Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sonicor is underwhelming

I feel like the sonicor needs a rework since it's item description is VERY misleading, here's it's item description: Blasts targets with a massive wave of sonic energy. Results reported to be: 'Very Satisfying'.

Here is my description of it: Sends out a small ball of impact damage with VERY LIMITED RANGE that ricochet of walls, cielings and floors, and deals next to no damage, and is generally useless.

So please if anyone sees this from DE please make a rework, by for an example making it *do* what it says in it's *description*

• Like 1

idunno, that does describe the effect of the Projectile? can be reflected off of surfaces for convenient use in just about any Terrain, and Targets get Ragdolled around. plus its high Status Chance making it do well at applying Elemental Status to large numbers of Enemies.

Sonicor is also Silent, sort of.
the point of it is a Support Weapon - it doesn't do a whole lot of Damage on purpose. it's one of like, less than 10 Guns in the entire game(maybe less than 5) that can Ragdoll Enemies.

(even though, because of how dumb our Mods are, Sonicor can still deal decent Damage)

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Personally I don't get the point of that weapon or why people reccomend it.... its awful....

Now thats a weapon !!! 

Before Zakti; Sonicor served a very similar purpose. It even produce melee stealth multipliers on enemies but instead of execute finishers it allowed quicker ground finishers than a slam + finisher would. It still does cause stealth damage at times but that's been mostly fixed. Used to be you could get stealth damage until the enemy stood up fully long as they were not facing you. Similar to Banshee's Silence.

I still find it to be the #1 Mobile Defense weapon though.

Mine's not even halfway upgraded yet and I find it a very useful secondary, even for missions on Jupiter, in the Void etc.

Any weapon can be "underwhelming". It all depends on what your expectations are.

If you expect weapons to be "god-like" you're gonna be disappointed more often than not.

OP sounds like one of these players that complains frames are trash if they can't be used in 2-hour endless missions.

• Like 1

That description came from what the Sonicor used to be... It didn't do any more damage than it does now but when it hit a Target it used to cause extreme ragdoll effects throwing enemies everywhere.  It was the entire selling point of the weapon, they even put it into their own description and then they killed it for some reason.

Since they got rid of the massive ragdoll effect it would stand to reason something else got upgraded like maybe crit or some more damage

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Before Zakti; Sonicor served a very similar purpose. It even produce melee stealth multipliers on enemies but instead of execute finishers it allowed quicker ground finishers than a slam + finisher would. It still does cause stealth damage at times but that's been mostly fixed. Used to be you could get stealth damage until the enemy stood up fully long as they were not facing you. Similar to Banshee's Silence.

I still find it to be the #1 Mobile Defense weapon though.

I can Ragdoll Enemies using Spoiler Mode pretty easily....may aswel save that 2ndary Weapon space for something useful. Like The Zakti 😄

Love the Sonicor.  Only thing I feel it needs is an alt fire or charge function--probably for larger aoe--to give it more depth.

Even without that, a Wraith...er, Vandal/Prisma version would make me silly happy.

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 1

The Sonicor is very useful when you know what you can do with it. The possibility of seeing alot of enemy being thrown away from a point then pushing them, kinda, is very fun.

Combined with a very good primary and melee, it can help you clear lots of enemy and while they are thrown away they don't shoot so that give you time to kill them.

now that i have seen what most people think of it, allow me to explain why i thought it was underwhelming.

i was expecting an awesome conic release of sonic energy (kinda like when you fire an ignis but on semi-automatic fire, and well... more sonic... i guess) that would send enemies flying, and stagger bosses, possibly even annihilate entire squads of bombards in a single shot, when modded correctly.

3 hours ago, nicolajtheking2 said:

now that i have seen what most people think of it, allow me to explain why i thought it was underwhelming.

i was expecting an awesome conic release of sonic energy (kinda like when you fire an ignis but on semi-automatic fire, and well... more sonic... i guess) that would send enemies flying, and stagger bosses, possibly even annihilate entire squads of bombards in a single shot, when modded correctly.

It's called a catchmoon.  Other than the fire like ignis thing.