Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Hostile Mergers Leaderboard Information

[DE]Rebecca

A lot of people are so salty when they don't even know the exploits used.

When you teleport enemies with Loki over the edge they should respawn. Like you respawn when you fall into a pit with your warframe.

In this new game mode when enemies were switched with Loki in certain spots they died. It was a bug, they were not supposed to die. You could potentially kill level 2000 mobs. People exploited this bug to get a high score. It's simple people abused a bug. They got punished. Same with -CD

Only "extreme abusers" got suspended until 3 June and repeat offender of exploits or suspicious behaviour got perma banned. I think it's fair. 

I am in agreement that banning or suspending is pretty lame.  I don't really care about leaderboards or competitive clans, but dropping enemies into a pit seems to just make sense.  If it involves broken tiles that insta kill enemies, that's a little more dodgy but I wouldn't ban or suspend your bug testers.

1 minute ago, Clowee said:

I am in agreement that banning or suspending is pretty lame.  I don't really care about leaderboards or competitive clans, but dropping enemies into a pit seems to just make sense.

Even if said "dropping enemies into a pit" doesn't actually work anywhere else?

1 час назад, Short_Temper сказал:

scored are impossibly hard for smaller clans

Sup, we have like 3 active members and 1 forced to attend the event by beer offerings. >5k each, >20k total required for gold statue in ghost clan, it is proudly standing in our hall now. No exploits, just some planning and a bit of yelling over discord, 2 attempts. Impossibly hard you say?

1 minute ago, MarkusLove said:

Sorry could someone explain the riven DMG exploit.  I can't think of a way in which a riven that givens negative weapon dmg could ever be useful, let alone used to easily kill enemies in this event?

Normally when you push your crit damage below -100%, it simply does 0 damage on crits. But with Demos it was bleeding over into negative, ie infinite.

Just now, IspanoLFW said:

Normally when you push your crit damage below -100%, it simply does 0 damage on crits. But with Demos it was bleeding over into negative, ie infinite.

Oh interesting.  I actually had a riven for a bow that caused me to do negative critical DMG, and like you said, it would just do zero dmg to enemies.  Glad I never tried it on the Demos.  Thanks for the explanation.

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Yars ago, Operation Trophies and their method of acquisition were changed to allow every clan the chance to earn them, rather than just top clans.

Just want to say that I love this change. Love seeing gold trophies in my spawn room.

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hello Tenno!

We've done our first Leaderboard Operation since 2017-05-04 with Ambulas Reborn. You read that right - it's been 2 years! And history certainly does repeat itself. As we debut new mission types with Operations, so do we find that exploits are discovered and abused.

Years ago, Operation Trophies and their method of acquisition were changed to allow every clan the chance to earn them, rather than just top clans. This was done because top clans tend to have illicit runs, which means tying rewards to them is questionable.

With all this in mind in the midst of another Operation, the question becomes how involved it is to wipe illicit runs. Each event has a different definition of illicit runs because the variety of Warframe abilities and content results in different edge cases. In the case of Operation: Hostile Mergers, let's first define ‘illicit' runs.

Operation: Hostile Mergers:

1) Using Loki's Ability to Switch Teleport a Demolyst to death on tiles with a bugged teleport volume resulting in insta-death is considered an illicit run.
2) Using negative damage exploits to compete is not permitted and is considered an illicit run.

We have been able to cleanly identify cohorts that used Items 1 and 2 for Leaderboard runs.

The following measures have been enforced against confirmed exploiters:

- Cases of extreme abuse have resulted in temporary suspensions until the Operation is over on June 3rd. Any suspended accounts now have a score of 0 for their clan.
- Illicit scores in general have been removed where applicable.
- If an exploiting account is a repeat offender of exploits or suspicious behaviour, permanent game ban.

Thanks to all Tenno who cleanly participate.

Cheers!

1) So we're punishing players who are clever and creative thinkers with all their available tools, yet again. [DE] you do know what you're abilities do, right? Or have you forgotten what they do, what they really can do? How is this the players fault when you coded the ability and enemies in the first place? You knew those enemies can't fly because your created them, you knew the map has vast open areas and certain locations which has pitfalls for anything to fall into. You gave them Immunity to certain abilities, but since you failed reviewing all the abilities, apparently one gets through the crack, you threaten to ban players, yet again? You gave the players the tools, they found a way to optimize the game mode. You shun the players for working with what they have? When you were the one who them that in the first place, and had an oversight about enemies lack of flying on a tile-set you can easily fall of from? Bravo DE *slow clap* Bravo. 

2) Have you still not fixed your coding since the negative power strength thing since Power Donation, yet?   

1 minute ago, IcyJalapeno said:

1) So we're punishing players who are clever and creative thinkers with all their available tools, yet again. [DE] you do know what you're abilities do, right? Or have you forgotten what they do, what they really can do? How is this the players fault when you coded the ability and enemies in the first place? You knew those enemies can't fly because your created them, you knew the map has vast open areas and certain locations which has pitfalls for anything to fall into. You gave them Immunity to certain abilities, but since you failed review all the abilities, apparently one gets through the crack, you threaten to ban players, yet again? You gave the players the tools, they found a way to optimize the game mode. You shun the players for working with what they have? When you were the one who them that in the first place, and had an oversight about enemies lack of flying on a tile-set you can easily fall of from? Bravo DE *slow clap* Bravo. 

2) Have you still not fixed your coding since the negative power strength thing since Power Donation, yet?   

Do YOU know what happens when you switch port an enemy into a pit on any other map? Because I don't think you do. They teleport back up. The issue isn't switch teleport, it was the enemy not being put back on the platform as intended. Switch Teleport just made it easy to get them into that pit.

My clan is Stoked to have another leaderboard event as we pride ourselves in pushing hard to place 1st. BUT we don't cheat or use exploits. We simply band together as a clan and assist all to reach clan goal. Competition is great for the community(if not allowed to use exploits), it unites our clan members & bands us together as one unit working together towards the same goal. 

Ty DE for addressing exploits & I am thankful this will be implemented by the time it hits PS4. 👊

9 minutes ago, IspanoLFW said:

Do YOU know what happens when you switch port an enemy into a pit on any other map? Because I don't think you do. They teleport back up. The issue isn't switch teleport, it was the enemy not being put back on the platform as intended. Switch Teleport just made it easy to get them into that pit.

In The Index, if we fall off, do we die, or do we just respawn like nothing happen? Majority of the other games, yes, if we fall off we'll respawn like nothing happened. 

It's laughable the amount of people that are outraged over the Loki bug being punished despite not even understanding what was actually happening with it. I'm glad I'm not seeing as many complaints about negative value rivens.

hace 4 horas, Gabbynaru dijo:

Stop doing leaderboards and competitive stuff. Competition always brings the worst in people and they'll always try to cheat to get ahead. Always. This is supposed to be a co-op game, so why not encourage more cooperative gameplay rather than competitive?

Because competitive things are the ones that attrack 80-90% of the player base ? .

1 minute ago, --Blame-- said:

Wrong

Check again all events, names, then do bit deeper research about same names, u gonna have ur answers. Yeh, it is not literally 5, most likely first 10 places of each tier, but that is still far from 80-90% while in reality they make under 5%.

4 hours ago, Godzilla853 said:

I am in the same the ability if used like that I would say that is thinking smart and not hard.

except that its an exploit as in any other tile enemies knocked or thrown off a map into an out of bounds zone is placed back onto the tile sometimes right near where they fell off, other times in a completely different area. thus the enemy never coming back is a bug as they stated and has now been fixed. maybe next time theyll work hard smart and fair instead of cheating thier asses to the top.

Archived