Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pennies or Plat. Open Debate!

Skorgle

I sell my stuff on warframe.market and riven.market because I just want to get things done quickly and efficiently without haggling and other bs.

Edited by Guest

Il y a 8 heures, Zoramythe a dit :

Think about it if you go to the warframe marketplace there are vanilla warframes that cost what like 300plat or more yet you are selling sets of primes that are better than the vanilla warframes at 30plat 50plat 60plat, etc

Prices for the frames from the game market include the value of all the ressources you should use to craft them. That's what you realy buy. 

Nothing to compare with the price set by players based on the value they give to the time they spend farming or the rarity of an item.         

• Like 1

The reason why stuff on warframe.market is cheaper than in trade chat is open competition on the one hand and because trade chat buyers are normally new players that do not know about warframe.market. 

In Warframe there is a general trend of inflation in great weapons, in primed warframes, in great mods and in great companions. Meaning you no longer need one meta weapon, one meta warframe, 14 meta mods and one meta companion. Less scarcity of meta itmes means prices even out - stay reasonable - for the majority of things. 

There is no limit on how many relics the community can farm, on how many mods are dropped or how many Eidolon runs are done. That means that at some point there are more copies of an item than buyers. Prices will go down. 

For me buying warframes for 300p straight from the shop is useful when there is no primed version, when I do not want to shoulder the grind, when I cannot get a second copy another way (Atlas bp). 

As long as there are people that sell stuff others do not like to farm this system will work. That is how I see it for myself.

11 hours ago, Zoramythe said:

So we have all been through the troubles of trading and the struggle of not having platinum. I have some questions that are open to a debate of discussion. Why go out and farm for sets if you are just going to throw it away for basically pocket change on warframe.market? Why is everyone only thinking warframe.market prices are the only thing to go by for prices in general? Why do you then complain about how little of platinum you are making if everyone are suppose to make the prices yourselves instead of selling them for change on warframe.market? Why throw all your hard work away for literally nothing? Think about it if you go to the warframe marketplace there are vanilla warframes that cost what like 300plat or more yet you are selling sets of primes that are better than the vanilla warframes at 30plat 50plat 60plat, etc. Why is it that everyone has to say "oh but warframe.market price of such and such is stupidly lower than what you are selling for from the trade chat" when this is a free trade market system? I hope to hear all of your responses in accordance with this. Thank you for your time. A lot of my own friends have been asking me the same questions so I would love hearing all opinions.

.......... It's called supply and demand. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, k05h said:

The reason why stuff on warframe.market is cheaper than in trade chat is open competition on the one hand and because trade chat buyers are normally new players that do not know about warframe.market

You know, I've found the opposite to be true? 

I use the website to find out what the low end of the spectrum is for stuff I want to buy, but a lot of the time the people willing to accept that amount aren't online. Sometimes the lowest amount is still a bit higher than I'm willing to spend. 

Then I hop into chat and make an offer I consider fair. I don't lowball as much as I probably could, because I usually get takers pretty quickly. I'm ok with that because if I'm buying it's not because I'm trying to get it dirt cheap or make money from reselling, it's because I am trying to save time without spending a fortune. 

Maybe PC trade is different, but it works for me. 

• Like 1

I only look at Warframe market when buying.  If I’m selling, I just put what I want.  Sometimes I undercut massively and lose out on coinage (like a rubico riven long ago) sometimes I make bank (like my Ayatans someone really wanted).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, --DSP--Jetstream said:

Exactly, people are free to choose the cheapest available option. I mean the item youre selling with other sellers is exact same, why choose higher price if I can go low?
Sure you can list a prime set for 1000p on trade chat, but people are free to not buy it when theres sellers that list them for 100p on wfmarket. So whats the problem here?

Simply put I was asking why people think its ok to tell you that your prices are wrong when you post in trade chat and straight up telling you that oh, but warframe.market is selling for such and such and telling you that you can't post your own price.

6 hours ago, Toran said:

The OP's thread sounds like he's trying to make some quick plat. You can do that by waiting for that one idiot in trade channel to pay your overpriced wares or you do quick runs and sell cheap in the market.

Very untrue in fact I was just asking for answers for a lot of my friends who ask me these questions.

11 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Incorrect. First you tell the seller you're outraged by their high price, then block them before they can say something or even start negotiating the price. Obviously. Duh!

You forgot threatening to report them as a scammer just before blocking them.

12 hours ago, Zoramythe said:

There are no such thing as too high prices in a free trade market though. If a seller is too high for you move on to the next correct?

in theory no in practice yes. when what you sell is a commodity your prices are going to be as close to each other as possible.  look at Gas (or petrol if you are British) for the most part each gas station will have the same price in a given area with minor differences depending on additives/grade same thing goes for the most part when you are selling prime parts.  rivens are another story and are too random for there to be many of the same things unless you are selling unrolled rivens which have a standard price depending on the challenge and riven type

19 hours ago, Zoramythe said:

If a seller is too high for you move on to the next correct?

And that's exactly why we sellers want to be the next cheaper person, because who is the consumer going to go for, the guy that sells an equinox P set for 200p or the guy that sells it for 150p, or 149p, or 148p, etc.

Edited by (PS4)DogBert02
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, (PS4)DogBert02 said:

And that's exactly why we sellers want to be the next cheaper person, because who is the consumer going to go for, the guy that sells an equinox P set for 200p or the guy that sells it for 150p, or 149p, or 148p, etc.

Exactly. I guess what more i'm asking is why do you take it upon yourself [not saying you personally or anyone specific] to message someone and tell them they are wrong for their prices when they should be able to price it however they want?

6 minutes ago, Zoramythe said:

Exactly. I guess what more i'm asking is why do you take it upon yourself [not saying you personally or anyone specific] to message someone and tell them they are wrong for their prices when they should be able to price it however they want?

Now that I have no idea why. 

1 hour ago, Zoramythe said:

They're probably trying to do you a favour, or possibly trying to make a deal with you. 

If an item is 20 plat on the market with similar asking prices in the chat, and you're asking for 1000, you will probably sit there and spam the chat from now until Kingdom come, with an unrealistic price. If you offer closer to the 20 you will probably get it sold much faster. A lot of folks try to advise me to check out the warframe market instead of using the chat. They seem well intentioned so I just thank them and keep doing my thing. 

A lot of newbs don't really know what prices are going to get sales, and I've seen them demanding many times the going rate because they are trying to get enough plat to buy something expensive. I've had one guy who offered close to triple the cost of an item. I pointed out that it's more than I was looking to spend, and gave the price that it was listed for on the market. They came down a little but refused to sell for a reasonable amount. I said thanks but I wouldn't be taking it at that price, and went ahead and put another WTB in chat. Got someone who could sell at that price, and made the trade. The whole time the original guy is trying to get me to pay almost three times the amount I paid, because he needs the plat and he's "desperate". 

Other times I was buying junk and gave my rate in chat (which is above the 1:1p typically on offer in PS4). One guy invited me, and then started asking for 40plat for a set of 5 prime junk. Another told me that the universal rate for junk is 2 plat per item, which I explained is generally true on PC, but not PS4. 

Each of them decided that I was the one trying to scam them and blocked me, despite the fact that I had made my offer clear from the start. I figure that they were just inexperienced. 

vor 22 Stunden schrieb Zoramythe:

Think about it if you go to the warframe marketplace there are vanilla warframes that cost what like 300plat or more yet you are selling sets of primes that are better than the vanilla warframes at 30plat 50plat 60plat, etc.

Because prime prices are market driven, the other ones not?

Think about it if you 'could' go to warframe.market to buy "vanilla frames".

• Like 1

When it come to selling stuff it deppends on the game. in gw2 I just sell it for what ever the instant sell price on the auction house is for i want the gold now not in 40 days.

In othere auction based games I look at the lowest price if there is one and cut it with 50-75% so mine sell faster.

In warframe if I decide to trade wich is not often for i hate the spam chat. I sell stuff that got the lowest price around 50 plat anything that lower I don't bother with often.

Deppending the price I will allso sell it cheaper. Like when I sold of my collection of 14 or so arcane helmets for around 1500 plat.

12 hours ago, Zoramythe said:

They are all opinions to me. Just like how you think its experience.

trade is a majority thing, a shared common good.  you value it differently than others do.. thats fine.. just dont complain when you cant sell anything..

I'm out.. the OP will keep complaining that his ice cream is too cold..

anyways good luck not selling stuff or being annoyed.. 🙂

Z

be like water my friend someone famous once said