Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Hostile Mergers Leaderboard Information

[DE]Rebecca

4 minutes ago, Takkov said:

I mean, Loki just did what he always did, I dont see where the exploit in that is in the first place. All my runs were with Inaros anyhow, but if an ability just does exactly what it is supposed to be, where is the exploit? Mainly asking for clarification, as it doesnt make any sense to me from a logical point of view.

I am in the same the ability if used like that I would say that is thinking smart and not hard.

And where is the exploit there? If you can throw an enemy into a pit to kill it, that makes sense from any point of view I can imagine. In fact, that's what you are supposed to do in quite a couple of games I played in the first place. See: Divinity Original Sin 1/2, Nioh, Dark Souls, Pathfinder (Pen&Paper)

I actually completely disagree with this action. I think it's unreasonable to remove scores and suspend/ban players for finding the most efficient ways within the games allowed rules to get a higher score. Blaming the players for using a warframe's ability in a way that it has always performed because DE failed to anticipate this application isn't okay.

9 minutes ago, Takkov said:

I mean, Loki just did what he always did, I dont see where the exploit in that is in the first place. All my runs were with Inaros anyhow, but if an ability just does exactly what it is supposed to be, where is the exploit? Mainly asking for clarification, as it doesnt make any sense to me from a logical point of view.

If I'm understanding this correctly, the exploit part is that it used bugged tiles and such that caused them to instantly fall out of the map and die. 

2 minutes ago, Ewokman said:

I actually completely disagree with this action. I think it's unreasonable to remove scores and suspend/ban players for finding the most efficient ways within the games allowed rules to get a higher score. Blaming the players for using a warframe's ability in a way that it has always performed because DE failed to anticipate this application isn't okay.

Just as they said in the responses, this was an exploitation of map issues to teleport enemies out of bounds to instantly kill them. This was an exploit, not clever thinking, because under any normal circumstances the enemy would be teleported back to safety and continue toward the conduit.

My concerns:

1. It seems kind of harsh to suspend or ban players who put, if nothing else, a lot of time into the event. I think it would be better to just reset their scores so that they can try to participate in the event legitimately.
2. I don't think it's proper to punish them to that extent when they didn't really have anything indicating that the strategy they used was not allowed. Killing enemies via Switch Teleport is unconventional, but unconventional targets call for unconventional measures. You could call it a cheese strat or whatever and that's fine, but ultimately I don't think the information the players had access to beforehand demonstrated clearly enough that such a strategy would not be tolerated.

I haven't been affected by this personally, nor do I know anybody who has been. Maybe I'm just giving too much credit, but I still find it a bit concerning that these players got suspended or banned for a strategy that wasn't explicitly stated to be illicit beforehand.

So when will players who used the mesa 4th with arcane velocity be branded as "exploiters" or any frames with exalted weapons + arcanes that boost those exalted weapons ? Cuz you know DE, its exploit right ? You guys still dont really know what to do with it right ? But you already removed it right ? Oh wait, you took it back just few weeks ago right ? So im now really confused how is it ? When we will be banned for you know ... using warframes.

Fix your game before you want to do some competetive stuff.

29 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Stop doing leaderboards and competitive stuff. Competition always brings the worst in people and they'll always try to cheat to get ahead. Always. This is supposed to be a co-op game, so why not encourage more cooperative gameplay rather than competitive?

owww LMAO. This is exactly what this game needs! U have the rest of the entire game for cooperative gameplay! Competitives events is the best thing on WF ! MAkes the clans work for an objective and it should be encourage!

2 minutes ago, Zetaikenshi said:

Just as they said in the responses, this was an exploitation of map issues to teleport enemies out of bounds to instantly kill them. This was an exploit, not clever thinking, because under any normal circumstances the enemy would be teleported back to safety and continue toward the conduit.

some players might not have known that. and just assumed.

31 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Stop doing leaderboards and competitive stuff. Competition always brings the worst in people and they'll always try to cheat to get ahead. Always. This is supposed to be a co-op game, so why not encourage more cooperative gameplay rather than competitive?

I'd actually argue that it's fine to run competitive events like this, and in fact, these situations weed out those who are determined to cheat the game while letting everyone else compete in peace, legitimately.

1 minute ago, Geraaltix said:

I'd actually argue that it's fine to run competitive events like this, and in fact, these situations weed out those who are determined to cheat the game while letting everyone else compete in peace, legitimately.

That would work only if the game was stagnating, which it isn't. Plus, since this is a free to play game, it's very easy to just make a new account, level it up and sabotage the next leaderboard. VPNs are commonly accessible, so banning those people completely is outright impossible.

I personally liked the competition thing It was nice to have something a clan can work towards cause most of the game is geared toward personal development and personal gearing. It is a shame that so many people found the exploit and instead of leaving it alone continued to used said exploit to make themselves and their clan look like they are better than everyone else. I am very glad to see this, in that people that are using exploits for gaining what ever, are called out for using it and punished.

Thank You DE!

3 minutes ago, Deltablood said:

I don't think it's proper to punish them to that extent when they didn't really have anything indicating that the strategy they used was not allowed. Killing enemies via Switch Teleport is unconventional, but unconventional targets call for unconventional measures. You could call it a cheese strat or whatever and that's fine, but ultimately I don't think the information the players had access to beforehand demonstrated clearly enough that such a strategy would not be tolerated.

Spot on. I saw and it and thought ''Hey, that's clever'' without considering there was more going on under the hood, it's an intuitive way to use the mechanics in the game as they are presented so I feel a lot of players will find their accounts banned without at the time realizing AT ALL they weren't supposed to be doing that. People have a fetish for when cheaters are banned though, I'm afraid they're not gonna get much empathy.

11 minutes ago, Takkov said:

Thank you! It's literally just using Loki's ability in a creative way. I don't know why DE would punish players for using their Warframe's abilities. If they felt it was imbalanced then they should have given the Demolyst some way of getting back onto the map. It's my understanding that they did do that but if it glitches, then how is that the Loki's fault? All the Loki knew was that if he tele'd the Demolyst off a ledge that sometimes it dies and sometimes it teleports back. Units dying when they fall off the map is the norm in Warframe so, if anything, the Loki would think the teleporting was a glitch and not the established interaction.

All I see is a cooperative puzzle set forward by DE and the community solving it in creative ways. 

Maybe I'm missing something on how Loki's ability works? I ran the mode with Ash and I don't have Loki so I wouldn't know.

I'm also really not convinced competition hurts the game and am not sure why people are worried. I'm not interested in the competition, but it's exciting for a lot of people and I have seen zero negative consequences for those who don't.

Just now, Hennils said:

Reset of scores and removal of runs from leaderboards that you consider illicit is understandable. Please never ban players in cases like this.

Yep honestly a little blown away. I saw the strat and thought it was a clever cheese, not an exploit. Luckily I had no interest in doing it myself

Archived