Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Requesting "Parry with aim-weapon input" Option (desperately)

ntyd1s

We need "Parry with aim-weapon input" alongside the "Melee with fire-weapon input" because the inability to glide with melee ready and primary/secondary available is a LOSS OF CONSISTENT FUNCTIONALITY, not something achievable by habit adjustment.

This inconsistency further causes trouble when I tried Hostile Merger (or any mission with carried item) without pistol equipped, glide maneuver will force primary weapon out and drop carried key. Having parry input will also serves to maintain melee combo consistency (no need to mash melee button to avoid switching to gun while using respective combos), supports certain parry mods; e.g. Guardian Derision, and re-enables glide-parrying. In my opinion, these are very very sensible trade-off to current "quick-draw without firing" input.

Edited by ntyd1s
typo
  • Like 2

While the flow between ranged weapons and melee sounds like a good idea, it feels like that it got thrown out before it could have baked long enough in the oven so to speak.

I also noticed that mods that are melee exclusive, such as the mod for Ack & Brunt called Electromagnetic Shielding, wich while blocking, redirect damage that allies get and transfer them to you instead (Wich is a really good tanking role mod), got affected by the update.

The problem with the update however, is that due to the lack of a block button, or parry input, that mod is practicly impossible to use, or atleast not as effective as it once was. I havent used that mod myself, but another player who uses that mod reported about that issue.

In my case, i love going melee only when im in the mood for it, and manual parry or blocking is something that i find quite rewarding (Or however you can put it in english, not native english speaker here). The auto-Parry situation, evne if you remove Primary and Secondary, the auto-parry still exist.

Overall, having a parry button like you suggest would do alot of good for gliding (And it wouldnt make you zoom in like a eagle on caffaine overdose).

Edited by Sasha_The_Lynx