Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Jovian Concord: Hotfix 25.0.7

[DE]Megan

7 minutes ago, Voltage said:

If you got to wave 41 and the enemy hp overflowed to 10 hp from negative integers, would you abort the mission? Because as soon as you extract you are now "cheating" by your standards. I can understand rivens, Loki was a stretch, but past wave 41 was unavoidable unless you task manager and forced the game closed.

3 minutes ago, TheGreenFellow said:

Knowing it was a competitive event? Yes, I'd screenshot the evidence, bug report it, and exit, because that's the responsible thing to do (and also because I have no patience for broken stuff). I'd advise D.E. to do an event do-over as a result, but I would NOT continue to pursue in said event knowing that there is such a problem, both because of aforementioned lack of patience for broken things, and because it's obviously not fair.

That's the value of having integrity, you won't get caught out for doing things you shouldn't be.

I kinda agree with GreenFellow tbh. Once you get to that point and realize the game just bugged out, it makes me wonder how many ppl actually reported the bug to DE and how many others just kept quiet hoping no one would notice. Ofc I'll never know for sure. 

Although tbh I wouldn't mind if the event was extended like you asked for because this is a bug people just ran into, they didn't actively seek it out. I think it'd be a fair compromise to give it another week or two (I just don't want nightwave to get delayed because of this). 

Just now, --Q--Krakov said:

I'd say it's more a question of you not having been in the situation and taking a fake moral high ground to feel better about your mediocrity, but that's just my view of the whole shebang

I know that wasn't directed at me, but I'll reply anyway: It may be surprising to you, but some people do have morals and avoid exploiting in games. Even when they have the means to. 

I've had more fun with this event than playing warframe for the past 2 years.
I'm also probably the most upset I've been with playing warframe for a while with all this stuff going on.
DE I hope you take the opinions of the competitive players seriously, they just wanna play to the absolute best warframe can handle without being held down everytime they push themselves.
Depending on how this all falls I might go play minecraft 🙂

3 minutes ago, Pandigueiro said:

Tell me those "valuable morals" then. Pushing yourself for the good of your clanmates, friends, having fun with them as you do a long run, but then you are blamed of cheating because number values are limited by 32 bits, even when you did not cheat. Apparently now pushing yourself to become the best is questionable in terms of moral? But what can I say, you could never relate considering you've barely tried for the weapons.

I said it before and I'll say it again, don't try to pull your morals on others.

And just pointing out, the magnetic ball example you've just given makes no sense for such a context, considering that AS I SAID, ANYONE could reach that point if they tried.

I've already explained it. "Team spirit" is not justification for choosing to take advantage of an obvious exploit. Competitiveness includes consideration for your competitors and onlookers as well.

I'll "pull my morals" as much as I please, if you lot had lived by any in this situation you would have saved yourself a whole lot of grief.

Anybody can figure out how to kick a ball on a soccer field, too, so what exactly doesn't make sense? Your reasoning is a mystery.

1 minute ago, TheGreenFellow said:

Anybody can figure out how to kick a ball on a soccer field, too, so what exactly doesn't make sense? Your reasoning is a mystery.

Yours is. The magnetic ball example you used is basically exclusive, you implied that it was not available for everyone. What I said and I keep repeating, was inclusive, since anyone could do it as long as they tried.

Either way there's no point in keeping this going, it's like arguing with a brickwall, different morals will never understand each other.

Also, nice generalizing you got there, it's easy to put people in the same basket, isn't it?

il y a 3 minutes, TheGreenFellow a dit :

I've already explained it. "Team spirit" is not justification for choosing to take advantage of an obvious exploit. Competitiveness includes consideration for your competitors and onlookers as well.

consideration of our competitor ? first you're definitively not a conpetitor... 

2nd i mean mobs where at 10hp for every one not only for us... (did it ?)
isn't that consideration for our competitor? i mean mobs stats are equal for every one... 

1 minute ago, TheGreenFellow said:

I find it amusing that you're insulted by being rounded up with Quasars - rather reinforcing my view on them. Anyhow.

So this wipe isn't directly affecting you, but you're still concerned for people being disappointed. Fine. But what sign is there that D.E. has actually wasted the time of anybody that did not deserve it?

Sure, there's reason to be cautious, and if it turns out people that noticed the bug and dealt with it properly still got punished, we can sympathize with those people. Either way, we should all be calling for an event leaderboard extension. But this nonsense evolving here in this thread is not kosher.

They wasted their time by wiping their score and giving them reasons to dislike the game or the operation. The big thing we're all talking about. And I'm bothered that you choose to immediately generalise me with a group period, not specifically because of who you generalised me to.

The operation should either be extended or DE can adjust the scores to better represent that Wave 41 mark, rather than wipe the scores entirely. Up until that point there was no foul play even if entirely by accident.

2 hours ago, Sniga said:

Thanks for keeping it fair!

Now some of the clans who encouraged keeping it fair and not running with exploits can feel rewarded.

20YITPB.png

Hv0gCyb.png

On another note, do take a look at the UI. A lot of the changes are unpractical and make the game even more confusing.
The relic refining in missions is essentially useless, as you can only use traces you already own, not the ones you earn during the run.
Also, please add the names of who opened what in the relic reward menu, so I can give traces to my good friend and mock the other one for his bad drop.

I dont think its useless
I hold 1400 traces and would like to use the other 1300 without constantly leaving endless missions

49 minutes ago, [DE]Bear said:

I should note, I would strongly suggest you report any known exploits you are aware of. Feel free to PM me with the exploit in detail and we can address it.

They're trolling because they believe using Loki's switch teleport, as they believe it is intended or should be used, is somehow comparable to using Inaros' survivability.

il y a 9 minutes, TheGreenFellow a dit :

"the time of anybody that did not deserve it?"

Just like i said previously... 
I wasn't * aware people used glich on my run ! but I got my score wipped and froze I don't blame them really ! . Did i deserve it ? no i don't think score reset why not but score froze definivley not 

9 minutes ago, tear said:

Just like i said previously... 
I wasn't * aware people used glich on my run ! but I got my score wipped and froze I don't blame them really ! . Did i deserve it ? no i don't think score reset why not but score froze definivley not 

I'm skeptic that you failed to notice 10 hit point enemies suddenly appearing so deep into an endurance run like that.

But, if that is in fact the case, you can contact support here https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us and ask them politely about what can be done restoring your individual leaderboard score - though, because score is shared, that means because of what those other players did, it will very likely mean your score will therefore still be invalid, and you must make a new attempt with players you know and trust not to cheat.

edit: If that is all the case, at least now you know this time around what to do if enemies suddenly become pushovers so late into a run.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed the Ballistica (Prime/Rakta), Cernos (Prime), Daikyu, Dread, and Paris Prime Energy color persisting as default on the strings.

I think zephyr graxx helmet energy color also persisting as default on the back of the head part, its always orange.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Eximus enemies are now capped at Level 9999 like regular enemies.

I think we should has better level cap for enemies in general because its either tickle tickle or boom instakill in terms of their hp and damage output

Something about the game lightning also seem broken since first jovian update, the screen seem to dim too dark when glaxion vandal or other stuff that has bright and light energy exploding near you. Hope it get sorted soon.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Sniga:

Thanks for keeping it fair!

Now some of the clans who encouraged keeping it fair and not running with exploits can feel rewarded.

20YITPB.png

Hv0gCyb.png

Thank you for that Sniga! We congratualte you for your honesty as well.

27 minutes ago, Nyrakav said:

Still no fix for Nezha's melee combos. I'm a Nezha main and it feels like hot garbage.

But...melee combos shouldn't have anything to do with specific Warframes. You probably need to find a way to record a video of what's occuring, or at least provide more detail.

Cleaned up some posts.

Debate and discussion is all well and fine, but when it turns into naming and/or shaming other users or groups of users, that's not okay.

Yes, some folks' scores got wiped because DE's investigation into the matter revealed that there were users using an exploit (read: using an unintended function or feature in order to gain an advantage over users who only use intended functionalities or features in the game). And, as always:

• If you feel as though your score was wrongly wiped, you can contact Digital Extremes with a support ticket to inquire about it.
  • If you believe there are users who are using an exploit, or that you know of an exploitable unintended feature, you should contact Digital Extremes about it.
  • If you have a complaint with how another user (or group of users) is conducting themselves and believe they are violating the rules, you should report it (to DE if it's in-game, or to a forum moderator if it's here on the forums). If they aren't violating the rules, you have the option of adding them to your ignore list.

2 hours ago, XacKflash said:

Thank You for the Fixes 💗

I just added a Bug to the Bug Megathread Yesterday and a Comment on IO before, Dunno if they were visible so am gonna do a quick recap

1-Jupiter IO Tileset : Is Very Large for the Defense mission with all the up and Down layers, had  a bug before that required us to kill enemies at secret area, But I think that got patched

2-BUG: Vauban [Perpetual Vortex] Augment, does not stack the timer but stacks ingame, so u have a functional vortex with no timer 

Thank You

You are correct, Issues with defense enemies spawning in secret areas should be fixed for public at this time, if not please pm me details!

Thankyou for your patience and taking the time to give a heads up 🙂

1 hour ago, TheGreenFellow said:

But what sign is there that D.E. has actually wasted the time of anybody that did not deserve it?

In this instance, arguably the only people negatively affected would be those that either WILLINGLY exploited issues and bugs for their benefit (who frankly deserve it) or those who unwittingly benefited from said issues and were unfortunately punished for it. If DE decided (or even decides) to reset all scores and re-run the event, then you could correctly argue that everyone's time was wasted...in the interests of fairness, maybe they should reset all the scores and re-run the event *shrugs*.

With that all said, none of this bickering, posturing, and finger-pointing would be happening if the event had seen some more careful testing / polish before unleashing it on the masses. I hate to say this, but given DE's track record, I had a feeling that something bad would happen with this event and I'm glad I stayed out of it.

Seriously DE? You really need to test your content better before hosting a major event that involves leaderboards. Because there WILL be controversy if you're not careful enough and it WILL reflect badly on you.

Archived