Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Hostile Mergers Leaderboard Information

[DE]Rebecca

Reseting scores if "exploit" was used is OK.

What is not OK is ban. Why you may ask? Because using Lokis' ST is like using Mesa's 4 it is an ability and if that unconventional approach solves the problem of ranking you can't just ban users, you should fix the problem, reset scores and let players try again. 

DE, guys, you  should really start working WITH  the community not AGAINST it.

19 hours ago, Voltage said:

I was in a run for 33,000 that used Valkyr, Valkyr, Nova, and Banshe

While that may be so, I think that Banshee or Nova are the frames that can cause negative damage but I am not certain as I don't look into that, but that could be what caused it to be counted as an illicit score. Getting 33k points legit is pretty hard as I went in for just 10k with a friend and by the time we left (1hr 7m this took) the enemies were level 200+ and we could just barely kill the demolyts. When playing with Randoms the chances you run into an exploiter do exist, but if you are in a pre-made group then you must have brought an exploiter on willingly knowing or the exploiter never said they were an exploiter.

5 minutes ago, archmage.nemo said:

Reseting scores if "exploit" was used is OK.

What is not OK is ban. Why you may ask? Because using Lokis' ST is like using Mesa's 4 it is an ability and if that unconventional approach solves the problem of ranking you can't just ban users, you should fix the problem, reset scores and let players try again. 

DE, guys, you  should really start working WITH  the community not AGAINST it.

20 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

- Cases of extreme abuse have resulted in temporary suspensions until the Operation is over on June 3rd. Any suspended accounts now have a score of 0 for their clan.
- Illicit scores in general have been removed where applicable.
- If an exploiting account is a repeat offender of exploits or suspicious behaviour, permanent game ban.

If you read it all it says only cases of EXTREME abuse are temp banned, I once used an exploit in Fartnite for just my win of the season but didn't use it more than that because I don't wanna abuse it at all and wanna earn my XP legit. People who got the cases of extreme abuse are probably those who went for high score not legitly possible and went for way more than they needed. People who got Perm banned are those who have exploited or committed suspicious behavior in the past and more than once so they probably also had a warning but continued to ignore them so I say the perm ban is OK and the temp ban is also ok. The fact you are complaining about this makes me THINK that either you or a friend were banned from this

9 minutes ago, dziellsGamer said:

If you read it all it says only cases of EXTREME abuse are temp banned, I once used an exploit in Fartnite for just my win of the season but didn't use it more than that because I don't wanna abuse it at all and wanna earn my XP legit. People who got the cases of extreme abuse are probably those who went for high score not legitly possible and went for way more than they needed. People who got Perm banned are those who have exploited or committed suspicious behavior in the past and more than once so they probably also had a warning but continued to ignore them so I say the perm ban is OK and the temp ban is also ok. The fact you are complaining about this makes me THINK that either you or a friend were banned from this

Either me or any of my friends were exploit users. I am just against radical solutions, which is caused by devs in the first place.  And to be honest DE should really, I mean REALLY rethink how they treat their community.

12 minutes ago, archmage.nemo said:

I am just against radical solutions

Any other game bans people that heavily exploit an unintended feature. Yes, even if they didn't outright take a stance against it right away. These people are actually lucky because a short suspension is a lot more leeway than other companies would have given them.

The people exploiting this bug weren't doing it ignorantly. They knew exactly what they were doing.

I think DE should give a more detailed explanation of the Loki issue, since switching enemies into bottomless pits to be rid of them sounds like typical Loki play. I mean what's next, banning players for doing the same thing with Valkyr's grapple?

I'm guess it involved finding spots of tiles which don't have such hazards, but cause enemies to die when switched because they're otherwise not supposed to go there? In which case, blame your QA team, I guess. 

I don't really understand why those players should be banned from the game (especially permanently) even if they do knowingly exploit it repeatedly. Just ban them from leaderboards and make a note of the exploits so you can fix them later. Nobody should be banned from a game for abusing an error in development. Even if it affects other players.

I remember back when Battlefield 3 had bugged weapons that could murder other players across the map... I even used them a few times because it was funny. Nobody ever got banned for exploiting the USAS12 when it was broken... or M203 Flechette rounds that somehow used the accuracy of whatever rifle they were attached to instead of the typical shotgun spread... DICE just fixed the issues and moved on. That's what DE should be doing here. 

39 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Any other game bans people that heavily exploit an unintended feature. Yes, even if they didn't outright take a stance against it right away. These people are actually lucky because a short suspension is a lot more leeway than other companies would have given them.

The people exploiting this bug weren't doing it ignorantly. They knew exactly what they were doing.

Even if you could assert that with such certainty... who cares?

The only way this affects other players at all is through leaderboards... so ban them from the leaderboards. There's no reason to ban someone who exploits a bug from the game itself, even temporarily. 

op rubs me up the wrong way and i hella dont like it.

i understand this was to keep the integrity of the leader boards. but your punishing players for using a mechanic that mind you WASNT even a bug. the game literally gave players a tool to use, and then you punished them for using it.

it was the game design that allowed it to happen, the lack of oversight is at fault here, i dont know why your punishing players to this degree.

i think removing scores is okay to do. but suspending accounts is pushing the accountability on players, and for DE to not (yet again) take any responsibility is pretty telling for past, current and future developments and events 

22 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

I usually avoid competitive enviroments (ie: LoL ranked) but I can feel Voltage. Being in a Clan without Dark Sectors and events going is so, so empty 😞

Exactly. Co-op can only bring a game so far. Iirc even DMC5 has online leaderboards on their Bloody Palace. 

We need the competitive stuff and the leaderboads and i would like more of that, but in fair runs with no exploits and those that abuse that exploit ban them so the good players are plaing a fair game. 

good job DE ban all the abusers and the exploiters

5 hours ago, BirdOfSong said:

Not every run was illigemetent. However thanks to the community every run is now considered an exploit run if it hits over 20k points.

Many players and the runs, legitimate or not were in mission for over TWELVE hours to achieve even the 200k+ mark.

thats true,i dont think players consider runs above 20k an exploit tho.

i know they wasted twelve hours and even more to get to 200k or even 300k but its still an exploit.

5 hours ago, rand0mname said:

So much salt for someone who do not care...

Let me guess, this is your alt account, your main is suspended and you are not happy that someone either slipped the net or (the horror) just was that good to get so far without exploits?

Prove me wrong ;).

actually,no.

1 hour ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

*Players find a creative, effective and sensible way to kill enemies using the given ingame options.
DE: "Lets f them up bois"

smh... I did never do exploits, but this is dumb.

I find it hilarious you're calling exploiting a bug "creative"

23 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

- If an exploiting account is a repeat offender of exploits or suspicious behaviour, permanent game ban.

This needs to be reversed. Players were not made aware of this before the ban, and just used in-game mechanics available at the time to overcome the evolution of a nullifier. 

How can you justify banning people based on your rules which you placed AFTER the event was live? Also with regards to the riven exploit, surely it's the fault of your devs this was in the game, are they also held accountable? Banned from DE offices forever? Unlikely. This makes no sense and is extremely unjustified and unfair. 

1 minute ago, MetalGrayFox said:

This needs to be reversed. Players were not made aware of this before the ban, and just used in-game mechanics available at the time to overcome the evolution of a nullifier. 

How can you justify banning people based on your rules which you placed AFTER the event was live? Also with regards to the riven exploit, surely it's the fault of your devs this was in the game, are they also held accountable? Banned from DE offices forever? Unlikely. This makes no sense and is extremely unjustified and unfair. 

Read again "repeat offender of exploits or suspicious behaviour" are you or your friends planning on repeating exploits or have done so in the past? No? Then there's no ban. Don't put it on the devs the fact you saw a bug and decided to take advantage of it in a competitive game mode.

2 hours ago, HomicidalGrouse said:

I think DE should give a more detailed explanation of the Loki issue, since switching enemies into bottomless pits to be rid of them sounds like typical Loki play. I mean what's next, banning players for doing the same thing with Valkyr's grapple?

I'm guess it involved finding spots of tiles which don't have such hazards, but cause enemies to die when switched because they're otherwise not supposed to go there? In which case, blame your QA team, I guess. 

I don't really understand why those players should be banned from the game (especially permanently) even if they do knowingly exploit it repeatedly. Just ban them from leaderboards and make a note of the exploits so you can fix them later. Nobody should be banned from a game for abusing an error in development. Even if it affects other players.

I remember back when Battlefield 3 had bugged weapons that could murder other players across the map... I even used them a few times because it was funny. Nobody ever got banned for exploiting the USAS12 when it was broken... or M203 Flechette rounds that somehow used the accuracy of whatever rifle they were attached to instead of the typical shotgun spread... DICE just fixed the issues and moved on. That's what DE should be doing here. 

The problem is that if you try to switch port an enemy into a pit anywhere else except those spots on the new tileset, they get teleported up normally. Meaning if anyone had tried it in normal play before this, they would likely have figured this out and realized it. As for Valkyr, not possible. Ragdolling an enemy DOES bypass the "teleport back to land" mechanic(and many other mechanics and should be looked at), but you can't ragdoll the Demos.

So, no. They knew exactly what they were doing.

hace 23 horas, Gabbynaru dijo:

Stop doing leaderboards and competitive stuff. Competition always brings the worst in people and they'll always try to cheat to get ahead. Always. This is supposed to be a co-op game, so why not encourage more cooperative gameplay rather than competitive?

I agree with you, after the attacks DDos and the toxic fights in the forums by the clans I do not want anymore.

Simply warframe should not be a competitive game, we will end up worse than League of legends.

Le 29/05/2019 à 17:10, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

MAY 30 EDIT:

We have fixed another exploit and cleaned out some illicit scores we detected as a result. This exploit was more firmly rooted in an older level scaling bug returning on certain unit types. We have fixed the bug, cleaned the scores, and now competition is more balanced for the final weekend stretch.

I'm sorry but that one is 100% your fault DE, if you would have tested a minimum your game mode you would have seen that there was an overflow past a certain point. Those run shouldn't be cleared as it was a forced bug and not something that player do.

8 hours ago, SilentMobius said:

That not my experience, every competitive game I've been involved in has been significantly more toxic than non-competitive games and each non-competitive game that has added competitive aspects has become more toxic,

Without exception.

I'm super happy that DE is dealing with persistent offenders like this, we simply don't need them.

Whatever makes you sleep at night, buddy.
Glad to see you being happy on other people's misfortune bad or good that it is.

Now I see what's the problem with what you're finding

Mistakes happen, you can find an exploit on your own, but you can't abuse it, the ones displayed here were intentionally used to gain advantage.

Think about it, if DE did nothing now it would open up an exception that could be used as a weapon against DE on future events, players would make a claim and DE would have no other option but to allow the exploits.

This way a clear idea is sent to players and clan leaders, so that when DE says "prepare your clanmates for an upcomming event", players don't start saying "use and abuse the exploits you find" as that may potentially be the end of the clan if leaders and warlords are affected.

In anycase, players come and go all the time, DE isn't attacking veterans, they are not against veterans, try to use common sense and view from DE's perspective, those scores had to be removed and the punishments aren't really to big of an issue, players are simply unable to play during the event, it sends those players a message that such thing isn't allowed but that they are free to try hard in the next event.

For repeating offenders, yeah, those are screwed.

I'm not saying you shouldn't criticize DE, but please don't use "indept game mechanics" or "other events had exploiters aswell" as an excuse, you are responsible for your game alone, if you exploited you should be atleast warned, i also have a event score that is way beyond any possible scenario, the score was removed  from leaderboards and i had to ask support to deliver a clan dojo statue, while i never got warned or punished, i know that DE doesn't want players doing such a thing, so i use that to guide fellow clanmates so that they don't fall into a ban trap

I learned even without anything happening to me, i sugest that other players do the same.

If you don't care and won't listen, then proceed at your own risk and responsibility

1 hour ago, Asdryu said:

Whatever makes you sleep at night, buddy.
Glad to see you being happy on other people's misfortune bad or good that it is.

Now I see what's the problem with what you're finding

No need to be so passive aggressive. I don't even see the reason why you're so angry. Are you one of the people that got their score wiped?

Apart from that I'm still shocked that some people are willing to waste few hours of their life per run to have the biggest number next to their name. I love competitive measuring contests.

9 hours ago, IspanoLFW said:

*sigh* As much as I agree with taking action on those that exploit, proof is REQUIRED. Proof that they were, not that they weren't. That's how it works in the real world too. If DE feels they are using exploits, they will do something. You aren't adding anything here.

9 hours ago, --Q--Krakov said:

You want valid argumentation that it is not an "exploit" run?

LET'S DO IT MA BOI

First off, the 151k scores were made after the fix off the exploit, so kinda hard to do so, but let's be honest that won't satisfy you, because you already seems way biased against Quasars no matter what.

Second legit argument would be that the 150k score was made even before the big wipe and funny thing is : The score stayed. So it would mean that DE verified the run and it was in no way an exploit. 

8 hours ago, BirdOfSong said:

Not every run was illigemetent. However thanks to the community every run is now considered an exploit run if it hits over 20k points.

Many players and the runs, legitimate or not were in mission for over TWELVE hours to achieve even the 200k+ mark.

8 hours ago, rand0mname said:

So much salt for someone who do not care...

Let me guess, this is your alt account, your main is suspended and you are not happy that someone either slipped the net or (the horror) just was that good to get so far without exploits?

Prove me wrong ;).

http://prntscr.com/nvn57o

still leggit?

🙂

Archived