Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Hostile Mergers Leaderboard Information

[DE]Rebecca

To certain crybabies trying to play an unaware victim (which is nearly impossible in the age or Reddit, Discord etc):

Not only you knew what you were doing and continued doing so, but you also most likely didn't report it, so you could use it to your advantage. At least have some dignity to admit you were exploiting. Suck it up and move on without causing drama. You still have 2 days + the weekend to right your wrongs, better spend 'em on a fair run rather than throw stuff and insults on the forums.

13 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

- Cases of extreme abuse have resulted in temporary suspensions until the Operation is over on June 3rd. Any suspended accounts now have a score of 0 for their clan.

Now, this is also wrong. What results fall under 'extreme abuse' criteria, though? It clearly needs an example (and it's not like there wasn't a good track of people getting false-banned for achieveing unusual results in the long-run Endless missions, unless the current case was dealt with manually), and the devs' awareness about exploits definitely needed a PSA on the forums, or even better - via the automatic in-game Inbox message, you have all the means to let the community know what is wrong / going on. Here, you let people know what is going and what will be done:

It's simple, I doubt you'll make things better by giving a verdict without even notifying there's a serious problem or exploit. Gotta set an example by notifying people to prevent them from abusing mechanics and exploits. Now, if they do ignore it even after that, then sure, go ahead and suspend them. They were asking for it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 hours ago, maycne.sonahoz said:

Which reply would you prefer?
- Issue is a known ability effect (like many others) working on an enemy (like many others) that can die from pitfall (like many others). Thus predictable, and not an issue in many other cases.
- Issue has been fixed and abuse scores have been reset.
- Issue could have been fixed beforehand.

The ability doesn’t work that way though, as many people in this thread have already explained.

Ps4 player here, does negative strength mean all builds? Like a CC khora can use power donation is that bad? Speed nova? Negative strength ivara, neg str sleep equinox? Neg str vortex vauban? I just want to know what i can use safely! I just dont wanna get banned for helping out squad members ;-;

9 hours ago, --Q--Krakov said:

Well the only blame I put on DE is not seeing the benefits of allowing exploiting. 

They are allowing the exploit to happen. But there is a massive difference with figuring it out, reporting it, then leaving it alone and figuring it out and exploiting the S#&$ out of it.

Those that simply found it/figured it out and reported it wont get effected, only those with exessive exploiting of the bug are getting hit. And rightly so.

15 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

2) Using negative damage exploits to compete is not permitted and is considered an illicit run.

What about CC frames that don't rely on power strength? Khora, vauban, volt, ivara, banshee, frost, sleep equinox, blinding mesa, octavia, titania, gara, and wukong for example. Is negative power strength for these ok? Using power donation to help out squad and overextended to maximize CC builds..

I just dont wanna get banned

7 minutes ago, (PS4)sarahsaurusx2014 said:

Ps4 player here, does negative strength mean all builds? Like a CC khora can use power donation is that bad? Speed nova? Negative strength ivara, neg str sleep equinox? Neg str vortex vauban? I just want to know what i can use safely! I just dont wanna get banned for helping out squad members ;-;

It was specifically towards negative Critical Damage rivens as that would exploit the damage system and players could deal billions to trillions of damage.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)sarahsaurusx2014 said:

No, negative strength wasnt the thing, it was specific riven mods that gave you negative damage in the end. Power donation on Khora and others still mean they do above 0 damage, you will never get into negative damage numbers.

And most likely it will ship in a fixed state for consoles.

Just now, SneakyErvin said:

No, negative strength wasnt the thing, it was specific riven mods that gave you negative damage in the end. Power donation on Khora and others still mean they do above 0 damage, you will never get into negative damage numbers.

And most likely it will ship in a fixed state for consoles.

Oh thank rngeesus!

17 minutes ago, Duhualan said:

The ability doesn’t work that way though, as many people in this thread have already explained.

I honestly thought Loki’s ability was working as intended. I don’t play Loki much specifically, but whenever I either accidentally or intentionally knock an enemy into a pit in regular play, (it appears to me like) they die almost every time. There’s lots of bugs in this game, so I thought the unreliability of enemies teleporting back or dying was just another Warframe quirk. Plus, the majority of games treat falling into a pit as death for player and mob alike.

When I saw the Loki teleport trick for disruption, I figured it was just one of those neat, little insider strats like nekros+hydroid (rip), djinn+gazal machete, equipping extra gladiator mods to sentinels, etc. Will using Loki or Nova to teleport the drone in Plague Star now be considered an exploit? 

4 hours ago, LULAWS said:

The second one actually gets the bug to be fixed in a timely manner, clearly.

One day we'll have the good ol' DotA exploit mentality, which helps their dev team immensely with fixing bugs. They know their game is being broken once again, but there's no ban streak for it. They're totally aware that the broken things aren't the players fault and reproducing it helps with troubleshooting and fixing. And that's a PvP game with a competitive side to it.

Placing blame entirely on the players by banning them for using your the broken game part in their advantage is just being unable to accept responsibility, at this point.

Hope you realize it's quite easy to reproduce and figure out what the "bug" is, without exploiting it in a competitive event/environment. You can place blame on the Devs for letting the bug slip through, no problem. But the blame for exploiting it lies with the players who did so 100%. Period.

I get that some people like to find ways to "break" the game, they truly enjoy it. And that's really not a problem either. The problem is abusing that in a competitive environment. It's like using cheats in a single player game vs a multiplayer one. You reap what you sow.

35 minutes ago, (PS4)nekokujo said:

I honestly thought Loki’s ability was working as intended. I don’t play Loki much specifically, but whenever I either accidentally or intentionally knock an enemy into a pit in regular play, (it appears to me like) they die almost every time. There’s lots of bugs in this game, so I thought the unreliability of enemies teleporting back or dying was just another Warframe quirk. Plus, the majority of games treat falling into a pit as death for player and mob alike.

When I saw the Loki teleport trick for disruption, I figured it was just one of those neat, little insider strats like nekros+hydroid (rip), djinn+gazal machete, equipping extra gladiator mods to sentinels, etc. Will using Loki or Nova to teleport the drone in Plague Star now be considered an exploit? 

The difference is ragdolling. When an enemy is in ragdoll state, it INGORES many normal mechanics, the one that teleports them back up included. Switch teleport doesn't ragdoll the enemy. This is part of why I feel ragdolling should have a serious look taken at it, even if it is fun to see an ancient bounce around like it's in a pinball machine.

7 minutes ago, IspanoLFW said:

The difference is ragdolling. When an enemy is in ragdoll state, it INGORES many normal mechanics, the one that teleports them back up included. Switch teleport doesn't ragdoll the enemy. This is part of why I feel ragdolling should have a serious look taken at it, even if it is fun to see an ancient bounce around like it's in a pinball machine.

Hm, interesting! Thanks for the clarification.

I definitely love the ragdolling in this game (and others). It’s one of those things that can put a smile on your face and uplift your spirits while you’re in the middle of a long grind. I see what you mean though. It might need a tweak to increase consistency in the way the game’s rules are applied.

On 2019-05-29 at 10:46 PM, Swagernator22663 said:

So when will players who used the mesa 4th with arcane velocity be branded as "exploiters" or any frames with exalted weapons + arcanes that boost those exalted weapons ? Cuz you know DE, its exploit right ? You guys still dont really know what to do with it right ? But you already removed it right ? Oh wait, you took it back just few weeks ago right ? So im now really confused how is it ? When we will be banned for you know ... using warframes.

Fix your game before you want to do some competetive stuff.

It clearly says: Using Loki's Ability to Switch Teleport a Demolyst to death on tiles with a !!!!bugged teleport volume!!! resulting in insta-death is considered an illicit run.

1 minute ago, ---Dradon--- said:

High score doesn't mean cheating, if they did not get wiped, that mean they are not exploiting.

how do you know they did it without exploiting?

it just impossible to do this score without exploiting.

il y a 4 minutes, Sqwaden a dit :

it's called get gud, those top score was also done post patch so it's impossible they abused of an exploit.

il y a 1 minute, Sqwaden a dit :

How do you know what's possible and what's not? Let me guess : "I can't do it, so they can't either " 

That's great to see player dedicating time in the game is still viewed in such high regard 🙂

1 hour ago, Sqwaden said:

The fact that you're unable to do it doesn't mean that it's impossible for others without using exploits. Don't assume anything if you have no solid proof that they used any foul play to get that score.

à l’instant, Sqwaden a dit :

how do you know there arent more exploits?

Idk, give me proof and I'll believe you, for now they are innocent until the contrary is proven.

God this event bring the worst of the community, it's just a game, not life.

4 minutes ago, --Q--Krakov said:

How do you know what's possible and what's not? Let me guess : "I can't do it, so they can't either " 

That's great to see player dedicating time in the game is still viewed in such high regard 🙂

ofc youre defending your clan,idc about my score,i did enough so my clan will get the rewards.

you had players from your clan with higher score like 231k that got deleted,the other players whom their score didnt get deleted are lucky.

u cant reach 151k without exploiting,the enemies have minilons of hp.

à l’instant, Sqwaden a dit :

how do you know there arent more exploits?

Might only be where I'm from, but you are not guilty until proven innocent but you are innocent until proven guilty. Provide proof that there is an exploit and then throw your tantrum. Acccusing people that did legit runs because of your own lack of capacity is immature and sad

Just now, ---Dradon--- said:

Idk, give me proof and I'll believe you, for now they are innocent until the contrary is proven.

God this event bring the worst of the community, it's just a game, not life.

give me a proof they didnt exploit.

Everyone saying it was a loki mechanic and was thus legit your deceiving yourself. Why would DE ever make something that's intended to be hard but allow a one shot mechanic, and player with any sense knows that using something like this is not an intended function - so using IS an exploit, using it so often and so blatantly is just dumb. Anyone who cheated their way through this even deserves everything they got and more - it ought to have been a perma ban

Archived