Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave and Nitain

Vit0Corleone

Now, that I got your attention.. can we please have some Nitain, DE? Pretty please?

There is no viable way to get it in game anymore. Can't even buy with plat, nor trade for.

This has been like this since Nightwave ended.

Come on DE. Love you all, but this is a huge oversight and so easily fixed with an alert or something ..

Oh, and thank you for the upcoming Hildrin cosmetic. Was just about to start building her, but guess what, SHE NEEDS NITAIN! Guess I'll add that to the pile of things I can't really build.

Have a great weekend!

• Like 2

They should just suspend all Nitain crafting costs until they get this straightened out. It's only right.

I have like 350 and didn't feel bad for players complaining when Alerts were giving them but it's not fair at all right now.

It can be acquired via other means even without alerts... The catch is that those means are unreliable to be very generous about it. 2% tops from 3 caches (abysmal) + ghoul bounties that are pretty often (not right now though).

So technically you can get it. Realistically we all were getting it via old alerts all the time. And with those "technically" chances it's pretty much forbids anyone without a stockpile from the old days to build practically anything, cause new toys tend to require it. Put them as invasions rewards or something at the very least.

33 minutes ago, Darth_Predator said:

It can be acquired via other means even without alerts..

It's easier to get the rare Ephemeras from drops than to get one single Nitain. In what world that makes any sense, is what I would like to know.

Nitain, that we need tons of, whereas Ephermeras you get it once and you're done. Not to mention that it will be usually new players that need Nitain, since experienced players likely have tons stored. So, no, realistically, chasing caches is not a viable option.

P.S. Thanks everyone who has commented/voted. I know the chances are slim to none, but raising visibility over this issue is important to bring DE's attention to it .. 

Just a friendly reminder that we still do not have Nitain available on any reasonable way.

A resource that we need dozens of, should not be locked behind such a massive grind on long missions with ridiculous drop rates.

Thank you and have a great week!

I believe they know that, and are doing their best to bring Season 2 as soon as possible.

The things is their "best" is really bad this time and NW should be a priority over many things since it's the replacement system to alerts. It must be constant and not subject to other projects DE may be working on, so all in all while I understand I'm still disappointed.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

8 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Just a friendly reminder that we still do not have Nitain available on any reasonable way.

I would say that a 5% drop chance is reasonable enough. Ghouls are currently active.

• The people that actually want Nitains will farm Ghoul Bounties for what they want.
  • The people that only want to complain will do so anyway. Their opinion should be ignored. 

The current operation is almost finished. I am expecting the new Nightwave season to start soon - maybe a week or two. This is based on nothing DE has said.

5 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I would say that a 5% drop chance is reasonable enough. Ghouls are currently active.

You're just talking with your stomach full of Nitain.

Go try it for yourself and see how it goes, I'd love to see that. Because I've been running Ghoul bounties all weekend, and caches before that, and I have zero Nitain to show for.

It would be reasonable for something you need only once. Like say, Augur Secrets which has the same drop rate and takes about the same time to farm for a dice roll.

A rare weapon, a blueprint. Sure. That makes sense. I'd call it reasonable.

Something you need *dozens* of is NOT reasonable.

2 hours ago, krc473 said:

• The people that actually want Nitains will farm Ghoul Bounties for what they want.
  • The people that only want to complain will do so anyway. Their opinion should be ignored. 

The current operation is almost finished. I am expecting the new Nightwave season to start soon - maybe a week or two. This is based on nothing DE has said.

I suppose DE never designed nitain as farmable resource, those nitains from ghoul are something nice to get, but not "reasonable" enough.

• Like 1

As I said elsewhere: Remove Nitain from Nightwave altogether. Reward it for Rotation C of Resource Caches at 100%. Or, if need be, reward it at 50% for "Easy" Resource Cache missions, 75% for "Medium" and 100% for "Hard." Let people earn Nitain like we can Cryotic, then leave it at that. There's plenty of other stuff in Nightwave that's worth pursuing.

12 hours ago, krc473 said:

I would say that a 5% drop chance is reasonable enough

I'd say it isn't. Other players would and do agree with me on that.

11 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

You're just talking with your stomach full of Nitain.

Go try it for yourself and see how it goes, I'd love to see that. Because I've been running Ghoul bounties all weekend, and caches before that, and I have zero Nitain to show for.

This.

We used to have 1 reliable way of acquiring Nitain: Alerts. Out of all the Alerts that popped up every day, 4 were guaranteed to offer Nitain. You could get at least one per day by running a single mission. Even with a busy schedule that permitted running only 1 Nitain Alert a day, that's 7 Nitain a week. If you ask me, that was fairly reasonable as most recipes didn't call for that much Nitain anyway (Excluding Vauban Prime).

But some vets just had to go and whine about Alerts being bad / not good enough to satisfy their entitled butts and complained at length to DE about it. So DE listened to them and no one else, yanked regular Alerts in a really ham-fisted move, and saddled us with Nightwave.

They only thing that's useful about Nightwave is being able to buy potatoes and some of the rewards offered. Yes alt helms and Vauban are things you can get in Nightwave, but a bit pointless if you already have those. Also, Vauban needs to be in the Tenno Labs but that's another topic altogether.

No, having Nitain as a buyable item in the Nightwave "store" wasn't all that reliable, especially when Wolf creds were only available as rewards for meeting certain milestones that were spread out through the event.

Edited by MirageKnight
  • Like 2

I have well over a hundred nitain in stock so this problem doesn't really concern me.

However, I wholeheartedly sympathise with players who do still need it (ie, most the playerbase).   It's been a couple of weeks since nw1 finished, may be another couple until nw2 starts.  And then it might be another couple of weeks until you have enough credits to buy any from the store.   This is quite obviously a ridiculous state of affairs.  As usual de have implimented a system with barely anyforethought and we're back to Soon (tm).

There should be 4 nitain alerts per day like there used to be.  This is an obvious and simple solution that we really shouldn't have to be pointing out to de.  

I feel that the nightwave wasnt really something to make wolf creds purchase main items in crafting and upgrading the expense of orokin reactors and catalysts were fairly high and if you finished to the last reward tier you were only about to buy around 3 orokin items, 15 wolf creds was great for the amount of nitain though, but with the long month wait for something to work for it seems like removing alerts wasnt well thought out in the end. No story to continue with nora and the gang until who knows when, and the other ways to get said items are special alerts or sorties (excluding nitain; and usually low drop rates for sorties). As said by others extract is a crafting component much like orokin cells where you need a good amount for blueprints and researches. Keep up the good work tho DE and the warframe community this game is still going on strong and I love it.

15 hours ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

have well over a hundred nitain in stock so this problem doesn't really concern me.

However, I wholeheartedly sympathise with players who do still need it

Agreed.

Bump +1 OP. 

17 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

As I said elsewhere: Remove Nitain from Nightwave altogether. Reward it for Rotation C of Resource Caches at 100%. Or, if need be, reward it at 50% for "Easy" Resource Cache missions, 75% for "Medium" and 100% for "Hard." Let people earn Nitain like we can Cryotic, then leave it at that. There's plenty of other stuff in Nightwave that's worth pursuing.

This^ 

Or bring back alerts reworked to work along side the NW series.

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

Hi DE, it's me again. Just a quick reminder that we still don't have Nitain available.

I just finished the Sands of Inaros quest. It was awesome, thank you for the amazing work on that quest.

But of course, Inaros requires Nitain to build. What a surprise. Yet more stuff to add to the pile of things I can't build.

Have a great week.

Le 02/06/2019 à 19:04, MirageKnight a dit :

But some vets just had to go and whine about Alerts being bad / not good enough to satisfy their entitled butts and complained at length to DE about it. So DE listened to them and no one else, yanked regular Alerts in a really ham-fisted move, and saddled us with Nightwave.

While I agree with the Nitain part, why the F do you blame vets for this? Vets never asked for Nitain to become a dumb grindfest. You're having the same behavior as Kid A who got angry at Kid B because the Teacher punished Kid A because of something Kid B did and that Kid A had nothing to do with.

Warframe is turning into a massive pile of grind, you have only DE to blame for that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ultimatesoup said:

Vets never asked for Nitain to become a dumb grindfest.

No they didn't and I never said that either. But vets DID complain about alerts not being rewarding enough for them - and I did say that.

DE is very much responsible for taking the hamfisted / dramatic approach to tweaking / changing things.

12 hours ago, Ultimatesoup said:

Warframe is turning into a massive pile of grind, you have only DE to blame for that.

DE is at least mostly to blame for the increase in grind. I'd argue that people hoarding resources didn't exactly help though, as that had a very big effect on what DE did next. Although putting out several resource sinks and increasing grind that also served to punish more casual players was arguably the WRONG response to the situation.

There are other ways to get Nitain, just not any good ones. Once again, I have to ask - why is Nitain in Nightwave in the first place. It was created to push traffic through the Alerts system which no longer exists, and Nightwave has plenty of other stuff that players will play it form. Just bite the bullet and make Nitain a regular rare resource. Have it drop from Rotation C of Resource Cache missions at 50% for 1 on Normal, 75% on Medium and 100% on Hard. Then leave it at that.

• Like 3

I didn’t really enjoy finishing Nightwave and feeling pressure to spend 195 wolf creds on Nitain, not knowing how much I would need or when I’d be able to get it again.  There were other offerings I wanted more and didn’t get because of this fear and so made a small stockpile of it.  No one forced me to buy it, but it only made sense to blow the remaining wad on it.  Kinda left me feeling flat at the end of the series.