Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Gear (Consumables) Blueprints... Is It Joke Or For Real?

zelgaris

I assume we knew consumables would be moved to foundry after removal from market.

I also think we expected DE will mess this up... constructive criticism mixed with sarcasm ahead...

So what is wrong with the new consumables in comparison to the old buy, equip, go system.

We have to go trough to many steps to use the consumables in comparison to the old system

In the good old system, consumables were just a simple click away from Arsenal UI/Gear screen. It was simple, convenient, it was really good.

What we have now? What we have to do to purchase and equip a single consumable.

1) Market

2) Gear

3) Chose the consumable

4) Click buy

5) Yes (spend credits)

6) Foundry

7) Miscellaneous 

8) Find the item, check the resources and click build (spend credit AGAIN! - why there is a cost here, we already paid for the blueprint, why can't we have a single price for the blueprint and no price for building it?)

9) Wait a minute...

10) Claim the item

11) Open Arsenal

12) Open Arsenal/Gear

13) Equip the item

13 steps instead of 3 or four?

I think the problem here is pretty obvious and this is the case of consumables we buy in foundry.

When we want to purchase the better ones, the process is even longer, because we have to go to Dojo to buy replicas of the blueprints.

But first we have to find the particular lab, because we can't have Oracle as a single hub for all the research.

And when we finally get there, we don't even know how much credits we have and how many blueprints of that particular consumable we already bought/have.

Ad 9) Why we have to wait a minute? One minute is not that much, but in the context, it's too much! We were angry we can't buy multiple consumables at once before and now you make it even worse? Just wow... if we could at least build multiple same items at once....

I really want this system to just burn and die, but that's not gonna happen probably, so at least lower the pain you are causing us with these "great improvements" by allowing us to buy blueprints of 10x and 50x of the given consumable. And no, I don't mean 10x/50x normal blueprint, I mean a blueprint, which will take an instant to build and when we claim it, we will get 10/50 pieces of that particular consumable!

No accurate numbers in description

Former Large health restore description was "Restores 100 health". Current Medium Team Energy Restore says "Restores ENERGY to all team members in greater quantities"...

You recently added ingame stats to make the damage and other stats transparent, clear and visible to players and then in next hotfix you add new consumables with vague descriptions like "greater quantities".

I start to believe there is big "F*** CONSISTENCY" banner somewhere in DE office or complete chaos in the design team or somewhere...

Edited by zelgaris

Yeah, previous complaint about how we bought health boosts and ammo boxes was all the clicking, why can't we buy a bunch at a time.

DE responded with they are looking into it.  So now rather than streamlining the process we get... this?

Edited by Wahooo

When it was initially done and was MUCH more expensive and resource hungry than it is now and took a lot more time to craft....I thought, aha, clever, this is going to be a refillable container. So I built one and no it was a one time use ammo box or whatever.

Far, far better had they been reusable:

1. Very expensive to craft (especially ammo), even use forma

2. Linked to mastery for ability to carry (e.g. Mastery 3 above)

3. Craft 2 and combine (to affect 2 people), combine 3 affect 3 people, combine 4 affect 4 people

3. Linked to Mastery for effectiveness/power e.g. mastery 3 20% ammo restore, 4=40%, 5=60, 6=80%, 7=100%

4. You can only carry 1 of each type (health, ammo, shield) and ammo is omni.

5. You refill them by picking up excess ammo, health or energy (if your full) and they gradually fill. Can only be used when full.

It would make them useful, strategic and linked to ability/cost

Edited by DaveC

Yes It sucks right now, Im glad to have more than 300 ammo boxes, Add a special BP to build more of them at once, like normal BP = 500 credits

10X BP= 5,000, 50X BP = 25,000 100X BP = 50,000credits, also same for materials if normal BP = 1k nano spores, 10X BP = 10k nano sprores and so... that will be nice even if the time build gets longer, like 1 item = 1 min, 10X item = 10 mins, 100X BP = 100 mins will be great!!!

1) Market

2) Gear

3) Chose the consumable

4) Click buy

5) Yes (spend credits)

6) Foundry

7) Miscellaneous 

8) Find the item, check the resources and click build (spend credit AGAIN! - why there is a cost here, we already paid for the blueprint, why can't we have a single price for the blueprint and no price for building it?)

9) Wait a minute...

10) Claim the item

11) Open Arsenal

12) Open Arsenal/Gear

13) Equip the item

Sorry, but everything I've bolded also applies to the old gear.

Exaggerations do not make a point stronger. 3 additional "steps" you poor thing.

The issue being waiting a minute for each and every box you wish to purchase. That's the main issue. Cutting out the singular items and giving you a pack of boxes for a longer craft time would be less hassle for the player, much less clicking and a lot more streamlined.

Then again, I also suspect this is mechanical punishment for using gear. DE doesn't want people to use gear.

The issue being waiting a minute for each and every box you wish to purchase. That's the main issue. Cutting out the singular items and giving you a pack of boxes for a longer craft time would be less hassle for the player, much less clicking and a lot more streamlined.

Then again, I also suspect this is mechanical punishment for using gear. DE doesn't want people to use gear.

I think the 10 another points listed in opening post, which are unnecessary and only hinder us from using consumables are also kind of a problem, if we compare it with the old, perfectly working system.

If we could estimate what DE don't want us to do by the user-friendliness of the UI, I would say DE don't want us to play the game at all :D

Based on their current game philosophy, I do not agree.

Sorry, but everything I've bolded also applies to the old gear.

Exaggerations do not make a point stronger. 3 additional "steps" you poor thing.

Ehm, we were able to buy consumables directly from GEAR screen as stated in opening post (the same way we can still buy Starburst and Grand Finale).

Check your facts before posting, thank you.

Remember this?

1000px-2013-07-26_00014.jpg

Edited by zelgaris

I don't have a problem with crafting gear.  I'm all about crafting, provided that it's reasonable & the effort to make something is offset by the value of the end product.  The problem here has been the imbalance in effort vs reward.

Now the prices for these items were just slashed in the foundry....so that should help considerably.

No accurate numbers in description

Former Large health restore description was "Restores 100 health". Current Medium Team Energy Restore says "Restores ENERGY to all team members in greater quantities"...

You recently added ingame stats to make the damage and other stats transparent, clear and visible to players and then in next hotfix you add new consumables with vague descriptions like "greater quantities".

I start to believe there is big "F*** CONSISTENCY" banner somewhere in DE office or complete chaos in the design team or somewhere...

At least you english-based players have have descriptions. Spanish descriptions say "Restores health to all team members" in ALL new consumables.

A different matter, where is the "making stats transparent" setting?

At least you english-based players have have descriptions. Spanish descriptions say "Restores health to all team members" in ALL new consumables.

A different matter, where is the "making stats transparent" setting?

Lol, you saying Ammo box shows "restores health"? That's awesome :D

By making weapon/warframe stats transparent I meant having stats in arsenal screen and these stats change according to mods... well they should change, but it doesn't work in some cases... https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/105803-arsenal-stat-bugs/

Take these healing magical bullets! :D

But anyway I agree with OP. Consumable should not be this annoying or cost this much to get. Specially the part about crafting them. Why did I buy one when I need to craft one?

If they want you to craft one make it so that you can buy a blueprint for 10, 20, 30, 40 or 50 at once. Or just give them right away and stop wasting people time.

How about making the blue prints 1 time buy and then usable for an infinite amount of time. So unlike the current blueprints you wouldn't lose this one after using it in the Foundry. Of course the credit cost in the foundry would have to go up to compensate for that.

This way you won't have to buy the blueprint more than once.

then add the ability to produce more than 1 of the item at a time, for example add an option in the Foundry, maybe only useable with blueprints that aren't consumed upon use, which allows you to produce batches of 10 at a time instead of just 1 (or go even further and allow the player to enter a number themselves).

By combining these two things it would make it so much more convenient to get these things. Better yet would be to skip the blueprint step altogether and allow people to buy them directly, but I assume the goal here is to use up not just credits but also mats, so such a change is probably not happening.

The process and waiting time for just one box is very annoying. If I use any gear during a mission and then need to restock before my teammates move on to the next, I now have to tell everyone to wait while I waste 5 minutes building five more ammo boxes (which now only restore a pathetic amount of ammo unless you want to waste even more credits on the medium versions).

I am now very careful about using ammo restores in battle, since it's such a pain to restock. I don't know if that is what DE intended, but it is annoying that they took something that was so convenient that I didn't really give it a second thought, and made it unnecessarily complicated.

If they intend to keep this system then they should either allow each blueprint to produce 4 - 5 boxes, or make individual ammo boxes for each ammo type and lower the cost and build time. Right now, 1,100 credits for a box that only restores a small amount of ammo and takes resources and time to build just doesn't seem worth it.

I really can't complain too much about the other restores, but then, I don't really use those that often.

By making weapon/warframe stats transparent I meant having stats in arsenal screen and these stats change according to mods... well they should change, but it doesn't work in some cases... https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/105803-arsenal-stat-bugs/

Yes, ALL BP's (healt, ammo, shields...) are marked "Plano de curacion de equipo", which translates as "Team healing BP", with the description "Restaura 100 de salud a todos los miembros del equipo", which translates "Restores 100 health to each team member". Absurd :)

About the stats... I thought you meant that finally we can get rid ingame of damage numbers if don't want to see them...

Edited by Kachocalvo

this guy, he knows what we need for consumable stack buying.

and you know.....BUILDING MORE THAN ONE OF THE SAME ITEM AT ONCE.  I'm looking at who ever at DE likes the idea you can't build two twin vipers at once.  but that's another effect it has on something else.  but perhaps the stack made would work even better.

• 4 weeks later...