective.  From my point of view, I haven't thrown away my time for nothing, I've obtain plat and or an item I wanted.  

This is a free market system at work.  Scroll through the prices on any of the sites, there is a rather large discrepancy between highest and lowest cost for the item.  Yes, players set their own prices and can ask for anything they want.  All these sites do is show them what the average cost is and how the community values said items.

That's a very fine answer. 😃

I'd rather spend more time ACTUALLY PLAYING farming and sell cheaper with less hassles than spend all day in trade chat trying to convince some poor chap to buy my overpriced crap. Plus I'd feel bad about scamming poor guy.

And if I don't feel like farming then I don't feel like playing at all cause that's all Warframe is. And if I don't play then I don't need plat.

Edited by zoffmode

1 hour ago, Zoramythe said:

There are no such thing as too high prices in a free trade market though. If a seller is too high for you move on to the next correct?

Incorrect. First you tell the seller you're outraged by their high price, then block them before they can say something or even start negotiating the price. Obviously. Duh!

3 hours ago, Zoramythe said:

Why go out and farm for sets if you are just going to throw it away for basically pocket change on warframe.market?
Why is everyone only thinking warframe.market prices are the only thing to go by for prices in general?
Why do you then complain about how little of platinum you are making if everyone are suppose to make the prices yourselves instead of selling them for change on warframe.market?
Why throw all your hard work away for literally nothing?
Think about it if you go to the warframe marketplace there are vanilla warframes that cost what like 300plat or more yet you are selling sets of primes that are better than the vanilla warframes at 30plat 50plat 60plat, etc.
Why is it that everyone has to say "oh but warframe.market price of such and such is stupidly lower than what you are selling for from the trade chat" when this is a free trade market system?
I hope to hear all of your responses in accordance with this. Thank you for your time. A lot of my own friends have been asking me the same questions so I would love hearing all opinions.

Because it's a byproduct of what I (and probably most) was going for.
Because the WF market is the easiest solution.
I usually spend some time selling in bulk during a weekend, ending up with 1k+ so can't really complain.
Please don't use "hard work" on a game forum, I dislike sitting on the couch and calling that work.
You have a monopoly on one side and a free market economy lacking the limited supply of goods (apart from manpower) of the real world on the other.
Because everyone will obviously go for the better deal, just because you're selling it doesn't mean it'll get bought.

1st use some spaces and punctuation instead of a wall of text.

2nd, most sellers are selling junk with inflated prices, just because some greedy seller who bumbled across some rare relics due to another players contribution thinks an item is worth a lot dont make it so.

When I was new to the market I regularly paid to much for items I wanted, was it worth it? No. Because since spending time cracking relics I have had most items multiple times over and sold it for ducats.

DE themselves aint no different, prices are extortionate for micro transaction currency and pixels. 

But we still buy. I will buy plat this week as I have 75% off. 

But will continue to WTB items I cant be bothered farming for less than Wf markets states average are. Usually syndicate mods n items when I have a spur of the moment build, like Nyx requiring syndicate mods.

Got the two mods for 10p and 15p by asking. 

• Like 2

Because the prices listed on wf.market are almost entirely the byproduct of market forces and not a number pulled out of someones ass as to what they think something is worth to them. Basically real competetive prices, opposed to trade chat where the supply and demand is all but completely obfuscated, it's impossible to gauge any real supply or demand indications

And it's just a lot simpler and straight forward to search and buy an item with little discussion about price as it's basically predetermined factor. Contrary to trade chat, where it just scrolls on by, character limits on ads, a wild west crap shoot basically. Plenty of fair trading happens.  But trade chat is mainly a place for types of trades not well supported by WFmarkets ecosystem. ie to fish for deals or quick selling something cheap in a hurry.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Zoramythe said:

Why is it that everyone has to say "oh but warframe.market price of such and such is stupidly lower than what you are selling for from the trade chat" when this is a free trade market system?

Exactly, people are free to choose the cheapest available option. I mean the item youre selling with other sellers is exact same, why choose higher price if I can go low?
Sure you can list a prime set for 1000p on trade chat, but people are free to not buy it when theres sellers that list them for 100p on wfmarket. So whats the problem here?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Zoramythe said:

Why go out and farm for sets if you are just going to throw it away for basically pocket change on warframe.market? Why is everyone only thinking warframe.market prices are the only thing to go by for prices in general? Why do you then complain about how little of platinum you are making if everyone are suppose to make the prices yourselves instead of selling them for change on warframe.market? Why throw all your hard work away for literally nothing? Think about it if you go to the warframe marketplace there are vanilla warframes that cost what like 300plat or more yet you are selling sets of primes that are better than the vanilla warframes at 30plat 50plat 60plat, etc. 

You clearly don't understand the concepts of supply and demand. 

As a seller you can ask for whatever you think is fair for your primes. As a buyer I am free to laugh at you and go buy it from someone who is willing to sell cheaper than you. 

In the case of the regular non-primes there's only one seller. So if I refuse their price I'm out of luck and have to grind for it myself (along with the potato if I want to apply one) and spend the time letting it cook in the oven. 

If you play and find that you're the only person who has a new prime set, or a new mod, you can ask for any amount you want, and you stand a good chance of getting it. But the instant someone else offers it for less, you will start to lose sales. And in this game there is pretty much always going to be someone willing to sell for less. 

That's why an auction house is the worst possible thing that could happen to our economy. 

Welcome to Warframe, Tenno, good luck with your trades. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Zoramythe said:

Why is everyone only thinking warframe.market prices are the only thing to go by for prices in general?

Because its trade..

get best value for your plat.. It goes both ways.. basic principles of the trade.. supply and demand

If you sell to cheap (not conform to market) you hurting yourself.. but the buyer will be pleased!

If you sell to expensive.. no business because there is available products for cheaper somewhere else..

Some people complain about supply and demand..

WFM is supply , tradechat is supply.. people are buying on both places.. If Tradechat doesnt want to adjust to WF market, then yes, you will keep a low plat balance..

Its just like in the real life.. why buy something expensive if you can buy it cheap. ~ there is no difference in quality (exept rivens, but lets not get into those)

As suppliers we are not exempt from that, so we have to adjust (even though you dont like it)

If you really dont like it, you can even do something about it.. that is.. buy all the cheap stuff on WF market till the cheapest is the price you want to sell it for in tradechat.. Like what is happening with Loki at the moment.

Trade is something that holds PERSONAL value.. what can be valuable for me can mean nothing to someone else. its finding the balance.. Having more options like WF market is good!

• Like 2

People sell things on WF market because everyone goes there. You can stick something on there and it'll get bought quite quickly.

The prices there are low because that's how much people are willing to buy them for. When the prices are too high, things don't get bought. They stabilise at the price that large volumes of sales are made, so that's obviously the point that people are going to sell them at if they want to get their item sold.

And you won't get people buying things in trade chat because everyone overprices the items compared to the market price. Why would you spend more on something you can get for cheaper, unless you're unaware of the market and the seller is taking advantage?

Just go farm arcanes if you want plat. Or when the next double resource comes around, farm exploiter and bulk buy Magus Glitch which you can sell for 100pl each set - only 2 and a bit runs to get enough toroids for that at 4x resources.

Pennies.

I make my Ks with pennies, while 7p is my threshold to offer it at all. Anything lower I only add on request during a deal.

If I think current market price is below value I simply don't sell it and wait for a rise in demand.

Know your prices. Some sell offers are bloody fakes from actual buyers who try to trick lower prices. Some are genuine but disappear quickly again.

The OP's thread sounds like he's trying to make some quick plat. You can do that by waiting for that one idiot in trade channel to pay your overpriced wares or you do quick runs and sell cheap in the market.

I prefer the latter method. Not always the cheapest, but always reasonable, I have no problems raising a few hundred platinum a day if I care to do so. For playing alone, I get 143p weekly only by selling Syndicate mods for 13p each.

The great thing about the market is, I can use it while actually playing the game instead of sitting in the trade chat scanning endless walls of text for a good catch.

I've never traded because I don't trust random strangers on the interwebz. Plus I've seen too many posts on here already from folks getting burned by trades that involved "illegal" / recharged platinum.

Never struggled for platinum...simply bought it as and when needed (or discounted) and spent it whenever I saw something I liked (or needed forma, exilus, cells, reactors, slots etc.)

That said, when it comes to prime frames & weapons, I'm quite happy to farm them via relics.

Edited by FlusteredFerret
  • Like 1