Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clients with short internet drops lose everything

nokturnihs

Issue: 

When playing as a client in a mission (not Host) - if my internet drops for even a few seconds (which it does frequently as it's summer and it's comcast - I experience 0-1 minute drops multiple times each day) - I get kicked to the login screen, losing all acquired loot, all earned MR, all completed objectives, etc. This makes the game UNPLAYABLE. One could argue that I need a better ISP and I agree, but in my area it's Comcast or the dark ages of DSL (which would also make the game unplayable as the only other provider offers piss poor connection speeds). I know my situation is not unique in this.

If I'm HOST it drops me to a solo instance, which is fine because I can usually wait out the short drop, finish the mission and extract. But I can't control whether I am host or client so we need some kind of solution for this. Either a network option to prefer host, some kind of caching to cover 1-2 minute disruptions or a change in how the game handles disconnects. I can re-join the team but any loot, objectives and MR/focus earned is gone when I rejoin. 

Can this please get a look? When Comcast is behaving I'm fine, but it won't be behaving for months as summer usually leads to poor internet for my whole city all summer.