Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

experiencing an 80-95% debuff when fighting demolysts

Hexx

copy and pasted from my support ticket that..........was completely ignored by DE because they told me to post here instead:

i was really excited for the jovian concord update, i REALLY love the disruption missions. they're engaging, challenging, i was excited to participate in the operation: hostile mergers event, but i seem to be experiencing a problem.

demolysts don't die for me. or, they are exceedingly difficult for me to kill. i am MR22 and not an unseasoned player.

i have tried multiple suggestions from other players, clan members. between all weapons i have tried i am able to kill miscellaneous enemies and amalgams no problem, 1-3 hits. but demolysts just can't be killed. the real nail in the coffin that this is a real issue for me and not something i'm personally doing incorrectly was this youtube video of a player using inaros and a catchmoon with 14k radiation damage and 1.5k impact damage to kill a lvl 53 demolyst machinist in only 4 hits.

https://youtu.be/ytOtTimOCFY?t=100

i used this exact technique/loadout on my own weapons as the one suggested in the video. i emptied my whole clip on my catchmoon then switched to my tigris prime (that has 26k radiation and 2k impact damage) on a lvl 40 demolyst satyr and it could NOT kill it in time, a total 12 hits, and i failed the defense. i included a screenshot below. demolyst machinists in particular are the worst and their health rarely dips below 75%. i have tried different loadouts with different damage types, but all in all i seem to be experiencing an 80-95% damage decrease. rhino's roar ability has a none to minimal effect.

this problem is also present on ganymede, though i can only successfully complete 1 round before demolysts are too "tough." by 3 rounds i have no chance in hell.

i have posted this in the mega-thread and haven't found ANYONE else experiencing this problem and honestly i find this all really distressing and extremely frustrating. i can't solo these missions at all, and to be quite frank, it's really humiliating going into a team and only being good for crowd control. i can't contribute to the defeat of demolysts at all.

the only comparable experience is fighting lvl100 sortie lephantis but at least there i know the damage resistance is intentional, universal for all players, and i don't have to kill it within 30 seconds.

also feel like it's worth mentioning i am going to feel REALLY ridiculous if there is some critical element or mod i'm missing, like a small thing i skipped, but i have done everything i possibly can. SO i hope it's known that i wouldn't be submitting this if i weren't absolutely certain there was an issue out of my control.

tumblr_pscjgtS85x1rhzseio1_1280.png

share your builds please. Also the demos are REALLY tanky, so are you sure there's definitely something going wrong or you just overwhelmed by their tankiness? I could barely kill one at first, but now it's rather easy with my gas catchmoon. I've tried sicarus, tigris, detron, dex furis....nothing helped

no pics of my gram build or catchmoon because in my frustration i decided what they must need is more forma, but my catchmoon build MATCHED the one in the youtube video and i still DRAINED my clip on a lvl 40 satyr while the video downed a machinist in 4 hits.

eidolon weapons also DON'T WORK i have a 3/3/3 i have a 3/2/3, 2/3/2, a freaking 2/1/2, i get them down to MAYBE 50%.

also swap out these builds with a different element. i've tried them all.

tumblr_pscjgtS85x1rhzseio8_r1_1280.png

tumblr_pscjgtS85x1rhzseio9_r1_1280.png

tumblr_pscjgtS85x1rhzseio6_r1_1280.png

prisma twin gremlins ALMOST worked

tumblr_pscjgtS85x1rhzseio7_r1_1280.png

close-ish-ish to what my gram had pre-forma. used bloodrush. it worked once on ganymede.

tumblr_pscjgtS85x1rhzseio3_r1_1280.png

tumblr_pscjgtS85x1rhzseio4_r1_1280.png

just realized i think i'm missing a mod on this one, sometimes when i upgrade mods they get removed from some builds even if they have enough capacity

frame builds:

tumblr_pscjgtS85x1rhzseio2_r1_1280.png

tumblr_pscjgtS85x1rhzseio10_r1_1280.png

i'm not as experienced with oberon, i only started using him more actively recently

tumblr_psdv77zj6a1rhzseio1_1280.png

tumblr_psdv77zj6a1rhzseio2_1280.png

tumblr_psdv77zj6a1rhzseio3_1280.png

i have more but this is already a lot in one post so.

there is no extinguished dragon key.

my rhino's stomp can one-hit clear a map of enemies in an operations-level disruption mission. he's excellent CC. does nothing to demolysts, though.

Edited by Hexx

can't help but feel the lack of responses are telling me there's nothing obviously wrong with my builds? anything maybe i'd gotten to used to having that for some reason just doesn't work, specifically, on demolysts but i am so accustomed to having on my builds i completely disregard it as a possible problem???

support told me to post here for help so, please, i would like some help.

meanwhile looking for a team to carry me to 4k so i don't miss the event from something i clearly can't control

Demolysts are indeed able to take a lot of damage but at only level 40 they shouldn't be that big of an issue. Each of the demolysts have their own resistances and gimmicks. There also could have been an eximus giving them an elemental buff nearby. You could be aiming your shots in such a way that a lot don't hit. Could be some sort of issue with your computer. There's a very small chance you have some kind of localized glitch.There's another factor here coming into play. Without a full video of your run there's no way to say which it is. But honestly there are plenty of pub runs where people go 8 waves doing only 1 or 2 demos at a time and you'll get your 4k. There is nothing wrong with being a support frame if you're having an issue with damage on your run. This is a coop game. Stop beating yourself up over it. 😊

Use Electric + Viral.   

Viral Proc will halve their hp when you remove their shield.     And electric damage is for some of them (satyrs and such have robotics)

I use Viral Buzlok with CD MS riven.  About 10 shots to down one (head marked)

Edited by Kainosh

if any of you bothered actually fully reading my post you'd know i have TRIED. THAT.

literally, my prisma twin gremlins even HAVE A VIRAL CRIT BUILD RIGHT THERE IN THE SCREENSHOT. it gets the closest, lvl 40s get down to a whopping 25% health! and then explode.

@F1ameBlade thank you for the sentiment but unfortunately i really, really, supremely prefer soloing missions towards coop stuff and when i do coop stuff, i prefer being a contributing member of the group and not carried and because of what i am experiencing i can't do either. unfortunately i really don't have the hard drive space to record a full run or i would've also done so. and i am so......so tired i really don't feel like spending hours sifting through my hard drive to delete files to make space for a subpar video that'll just result in people going ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  which i already have enough of

12 hours ago, Hexx said:

if any of you bothered actually fully reading my post you'd know i have TRIED. THAT.

literally, my prisma twin gremlins even HAVE A VIRAL CRIT BUILD RIGHT THERE IN THE SCREENSHOT. it gets the closest, lvl 40s get down to a whopping 25% health! and then explode.

@F1ameBlade thank you for the sentiment but unfortunately i really, really, supremely prefer soloing missions towards coop stuff and when i do coop stuff, i prefer being a contributing member of the group and not carried and because of what i am experiencing i can't do either. unfortunately i really don't have the hard drive space to record a full run or i would've also done so. and i am so......so tired i really don't feel like spending hours sifting through my hard drive to delete files to make space for a subpar video that'll just result in people going ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  which i already have enough of

May be one of those "features" DE adds and all, you would need to record your results next time because as usual the shills will even think it is just you, try going solo for best results, I have not experienced the issue myself but mostly because I have gone in random groups and people always kill faster than I can in most cases, can Demolysts be scanned and used in the simulacrum? that would help.

Edited by VanFanel1980mx

lmao post screencaps of your builds

edit: scrolled down...literally the only pic missing is the one of the actual weapon in question, your rad catchmoon. go level the thing and post it. you cannot expect us to solve your problems if you refuse to show us the build you're concerned is bugged. "looks just like a video i saw, i promise" is unfortunately not enough info.

Edited by sinnae

post the video in question, too. you've honestly given us all the information that we didn't need and none of the the information we do need: your catchmoon build and a link to the video you're comparing yourself to. there may be operator arcanes or self-buffs they're using in this video that you didn't pick up on, like magus lockdown.

Just tested in simulacrum (so not a true test) against a level 50 Demolyst Satyr. Not sure why you are having issues...it dies quick enough.

In actual game play I will usually melee it as it moves toward the conduit and at level 50 it is normally dead before it is even close.

I have found that speed kills...melee speed. My Lesion build has 1.85 before Berserker. I don't even know if Berserker helps that much at 1.85...

Since status effects seem to land on them having Condition Overload and applying status helps kill faster.

For these Demolyst I run Fulmin + Hildryn with almost anything as a secondary since I don't have Catchmoon yet.

Not saying you are not having issues but if you have these weapons (Fulmin and Lesion for sure) maybe try these setups.

Test:

Frame: Hildryn 2 forma (no abilities used for testing)  Arcane Fury/Arcane Barrier

Primary: Zarr 2 forma - kills in 4 shots usually

Serration, Split Chamber (forma'd slot), Hammer Shot Primed Cryo Rounds  (forma'd slot), Malignant Force, Thermite Rounds, Bane of Corpus, Vital Sense

Primary: Fulmin 3 forma - kills in 4 - 6 shots

Serration (forma'd slot), Primed Cryo Round (forma'd slot), Split Chamber (forma'd slot), Stormbringer, Point Strike, Vigilante Armaments, Vital Sense (rank 😎

Secondary: Staticor 2 forma - kills in one magazine usually

Pathogen Rounds, Hornet Strike (forma'd slot), Barrel Diffusion (forma'd slot), Lethal Torrent, Frostbite, Scorch, Pistol Pestilence, Jolt

Melee: Lesion 2 forma  - 12 or so melee hits to kill (without any status effects applied before)

Condition Overload, Primed Pressure Point (forma'd slot), Primed Reach (forma'd slot), Gladiator Vice, Vicious Frost, Virulent Scourge, Primed Fury, Beserker

dear freaking lord okay i have honestly had enough of this. of everyone here maybe TWO of you have actually READ my posts.

@sinnae HOW in the WORLD did you POSSIBLY MISS my build post?? you were just so fired up and ready to spit out your dismissive, bratty, stuck-up passive aggressive "lmao post your builds" you managed to skip a WHOLE 12 photos?? and what's with all that "you have given us no information" bs??? i honestly wouldn't trust your opinion on how to beat vor on mars let alone demoylsts. also what on earth do you think magus lockdown DOES exactly and where in that example video was it activated??????? good god

@GreyDeath789 you literally lost me at "almost any secondary" and you used NO abilities????? my rhino with his roar at 204% power strength can't make a DENT in a lvl 50 machinist. how in the world are your builds conceivably SO drastically different from ANY of mine that they'd make THIS big a difference if there weren't something wrong???

also the whole thing's basically moot now, the event is over, there was NO conceivable way for me to get to 4k points. thanks for being awful, DE!!!!!!!!!!

@VanFanel1980mx i don't have enough scans of any demolysts to test them in the simacularum because i got immediately burnt out at the fact that the operations missions were straight up BROKEN for me and DE assumed my support ticket was me suggesting i wanted demolysts to be weaker. which i don't. i just want to be able to kill them.

level 37 machinist on my 23k rad arca plasmor build took 9 hits. VIRAL TWIN GREMLINS CRIT BUILD TOOK 2 CLIPS, at LEVEL 37, that i only beat in time because of rhino's 3. at this level, between level 35-39 within the first 2-3 rounds, satyrs still take at minimum 6 hits from the arca or two full rounds from the twin gremlins. level 40 jumps to 12+ hits. by level 50, as was with the operations mission, i am not doing jack.

now that i totally got screwed out of the event, i do NOT have the patience to piss my way up to lvl 50 enemies on ganymede OR the hard drive space to continue recording these clips to confirm what i already know that NO ONE seems to believe to me about: i am screwed.

for whatever reason the video was shockingly more compressed than what i'd like but you know what sometimes the universe just likes to pile on the bulls#$%$

Edited by Hexx
typos

5 minutes ago, Hexx said:

dear freaking lord okay i have honestly had enough of this. of everyone here maybe TWO of you have actually READ my posts.

@sinnae HOW in the WORLD did you POSSIBLY MISS my build post?? you were just so fired up and ready to spit out your dismissive, bratty, stuck-up passive aggressive "lmao post your builds" you managed to skip a WHOLE 12 photos?? and what's with all that "you have given us no information" bs??? i honestly wouldn't trust your opinion on how to beat vor on mars let alone demoylsts. also what on earth do you think magus lockdown DOES exactly and where in that example video was it activated??????? good god

@GreyDeath789 you literally lost me at "almost any secondary" and you used NO abilities????? my rhino with his roar at 204% power strength can't make a DENT in a lvl 50 machinist. how in the world are your builds conceivably SO drastically different from ANY of mine that they'd make THIS big a difference if there weren't something wrong???

also the whole thing's basically moot now, the event is over, there was NO conceivable way for me to get to 4k points. thanks for being awful, DE!!!!!!!!!!

@VanFanel1980mx i don't have enough scans of any demolysts to test them in the simacularum because i got immediately burnt out at the fact that the operations missions were straight up BROKEN for me and DE assumed my support ticket was me suggesting i wanted demolysts to be weaker. which i don't. i just want to be able to kill them.

level 37 machinist on my 23k rad arca plasmor build took 9 hits. VIRAL TWIN GREMLINS CRIT BUILD TOOK 2 CLIPS, at LEVEL 37, that i only beat in time because of rhino's 3. at this level, between level 35-39 within the first 2-3 rounds, satyrs still take at minimum 6 hits from the arca or two full rounds from the twin gremlins. level 40 jumps to 12+ hits. by level 50, as was with the operations mission, i am not doing jack.

now that i totally got screwed out of the event, i do NOT have the patience to piss my way up to lvl 50 enemies on ganymede OR the hard drive space to continue recording these clips to confirm what i already know that NO ONE seems to believe to me about: i am screwed.

for whatever reason the video was shockingly more compressed than what i'd like but you know what sometimes the universe just likes to pile on the bulls#$%$

I will try to get enough scans on my side just in case and report back.

Eh, it's working as intended judging by the video. I mean that's a non-crit plasmor build. It has what? 30K DPS at best? Prisma twin gremlins get about 35K burst DPS at a good day.

A decent catchmoon gets you 150K+ burst DPS without a riven.

So you get 5 times less damage than an okay catchmoon.

Not to mention while you have Rhino, you don't have roar active in the plasmor part. And half the time inactive in twin gremlins part.

Results are consistent with what everyone else has. I just tried roughly the same thing in simulacrum with a plasmor and got a similar result.

On 2019-05-31 at 8:47 PM, Hexx said:

there is no extinguished dragon key.

my rhino's stomp can one-hit clear a map of enemies in an operations-level disruption mission. he's excellent CC. does nothing to demolysts, though.

he does, just demo's clear off all cc very quickly and needs cc to be spammed, there is 1 type of demo that seems to never get cc'd tho, forget which 1, also just try using nova using a build you can spam molecular prime, she trivialises the event pretty easily apart from that 1 type of demo that shrugs off all cc, the other types of demo get affected tho so just spam away with MP and shoot like crazy (i used radiation rubico prime).

Edited by Methanoid

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-06-04 at 1:10 AM, lnfine said:

Eh, it's working as intended judging by the video. I mean that's a non-crit plasmor build. It has what? 30K DPS at best? Prisma twin gremlins get about 35K burst DPS at a good day.

A decent catchmoon gets you 150K+ burst DPS without a riven.

So you get 5 times less damage than an okay catchmoon.

Not to mention while you have Rhino, you don't have roar active in the plasmor part. And half the time inactive in twin gremlins part.

Results are consistent with what everyone else has. I just tried roughly the same thing in simulacrum with a plasmor and got a similar result.

i'm calling BULL on that. because my catchmoon doesn't make much of a difference either.

at least specifically for the operations merger missions, i still got ROYALLY screwed over.

also if DPS was SO INCREDIBLY VITAL to stats, WHY is the BEST source for dps a bunch of fan-suggested GUESSES?? WHY are there countless threads contesting what is ACTUALLY the dps range of certain weapons??? why wouldn't something that makes SUCH A HUGELY CRITICAL DIFFERENCE IN GAMEPLAY be COMPLETELY absent from in-game stat listings????????? because it's unconfirmed BULL and i still can't have a fun time in a fun new mission type.

this whole experience from the HORRIBLE support i received from DE to everything from dismissive to passive aggressive to aggressive to IDIOT community response absolutely DECIMATED my interest warframe.

Edited by Hexx