Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Undocumented? Indoor Index map change

Dark_Lugia

I would like to request to change the new indoor Index map back to the old indoor Index map.

I don´t know when it got changed (and it seems i´m not the only one), but since a few patches the old indoor Index map got changed from this:

Spoiler

Warframe1137.jpg

to this one:

Spoiler

unknown.png

Can we please have the old one back?

As much as i like the visual overhaul, I dislike the map layout and dark areas.
It has way to much corners and rooms for a good fight, I´m 90% of my time running around looking for an enemy.
And for an 1hour Index run this map is just the worst map ever, since you often don´t see the enemy in the dark or in a corner and you get 1 shot without a clue or hint that there´s someone...

Maybe rework the old one visually (watch out for to dark corners), but don´t change its layout.
I love the old design, you don´t have to search most of the time, you always knew in which areas enemies could be since it is smaller and clearer.

Or give us an option to chose the map. And why isn´t there a note that it got changed?

So: please give us back the old map ❤️

• Like 4

I'll agree with many of these complaints, and second an overhaul of the new indoor index map. My main issues are that it's gone from too much line of sight to not enough, the map is too big for how many players are in a game of Index, and the visibility inside is horrible.

Turn the lights up, shorten the length of the map about 20%, and clean up the center area so there's a bit more LoS between the two halves. And make the side markers (the banners with tenno/corpus) more visible and frequent. I only saw one on each side, and had to hold a point to know which side is which.

• Like 1

On 2019-05-31 at 5:59 PM, Cyberius_001 said:

I'll agree with many of these complaints, and second an overhaul of the new indoor index map. My main issues are that it's gone from too much line of sight to not enough, the map is too big for how many players are in a game of Index, and the visibility inside is horrible.

Turn the lights up, shorten the length of the map about 20%, and clean up the center area so there's a bit more LoS between the two halves. And make the side markers (the banners with tenno/corpus) more visible and frequent. I only saw one on each side, and had to hold a point to know which side is which.

On 2019-05-30 at 10:23 PM, Dark_Lugia said:

I would like to request to change the new indoor Index map back to the old indoor Index map.

I don´t know when it got changed (and it seems i´m not the only one), but since a few patches the old indoor Index map got changed from this:

Reveal hidden contents

Warframe1137.jpg

to this one:

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

Can we please have the old one back?

As much as i like the visual overhaul, I dislike the map layout and dark areas.
It has way to much corners and rooms for a good fight, I´m 90% of my time running around looking for an enemy.
And for an 1hour Index run this map is just the worst map ever, since you often don´t see the enemy in the dark or in a corner and you get 1 shot without a clue or hint that there´s someone...

Maybe rework the old one visually (watch out for to dark corners), but don´t change its layout.
I love the old design, you don´t have to search most of the time, you always knew in which areas enemies could be since it is smaller and clearer.

Or give us an option to chose the map. And why isn´t there a note that it got changed?

So: please give us back the old map ❤️

I agree completely!

• Like 1

this "new" index map is so broken that brokers spawn in the same rooms they don't roam at all and is just a complete waste of time trying to farm more credits than old maps clearly working as intended.

thanks DE.

P.S. you could just scrap the whole index idea and just revamp the Conclave instead of adding the maps of a dead mode.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Not a fan of the new map myself; while it looks good; i don't like it as a index map. too much wasted time running around in circles or sitting around a corner from the same spots where the brokers spawn in, The old map had variety to the spawn locale, a good distance to utilize plenty of warframe abilities, and a intriquite yet unintrusive design to it's layout; plenty of energy spawns and the likes around the map.

+1 for reintroducing the old map back in to the rotation again; nothing to say we cant have 3 different maps after all.. just not a fan of the new map as a "replacement."

On 2019-06-01 at 4:44 AM, Stuby369 said:

The indoor index map is actually a Jupiter conclave map, so it makes sense as to why it was updated. Can agree it is a bit dark though

Yup. In Conclave, the map's called Gas Works... So yeah... not a undocumented rework. While I can agree that it is a tad darker in most corners of the revamped map (useful in camping in PvP), I don't think DE will be reverting it to the old map at all. [DE]Steve did say on a DevStream that Corpus ships will soon(TM) get the same fix as well as the Ice Planet tileset. I mean these are Conclave maps to begin with and the Index (also Rathuum) are the PvE versions of Conclave.

So that other map that's also used in the Index... yeah, that would most likely change as well.

If minmax-ing is the current issue, I suggest doing Hieracon, Pluto. Finish one excavation, and run for the exit. the fastest you could do this is in two minutes for 25k (50k with booster).

Else, we all adapt. I mean, c'mon. Grineer got about two to three different tilesets across the years while Corpus tilesets have been here since Beta (Alpha for some) with a bit of tweaking of the lights. xD

Make Lunaro great again.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2019-05-31 at 7:29 AM, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

I guess this is DE's way of nerfing the old indoor strategy of Mesa on the catwalk clearing the map?

no more lines of sight to... anything...

Sounds like people are upset they have to like... actually do something or play the game. Tough life.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

On this map Mesa is  useless  nope visibility and Nova too

I play  from 2 day on this new map nope  problem but teleport for enemys  is broken 

I see  this map how to start

System is for fast credist :

Revenant on 2 Immortal in 

Solo  1 wave -5-6 min.

2 wave 13-14 min. with very good set tile in room  around bases

Other  White map on me started very rear

When play with other players the gamne is very on this map =more  more time

With this ne map  nope players

• 1 month later...