Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So the new melee system

LucielaFox

Am 29.5.2019 um 17:47 schrieb LucielaFox:

Melee is literally useless right now.

That is literally not the meaning of literally.

the fact that quick melee is non existent

This 'fact' is also factually wrong, unequip stances and you get the default combo, aka the quick attacks

I loved my polearm weapons (my zaw and Guandao), now they are unplayable

At least this time, there is no word that is beyond you, that's a start.

However, try different stances. the weapons themself were not changed.

I really like the Vaykor Sydon and I found Twirling Spire to be a very good stance.

Alternativly, as I already said, try using no stance.

On 2019-05-29 at 5:47 PM, LucielaFox said:

I loved my polearm weapons (my zaw and Guandao), now they are unplayable

So you are actually complaining about the stance, thats what people are often forgetting. I really love it when don't understand that the melee is more stance focused

Has anyone tried to tweet Steve or one of the devs about if feedback for melee is being taken into consideration? It is very odd that now they are ignoring feedback or not even mentioning it (the closest we got is that it went from being 2.99999 to 2.75 or something). 

I don't really like the current melee system and would much prefer to go back to melee system pre phase 1 and then just improve the system rather than replace it. 

Has any of you tried any slide attack builds? It’s tremendously powerful if you build it right and can execute the key sequence effortlessly with your keyboard and mouse. It takes praxtice. It’s even more amazing if you build a hybrid slide attack build with high crit /high status and with Condition Overload. You can fast switch between weapons too. Current melee system is the best ever if you know how to make it work the way it should.

If you try to play the old way and not adapt, it will always be hard. 

1 hour ago, George_PPS said:

Has any of you tried any slide attack builds? It’s tremendously powerful if you build it right and can execute the key sequence effortlessly with your keyboard and mouse. It takes praxtice. It’s even more amazing if you build a hybrid slide attack build with high crit /high status and with Condition Overload. You can fast switch between weapons too. Current melee system is the best ever if you know how to make it work the way it should.

9/10 troll, especially with the opening tense error. I LOLed, good one.

Edited by Buttaface

2 hours ago, Buttaface said:

9/10 troll, especially with the opening tense error. I LOLed, good one.

Good catch. It should be has anyone. 

Back to the topic. Melee slide attack is very effective if you mod it right and have good keyboard/mouse skill. 

12 hours ago, George_PPS said:

Slide attack has not been changed, it was always like that except it wasn't a crutch to lean on while the system was broken.

Sure if all I did was use slide attack forever I'd only have to deal with half the broken changes because i'd never vary my movement, sure i'd probably get bothered by the autoblock system and terrible toggle only channelling but at least I don't have to deal with block based combos or aim-gliding taking me out of melee or slam knocking enemies too far. Much better /s

• Like 1

On 2019-06-04 at 11:22 AM, Walkampf said:

This 'fact' is also factually wrong, unequip stances and you get the default combo, aka the quick attacks

At least this time, there is no word that is beyond you, that's a start.

However, try different stances. the weapons themself were not changed.

I really like the Vaykor Sydon and I found Twirling Spire to be a very good stance.

Alternativly, as I already said, try using no stance.

Wrong. Polearm (Tonbo in this case) with no stance is absolutely not the same as polearm quick attack.

• Like 2

On 2019-06-04 at 8:34 PM, George_PPS said:

Good catch. It should be has anyone. 

Back to the topic. Melee slide attack is very effective if you mod it right and have good keyboard/mouse skill. 

The current melee updated did nothing for slide attacks. In fact even before the update, they nerfed all melee trying to stop spin 2 win by making melee have no ability to hit targets through anything. Hek for a long time the best spin 2 win weapon was the telos boltace. 

Also no, spin 2 win does not take skill and has a super simple build. Maiming strike + blood rush and many people who spam it use a macro. No skill involved and the melee update had nothing to do with it other than nerfing all melee weapons by forcing them to either use a stance, giving them absurd amounts of rag doll on slams, and even took away the ability to manually block.

• Like 1

Pretty much melee only player here.At least prior to the melee changes and the new mechanics added.This system had me change the whole gameplay narrative.For me,there was nothing more satisfying than mowing down hordes of enemies with melee combos.Now it's all interupted with scoping and aiming,which breaks the whole melee only gameplay essence.Yes,I did bring along my primary aswell as my secondary,because there are certain situations where shooting a specific enemy is faster than melee-ing them.Nevertheless,only melee I use now,is pretty much the Redeemer Prime,and not solely because of the fact it's a Redeemer Prime,but because of the quick melee mechanic that was shove down our throats.

The channeling was never an issue to me.Well timed channel with a slash proc can increase your survivability tremendously,considering the Life Strike mod.

Blocking on command with channel let's you traverse the gap without taking any harm,just enough so that you can continue the mowing of the said enemies.

It's just not the same anymore.They should allow both mechanics to work,with a simple "Enable" & "Disable" button in the Options.

Doesn't sound impossible,but,if only they would reconsider the feedback.

Edited by Phaeronimus
  • Like 2