Removing Focus Lenses and Focus Overflow (and what to do with it)

Mountsteele

So, I have maxed three of the focus trees. I don't farm Eidolons on a regular basis so it took some time (but that is besides the point). I really like having the maxed schools at zero focus. Having overflowing points kinda triggers my OCD and since DE has been getting my time and money because of my "collect everything" mentality I thought maybe the developers could do something for me in return. I have a small suggestion.

What if we could convert the overflowing focus (or even focus points in general) into shards or some other kind of new resource. This would give us a reason to keep farming focus after focus is maxed and at the same time would remove that uneasy feeling people like get when we have points in trees that are maxed. Maybe these shards could be exchange for standing with the different factions. Like a sort of universal standing token (or at least for some syndicates). I'm sure this new resource could be easily motivated in game. Simaris would probably be interested in some shards of condensed focus.

I would personally also love the ability to remove focus lenses without having to install new ones. Could this be done?

Edited by Mountsteele
Minor spelling and capitalization errors.

2 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

I have maxed all of my focus schools and I don’t know what to do with ~1000 brilliant eidolon shards and ~900 radiant shards. It would be nice to convert them to standing or sell them for credits.

Oh, yeah, This too.

On 2019-05-31 at 11:38 AM, (PS4)BattleCry1791 said:

I don't care how it would happen...but when I ask myself, what do I not need?  Focus.  What do I need?  Kuva.  So extra focus = kuva.

I like this one too. Kinda makes sense as well. Having the ability or a  vendor where you can trade the focus shards and our own overflow focus into Kuva would be pretty helpful as well.

All you people sitting here speaking as of farming focus is the easiest thing in the world, let me tell you... it's not.

I personally would like to have an overall increase in the gathering/farming of focus since i'm kinda new to all the focus stuff, then it would be nice to get more than 1-2k a mission with 2 greater lenses (one on my frame and one on my primary) since i currently need about 120k for my next "skill point"

2 hours ago, nicolajtheking2 said:

I personally would like to have an overall increase in the gathering/farming of focus since i'm kinda new to all the focus stuff, then it would be nice to get more than 1-2k a mission with 2 greater lenses (one on my frame and one on my primary) since i currently need about 120k for my next "skill point"

Want a fast route? Capture 5 eidolon Terralyst in one night or capture the 3 eidolons in 1 run. You can safely do Terralyst pubs because people know what they’re doing there.

4 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Want a fast route? Capture 5 eidolon Terralyst in one night or capture the 3 eidolons in 1 run. You can safely do Terralyst pubs because people know what they’re doing there.

Depends on whether he can contribute meaningfully to those teralyst hunts. If not I dont encourage leeching.

Focus was kinda just one big flop.

We were told it would be something to progress when our use for affinity was used up but in reality it's just another dead-end like many others.

I wouldn't worry about converting shards or whatever. You'll max every school and just sit there like the rest of us eventually. It will probably be a long time before DE adds anything new to Focus since they decided to make it their Eidolon hunting mini game instead of Warframe alternate advancement. I don't see them doing a proper soft cap either so even when they do get around to adding nodes we'll just max those and the system will collect dust again. Esp since some of us have 10mil+ in every school sitting there.

What amazes me most about Focus though is despite community hatred for it the Convergence Orb mechanic remains in the game.