Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5p33dy_01

Grakata and Twin Grakatas

Recommended Posts

i just came across this and is there a reasonable answer as to why 2 primary weapons turn into secondary weapon?

someone forgot the category to put it in or something, and couldn't be bothered to rectify it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So that you can run 3 Grakatas at the same time. If both were primaries, you would only be able to run 2 at the same time with the Twin Grakatas. You can never have too many Grakata.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's more that dual pistols is a secondary thing and grakata it tagged as a rifle. Basically Twin Grakatas turns you into rambo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looks like i got 2 people that cant read... but like to talk for the sake of talking... i guess you prefer to grind the forums instead of in-game... (get those post numbers up, there's huge rewards when you reach a world record)

33 minutes ago, 5p33dy_01 said:

i just came across this and is there a reasonable answer as to why 2 primary weapons turn into secondary weapon?

someone forgot the category to put it in or something, and couldn't be bothered to rectify it?

=================

25 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

I think it's more that dual pistols is a secondary thing and grakata it tagged as a rifle. Basically Twin Grakatas turns you into rambo.

thank you for stating the obvious.

how does 2 RIFLES turn into PISTOLS?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 5p33dy_01 said:

how does 2 RIFLES turn into PISTOLS?.

Since you want to be dense about this lets look at another thing in the game.

What is the difference between Tatsu and Nikana? One is a two hander and the other is a one hander. Why should something the same size be allowed to have two different grips. Because it is relative. Why should they have to code a whole new primary when something that can be dual handed can be. That's why I made the joke about being Rambo. He is using to machine guns that normally need two hands to use like a rifle.

To boil it down even further for you. They have a system that uses dual guns it happens to be in secondary not primary. Deal with it.

Do you have a stick so far up your butt that you have to resort to degrading people? Personally you sound toxic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

Since you want to be dense about this lets look at another thing in the game.

What is the difference between Tatsu and Nikana? One is a two hander and the other is a one hander. Why should something the same size be allowed to have two different grips. Because it is relative. Why should they have to code a whole new primary when something that can be dual handed can be. That's why I made the joke about being Rambo. He is using to machine guns that normally need two hands to use like a rifle.

To boil it down even further for you. They have a system that uses dual guns it happens to be in secondary not primary. Deal with it.

Do you have a stick so far up your butt that you have to resort to degrading people? Personally you sound toxic.

im not being dense.

i asked for a reasonable answer and you give jokes.

if you dont know, then you dont know... which means you dont need to feel obligated to post anything.
there is no reason to start joking around when someone specifically requested a reasonable answer.

how something fits together is a little different to what category something goes in.

if someone appears toxic based on your illogical response, is that their fault?
maybe try take something seriously, when someone specifically requests that. then they might not seem to be so toxic.

its all my fault, im sorry for making a topic that made you feel obligated to say something unnecessary.
next time, feel free to just say "i dont know", that will also get your post count up, maybe not the rewarding likes though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rather feeding what is starting to feel like a troll, got a simple idea thats plausible. Framework issues. There is no dual weild framework/animation set tied to the primary slot, but we do have dual weild setup for the secondary slot. Not a programing expert nor do I have any idea what warframe looks like under the hood, given that Zaws(and likely kitguns) cant use Skins due to their stats being tied to the model, wouldn't be surprised if it was a simular case for the Twins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's really no need for anybody to start being toxic in here.

Yeah, it's a little odd, but that's how it's been for a long time now. It'd be neat if we had 'dual' primaries too, but whether D.E. does or doesn't want to try that out remains to be seen. So far, they haven't. Naturally, if they ever do try it, one would expect them to change "Twin Grakatas" to be a primary as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh for the love of all things holy.  OP has a point...that none of you seem to get.

full sized Grakata = primary weapon

2 full sized grakatas = secondary weapon

It is, and has always been a little weird.  

And for some reason the twins have a skewed Crit and dmg numbers from the Primary version.

To the OP...I don't think anyone will have an answer.  If there is one you'll need a to find a no lifer that knows the dev stream histories (as opposed to a no lifer like me that doesn't watch the dev streams).  Like Xzorn or Talliat or someone with like 5k posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weird yes, but it’s just one of those things which is most likely dictated by animation and coding sets which prevents the dualisation in primary so results in them hitting the secondary.

 

End of the day does it matter, it’s more dakadaka....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody missed the point, we just don't have an answer other than "because it's cool to run with three grakatas"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the real answer is coding - all dual guns are secondaries.

However, my headcanon is that it's you getting better with the weapons. At MR5 you can wield a single grakata, by MR9 you're more badass and can hold one in each hand. And part of that is a weak primary becoming half of a strong secondary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It may be a bit weird but it’s the way they are designed. Just think of Grakata as first a pistol type rifle that is placed in the primary category, and a pair of them are in the secondary category, just like many dual-pistols. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was made that way so you could carry both at the same time under your trenchcoat to finally punish these pesky forum chads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because they're not pistols... they're uzi type guns. I honestly see nothing wrong with their crafting requirements. This seems like something that was just blown waaaay out of proportion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why no primary twin Grakatas?

Why no heavy Grakata?

Why no Grakata wraith, Grakata vandal and vaykor Grakata?

Why no Grakata Prime? (because only Corpus is allowed to have lore-breaking Primes probably)

Why no unique Grakata augment mod? (because I was too late to Nightwave and it was literally impossbve to catch up)

Why no archwing Grakata?

Why no modular Grakatas?

Why no Grakata melee?

Why no Grakata amp or at least just using regular Grakata as operator?

Why no sentinel Grakata?

Why no Grakata decorations like the fishing trophies?

Why I can get a signed poster of John Prodman, but not Clem?

Why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

how does 2 RIFLES turn into PISTOLS?.

They don’t though. 

But they use pistol ammo!”

The Grakata is a Grineer SMG. You’ve never heard of an SMG chambered for pistol caliber rounds?

But they’re in the secondary slot!

There’s a reason the “secondary” section isn’t called the “pistol” section. Secondaries are just as the name implies, a backup/alternative to the primary weapon of your arsenal. Just because a weapon is in that section doesn’t automatically make it a pistol. 

If I had to guess the reason why Twin Grakatas aren’t in the primary section, it’s probably because the code/animations for dual-wielding guns is linked to secondaries somehow. Spaghetti code happens, and putting Twin Grakatas in the secondary section was probably preferable to accidentally breaking something with primaries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-06-09 at 12:30 AM, Kefirno said:

Why no primary twin Grakatas?

Why no heavy Grakata?

Why no Grakata wraith, Grakata vandal and vaykor Grakata?

Why no Grakata Prime? (because only Corpus is allowed to have lore-breaking Primes probably)

Why no unique Grakata augment mod? (because I was too late to Nightwave and it was literally impossbve to catch up)

Why no archwing Grakata?

Why no modular Grakatas?

Why no Grakata melee?

Why no Grakata amp or at least just using regular Grakata as operator?

Why no sentinel Grakata?

Why no Grakata decorations like the fishing trophies?

Why I can get a signed poster of John Prodman, but not Clem?

Why?

These are the real questions one should ask.
May I also add why we can't make a Prisma Twin Grakata out of 2 Prisma Grakatas? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need a chain weapon that is three Grakatas tied together to complete the set

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally think that the Twin Grakatas should be the primary and regular Grakatas be the secondary, or the Twin Grakatas should be smaller. But having two rifles masquerading as dual pistols seems funny to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-06-11 at 7:40 AM, AzureTerra said:

We need a chain weapon that is three Grakatas tied together to complete the set

PLEASE APPLY A RESÚME TO DIGITAL EXTREMES. THIS IDEA IS GOLD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-06-12 at 10:35 PM, (PS4)i7081277 said:

grakata glaive

No. Grakata Katana. Grakatana.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...