Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Hostile Mergers Leaderboard Information

[DE]Rebecca

Just now, Vengeance_A said:

I'm failing to see what clan event has to do with checking the leaderboard - anything regarding it.

If your clan is a event clan you check leaderboard scores to see your placement. Competitive clans, like mine come together, set goals to try and achieve 1st on the boards. Its something we are proud of as a clan. Its something that a leaderboard clan event offers. 1st is something to be proud of no?

2 minutes ago, Kromatia said:

Negative damage exploits? What does this mean?

Going under -100% crit damage via a Riven, normally makes crits do 0 damage. With Demos it was actually rolling over into negative, literally doing infinite damage.

1 minute ago, IspanoLFW said:

Going under -100% crit damage via a Riven, normally makes crits do 0 damage. With Demos it was actually rolling over into negative, literally doing infinite damage.

Good grief. o.o And someone thought this was a legitimate way to play whyyyyy? o.O

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Steelergurl33 said:

If your clan is a event clan you check leaderboard scores to see your placement. Competitive clans, like mine come together, set goals to try and achieve 1st on the boards. Its something we are proud of as a clan. Its something that a leaderboard clan event offers. 1st is something to be proud of no?

I don;t think u figured out what I meant to say.

Most of the people don't care about leaderboards. Clan events are not the only thing to check or to score. If people are playing this game for 1-2 years or more and never bothered with it to check, it says enough.

I would agree, but this is just amount of people and pressure to put on them. Plus spare time and will. Is this game competitive? It is not. Does game need any skill to play/achieve something? It does not. 1st is something to be proud of, yes, in real life. Game? Hardly.

Many ppl aka Warlords didn't even care to bug ppl with a certain score. While others, how u say ''competitive'' clans were like ''get this score or u are kicked''. Is that something to be proud of?

Again, I have no issue with that, nobody is forced to be there or do that. Own choice. But calling urself competitive and using obvious exploit with knowing most likely u gonna get punished for it just cuz being greedy? Which part of it is competitive? Who gonna exploit longer and more?

First off, I know I'm in Quasar I'm biased gne gne and Duh duh.

Many time I tried to convince friends to play the game and it is the lack of competitiveness in the game in the 2 last year that made them stop playing the game (Since the only thing that could be counted as competitive is Conclave and that the gamemode is half dead).
So maybe there are not that much Event Clan like Quasar, Remnants, etc. but there is a lot of potential player that could be attracted if competitiveness would be taken seriously in this game.

il y a 8 minutes, Vengeance_A a dit :

Sorry but it attracts like 5 clans lmfao.

Majority of ppl never even checked leaderboards, even after 1k hours of play.

Il y a 4 heures, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

As we debut new mission types with Operations, so do we find that exploits are discovered and abused.

That is part of my main concern from all those sheninagans : Why would you ban/sanction players for doing EXACTLY the reason why you are doing Operation when it actually help you if they strive to find new exploits since it allows to make the game better. Yes it might be unfair to the ones that can't find that kind of bug, but finding those bugs now and them being fixed is way better than having those bugs staying for the 3 next years and trivializing those gamemode later on. Because let's be honest, if no one would have used Loki, it wouldn't be fixed, wouldn't it? 

Just now, --Q--Krakov said:

First off, I know I'm in Quasar I'm biased gne gne and Duh duh.

Many time I tried to convince friends to play the game and it is the lack of competitiveness in the game in the 2 last year that made them stop playing the game (Since the only thing that could be counted as competitive is Conclave and that the gamemode is half dead).
So maybe there are not that much Event Clan like Quasar, Remnants, etc. but there is a lot of potential player that could be attracted if competitiveness would be taken seriously in this game.

That is part of my main concern from all those sheninagans : Why would you ban/sanction players for doing EXACTLY the reason why you are doing Operation when it actually help you if they strive to find new exploits since it allows to make the game better. Yes it might be unfair to the ones that can't find that kind of bug, but finding those bugs now and them being fixed is way better than having those bugs staying for the 3 next years and trivializing those gamemode later on. Because let's be honest, if no one would have used Loki, it wouldn't be fixed, wouldn't it? 

Tell me the difference between someone who finds an exploit, reports it, and doesn't repeat it... from someone who finds an exploit, may or may not report it, then ABUSES it.

18 minutes ago, Vengeance_A said:

Check again all events, names, then do bit deeper research about same names, u gonna have ur answers. Yeh, it is not literally 5, most likely first 10 places of each tier, but that is still far from 80-90% while in reality they make under 5%.

I agree that they are always the same clans that are in the top 20, but it does not mean that clans that can not get top 20 are not interested in getting the gold trophy

and wanting or not, scoring may even be a minority, but picking trophy also comes within the competitive context.

So I still disagree with you.

1 minute ago, --Q--Krakov said:

The due process of finding a bug is cataloging it and sending it off to DE to get fixed, not exploiting it for as long as you can. Don't try to justify cheating by saying it helps the game grow. As was said often during another fiasco involving the game being exploited: "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

8 minutes ago, IspanoLFW said:

Tell me the difference between someone who finds an exploit, reports it, and doesn't repeat it... from someone who finds an exploit, may or may not report it, then ABUSES it.

6 minutes ago, Eklectus said:

The due process of finding a bug is cataloging it and sending it off to DE to get fixed, not exploiting it for as long as you can. Don't try to justify cheating by saying it helps the game grow. As was said often during another fiasco involving the game being exploited: "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

4 minutes ago, --Q--Krakov said:

Why would you ban/sanction players for doing EXACTLY the reason why you are doing Operation when it actually help you if they strive to find new exploits since it allows to make the game better.

I was thinking this answer will be obvious by now.

Because if u find exploit, u report it and don't use it. Even if u were curious about trying it out, u don't push to 200k score.

3 minutes ago, --Blame-- said:

I agree that they are always the same clans that are in the top 20, but it does not mean that clans that can not get top 20 are not interested in getting the gold trophy

and wanting or not, scoring may even be a minority, but picking trophy also comes within the competitive context.

So I still disagree with you.

U are missing my point. I worked with my clan for that gold trophy and we got it at the end. Many did work for it. But as Warlord, I openly told them to not try any of exploit because there is a risk to get banned. Isn't that my job as Warlord, instead of supporting them to get banned?

1 minute ago, Cloudy_KiTeer said:

Its almost as if you have a specific grudge for Quasars. There are like 500+ of them and only a few did it, so now they are considered all cheaters and hackers and exploiters?  Literally everyone else on the leader-boards did the same exploit and glitch. Yet they are not being shat upon. (Just a perspective.) 

I don't even know who they are. I asked him what the difference was, that's it.

il y a 2 minutes, IspanoLFW a dit :

That's a great question ! First off, let's say that DE has so many tools to help them towards figuring such exploit, well at least I'd hope they do because if they don't that would be quite saddening.
But let's take the example of the current operation : Loki and Negative Crit Riven

How did it got figured out? People were using it.

If the community as a whole decided not to "exploit" Loki, no one would have known about it, because it wouldn't have been deemed that "broken" because the original 3-4 people that discovered it wouldn't have thought of it as game breaking.

It is the fact that it became a generalized uses of Loki that made it game breaking.

I'll agree with you that negative riven is something that needed to be fixed ASAP, but then again if no one used it, it would still be there.

That's a great question ! First off, let's say that DE has so many tools to help them towards figuring such exploit, well at least I'd hope they do because if they don't that would be quite saddening.
But let's take the example of the current operation : Loki and Negative Crit Riven

If the community as a whole decided not to "exploit" Loki, no one would have known about it, because it wouldn't have been deemed that "broken" because the original 3-4 people that discovered it wouldn't have thought of it as game breaking.

It is the fact that it became a generalized uses of Loki that made it game breaking.

I'll agree with you that negative riven is something that needed to be fixed ASAP, but then again if no one used it, it would still be there.

Things get fixed without wide spread abuse. People just don't bother to report bugs like they should. Either way, it doesn't excuse abuse of it. Period.

Also, it wasn't exploiting Loki. It was exploiting the tileset not having what it should have had.

Just now, Cloudy_KiTeer said:

Its almost as if you have a specific grudge for Quasars. There are like 500+ of them and only a few did it, so now they are considered all cheaters and hackers and exploiters?  Literally everyone else on the leader-boards did the same exploit and glitch. Yet they are not being shat upon. (Just a perspective.) 

Did I mention Quasars in particular? No. I'm talking about the guy's argument that exploiting the game helps it grow. He could be one of the cheaters, he could have no personal stake in the leaderboard issue. Either way, what he said is trying to justify the actions of those who cheated and that's where I have a problem.

15 minutes ago, Vengeance_A said:

I don;t think u figured out what I meant to say.

Most of the people don't care about leaderboards. Clan events are not the only thing to check or to score. If people are playing this game for 1-2 years or more and never bothered with it to check, it says enough.

I would agree, but this is just amount of people and pressure to put on them. Plus spare time and will. Is this game competitive? It is not. Does game need any skill to play/achieve something? It does not. 1st is something to be proud of, yes, in real life. Game? Hardly.

Many ppl aka Warlords didn't even care to bug ppl with a certain score. While others, how u say ''competitive'' clans were like ''get this score or u are kicked''. Is that something to be proud of?

Again, I have no issue with that, nobody is forced to be there or do that. Own choice. But calling urself competitive and using obvious exploit with knowing most likely u gonna get punished for it just cuz being greedy? Which part of it is competitive? Who gonna exploit longer and more?

Perhaps you missed my 1st post. Using exploits to gain high scores is something I am strongly against. However having a clan and coming together to work hard for a top score WITHOUT using exploits has it's own sense of pride.

Plus a little variety(leaderboard clan events) thrown in every once in a while(or 2 years oof) is great for the community. It allows for those that still enjoy the competitive nature of game modes to excel. 

The world we live in now allows for everyone to be a winner. I like that DE implements a leaderboard to highlight those that worked hard for their score with a 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc. But cheating to get there is something I am strongly against. That's all mate. Have a great night!

4 minutes ago, --Q--Krakov said:

Exploits are STILL exploits. It doesn't matter if it benefited the game in some way to expose it. If you found it and KNOWINGLY kept using it, you deserve the suspension you received. Cheating is cheating no matter what the final outcome actually is.

il y a 1 minute, Kromatia a dit :

Exploits are STILL exploits. It doesn't matter if it benefited the game in some way to expose it. If you found it and KNOWINGLY kept using it, you deserve the suspension you received. Cheating is cheating no matter what the final outcome actually is.

il y a 1 minute, Eklectus a dit :

Did I mention Quasars in particular? No. I'm talking about the guy's argument that exploiting the game helps it grow. He could be one of the cheaters, he could have no personal stake in the leaderboard issue. Either way, what he said is trying to justify the actions of those who cheated and that's where I have a problem.

I do know people that got score locked, Yes I do. I didn't. My issue being that if DE continue to be that harsh on exploiting on a Operation that is basically made to find Exploits and Bug abuse, they won't find any. But not for a lack of having bug and exploit available. But as a fear of being banned in the leaderboard. But it isn't good because these exploit will surface later on and it won't be as easily fixable as wiping a leaderboard.

I do know people that got score locked, Yes I do. I didn't. My issue being that if DE continue to be that harsh on exploiting on a Operation that is basically made to find Exploits and Bug abuse, they won't find any. But not for a lack of having bug and exploit available. But as a fear of being banned in the leaderboard. But it isn't good because these exploit will surface later on and it won't be as easily fixable as wiping a leaderboard.

You're still pushing the blame away from players and onto DE, when it's players abusing the exploit.

The event is not made to find exploits, you misread the entire original post. If you didn't do any of the exploits, then good on you.
However, your clan had players who did. And your clan has had players doing them for years. Stop trying to find excuses for it.

Hope you have a nice day, but it's seriously time for you to stop posting.

These game modes aren't designed for us to find exploits and bugs as you say. People find them, abuse them and share them on YouTube and Twitch. That's not fair to those of us who play the game LEGITIMATELY and survive to gain the scores all the same. Stop justifying their cheating. Cheaters need to be reprimanded and I'm glad DE stepped up to the plate on this one. It sets a great precedent going forward.

Yes, exploits will always be found. You can't beta test every bug out of the system with a small group of testers. What you CAN do is crack down on people who WILLINGLY and KNOWINGLY abuse the hell out of a bug or exploit for personal gain. There is no benefit for allowing exploiting. The only benefit is for the person exploiting and it gives them an unfair advantage over everyone else.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Steelergurl33 said:

Perhaps you missed my 1st post. Using exploits to gain high scores is something I am strongly against. However having a clan and coming together to work hard for a top score WITHOUT using exploits has it's own sense of pride. 

I do agree on this, I don't see why it would be a negative thing to go for 1st place or any other on leaderboard if u/ur clan care about it.

I don't mind even if it comes more often like every 6 months or something even tho I don't care about it much. Rewards are nice and gives something to work for, even for most casual clans/players.

Cheers, nothing negative, just a discussion! 🙂

5 minutes ago, --Q--Krakov said:

You've made it up in your head that an Operation is all about finding an exploit to make it easier. That's not it. Perhaps you should stop thinking about how to break the game in order for it to suit your needs and actually compete, you know, fairly?

Again, finding a bug is not a bannable offense, in fact, it's quite often rewarded. What does deserve to be harshly punished is continuing to knowingly exploit it.

il y a 5 minutes, Kromatia a dit :

These game modes aren't designed for us to find exploits and bugs as you say. People find them, abuse them and share them on YouTube and Twitch. That's not fair to those of us who play the game LEGITIMATELY and survive to gain the scores all the same. Stop justifying their cheating. Cheaters need to be reprimanded and I'm glad DE stepped up to the plate on this one. It sets a great precedent going forward.

Yes, exploits will always be found. You can't beta test every bug out of the system with a small group of testers. What you CAN do is crack down on people who WILLINGLY and KNOWINGLY abuse the hell out of a bug or exploit for personal gain. There is no benefit for allowing exploiting. The only benefit is for the person exploiting and it gives them an unfair advantage over everyone else.

il y a 1 minute, Quilitine a dit :

The event is not made to find exploits, you misread the entire original post. If you didn't do any of the exploits, then good on you.
However, your clan had players who did. And your clan has had players doing them for years. Stop trying to find excuses for it.

Hope you have a nice day, but it's seriously time for you to stop posting.

Quilitine Why would I stop posting? I don't really get it, I'm trying to have a civil discussion with a fellow Warframe player with a different opinion than mine

As of your initial point, am I mistaken when I red "As we debut new mission types with Operations, so do we find that exploits are discovered and abused."

That's quite self explanatory, at least for me, but it might be the fact that I'm a french canadian and that my english isn't as perfect as I'd like it to be.

As Cloudy said earlier, S#&$ting on a clan when there are one out of plenty other that did use exploit, it's somewhat of a negative attitude and we're all warframe player, let's just be positive would you? 😄

Kromatia : The gamemode in itself isn't designed to find bugs obviously ! The operation are tho. Rebecca said so in her original post. I am not justifying cheating, I am justifying using the Operation for what it is meant. It is meant for bug fixing a gamemode that just came out. What better way to do so than encouraging players to break the game? Like you so wisely said, the Quality Control Team of Warframe can't do all the heavy lifting in that domain, so why trying to say that players should be discouraged to do so and in the end of the line helping the entire game to be on a better Quality in terms of bugs.

Archived