Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Increase the 90 Riven Limit

GunRaptor9000

17 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

YOU'RE NOT MEANT TO HAVE RIVENS FOR EVERYTHING!

Scott himself said in that Q&A with Tactical Potato that "one (riven) per weapon seems like a legitimate thing". 

Greetings OP

This is an interesting topic you put up as there is a solution to this, yet it seems your girlfriend is using that solution as a reason to NOT enjoy the game. I wish I could say I understand the way a woman thinks....but all I know is you do not go by a woman's words but by her actions. If your gf wanted to play WARFRAME as much as she says, she would have deleted/transmuted/sold some Rivens which would allow her to do more Sorties til she hit 90 again....rinse repeat defeat get treats.

I do not enjoy Rivens so I do not have the 90 max....but I do hold some for when my son wants to do a Riven challenge run. I am 2 over and bought some slots because he wanted a few Rivens I had. I understand it might be your way to want Rivens for every weapon you can have, but what about 2 Rivens for the same weapon? 3 for that one you enjoy doing different things with? This is the problem with each Riven name and possible stats that players will stock if there is no cap and then not use them (*looks at Relics that are never run since don't want them parts*). We horde the stuff in game because it is easy to grab and seems to be no limit. Rivens are being used to make players DO something with them. Either sell, trade, give away, transmute or use.

Ask your lady this- each month, pick 10 Rivens you barely touched compared to the others and either gift them to friends or sell/transmute them. This will put you down to 80 and then, if you guys and your crazy luck for the month pans out and you get 10 again (I barely ever got 2 a month...), then next month, remove 5 that you noticed you did not use as much. This way, you are cycling the Rivens, staying under the limit, allowed to play Sorties and get more Rivens to see what you get. Hek, you can even stop getting rid of Rivens every month or so til you see that you are close to 85 again.

Sometimes we players have to make compromises with game companies when we are playing their game. We also have to ask our GF the real reason she says she likes something but will not do that something.....talk ≠ action.

Find a way to play the game....and not be played by the game (video games and life games)

Cheers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Agropeu said:

Scott himself said in that Q&A with Tactical Potato that "one (riven) per weapon seems like a legitimate thing". 

What did he mean though?

The existence of a riven for every weapon, or that players should be able to have a riven for every weapon?

Thats quite an ambiguous answer from Scott.

Even if he meant the latter, its a BIG step from "seems like a legitimate thing", to actually implementing it. Especially as Steve said that in order to allow players to have as many rivens as they want, would require significant hardware upgrades, to allow their servers to store all the extra data.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

What did he mean though?

The existence of a riven for every weapon, or that players should be able to have a riven for every weapon?

Thats quite an ambiguous answer from Scott.

He meant the latter.

He says it is indeed a database problem, but that more riven capacity is something that they could "probably easily do". I don't know anything about database, but I think it must be something doable (probably not too hard, nor too easy).

I think DE is not against us having more riven capacity, it seems more like a matter of priorities right now, since they already have a lot of things to work on. Which is unfortunate, because more riven capacity means more stuff to do in the time between major updates, at least for players who like to mess around with rivens.

At this point, @gallantblues and I are very happy to see so many people with varying opinions on this matter, but really want to hear from one of the designers from DE.

We're kind of hoping to get mentioned in the (theoretically existent) Monday morning staff meeting at DE regarding player retention, because this matter affects a lot of the player base and it would be nice if the TennoCon / Empyrean mainline update included the removal of the riven limit.

Also, again, I was just now like "hey, @gallantblues, want to go sortie before it turns over for the day?"

And she was like "definitely, let me just save my (RPG that she just got) game and I'll be right in.....also, I just got my characters a boat in this game!"

Then, as she was logging in, I was casually looking at my rivens and said "yes, I'm at 89!"

With that, she was realized she was at 91, and said "I'm not dealing with this...I'm going back to my boat."

And thus, the Riven Limit once again ruined my ability to enjoy Warframe with the person I love.

Remove the Riven Limit, DE.  Please.

26 minutes ago, GunRaptor9000 said:

Also, again, I was just now like "hey, @gallantblues, want to go sortie before it turns over for the day?"

And she was like "definitely, let me just save my (RPG that she just got) game and I'll be right in.....also, I just got my characters a boat in this game!"

Then, as she was logging in, I was casually looking at my rivens and said "yes, I'm at 89!"

With that, she was realized she was at 91, and said "I'm not dealing with this...I'm going back to my boat."

And thus, the Riven Limit once again ruined my ability to enjoy Warframe with the person I love.

Remove the Riven Limit, DE.  Please.

She doesn't want to play Warframe.

Plain

Simple

It's like going into your laundry room and seeing a pile of your favorite clothes that need to be washed. If you want to wear something in that pile, you wash that stuff to get it. You don't want to wear anything in that pile, you don't wash it.

It's okay if she doesn't want to Warframe anymore.....yet you crying to DE over something that if taken care of the way you want and she STILL finds something to "not deal with" in Warframe, you are gonna cry about that....when the real thing is she doesn't WANT to play.

👃

💐💐💐💐

2 hours ago, (PS4)Dishinshoryuken said:

She doesn't want to play Warframe.

Plain

Simple

It's like going into your laundry room and seeing a pile of your favorite clothes that need to be washed. If you want to wear something in that pile, you wash that stuff to get it. You don't want to wear anything in that pile, you don't wash it.

It's okay if she doesn't want to Warframe anymore.....yet you crying to DE over something that if taken care of the way you want and she STILL finds something to "not deal with" in Warframe, you are gonna cry about that....when the real thing is she doesn't WANT to play.

👃

💐💐💐💐

Did you not see her own post up above?  It's not at all like that....it's that the mechanic that deals with >90 mods is intrusive, prevents participation in the Sortie, and punishes players for using rivens for what they are meant for; boosting the viability of less viable weapons.

It's kind of backwards to punish paying players for playing the game.

28 minutes ago, GunRaptor9000 said:

Did you not see her own post up above?  It's not at all like that....it's that the mechanic that deals with >90 mods is intrusive, prevents participation in the Sortie, and punishes players for using rivens for what they are meant for; boosting the viability of less viable weapons.

It's kind of backwards to punish paying players for playing the game.

In my 45+ years if being on this planet, I have know a few things. People that love something will find a way to do that thing they love no matter the restrictions put on them. Women will say they don't like bad boys....but then date only bad boys. A woman that loves a guy will only do things that make him happy for a few years before she finally is real with herself.

I am saying from my experience in life that if something as simple as getting rid of 10 mods is stopping the woman you love from playing a game with the person she loves since she loves the game....her love is not a driving force. I adore this game and I know what it is capable of doing and what it does, I come back as much as I can and even though that annoying screen of Riven limits is reached, I still play the hundreds of things I enjoy in it. Only thing stopping me is no internet or busted system.

You can quote her, tell us she loves the game to death, and any other things you want to confirm she is a die hard Warframe player....but if she isn't getting into the game because of 2 mods....she is telling more than you are seeing. But you are young....enjoy the game.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Dishinshoryuken said:

In my 45+ years if being on this planet, I have know a few things. People that love something will find a way to do that thing they love no matter the restrictions put on them. Women will say they don't like bad boys....but then date only bad boys. A woman that loves a guy will only do things that make him happy for a few years before she finally is real with herself.

I am saying from my experience in life that if something as simple as getting rid of 10 mods is stopping the woman you love from playing a game with the person she loves since she loves the game....her love is not a driving force. I adore this game and I know what it is capable of doing and what it does, I come back as much as I can and even though that annoying screen of Riven limits is reached, I still play the hundreds of things I enjoy in it. Only thing stopping me is no internet or busted system.

You can quote her, tell us she loves the game to death, and any other things you want to confirm she is a die hard Warframe player....but if she isn't getting into the game because of 2 mods....she is telling more than you are seeing. But you are young....enjoy the game.

Wow.  That is the most sexist thing I've ever read.

21 minutes ago, GunRaptor9000 said:

Wow.  That is the most sexist thing I've ever read.

how like honest question please explain it to me 

is it the women dating bad boys thing because everything else you can swap the genders and it makes sense hell even the bad boys thing if you swing that way 

but in all seriousness if you liked the game 2 mods arnt really gunna stop you form playing it cut two you dont use at all or as much and play the sortie done and dusted or just play the game and not do the sortie if she was ok lemme save gets on over riven capacity then goes back to game she was originally playing might be burn out in my opinion  or being lazy take your pick 

• Like 1

It seems many people are missing the point.  The point of this post isn't to disparage one another for their supposed ability to sell rivens, transmute, etc.

The point here is that the 90 Riven Slot Limit is a detriment to the game to some more active players....particularly those who aren't exactly free-to-play.....those that spend money.

And that these limitations are punishing to such players, and discourage them from playing the game entirely....especially when our Steam libraries are so big....

Further, I took the time to note that on a personal level Warframe has meant quite a bit to my girlfriend and me.  I am finding it somewhat sad that due to the riven limit, she hasn't played all weekend, and I only played briefly a few times....as her repulsion from the riven limit screaming at her has made both of us play (and spend money on) other games this weekend. 

I want to play Warframe, and she does too...and I want to justify spending another $140 for each of us to get Prime Access.....but with such a huge emotionally triggering punishment from just playing the game, it's just not happening right now.

tl;dr: the riven limit is bad for business.

with the amount of money they save by not hosting games and leaving it all p2p, you'd think they'd be able to manage increasing the riven limit close to the amount of weapons we have available.

yeah i went there 😄

2 minutes ago, dagre2 said:

with the amount of money they save by not hosting games and leaving it all p2p, you'd think they'd be able to manage increasing the riven limit close to the amount of weapons we have available.

yeah i went there 😄

Actually, there are good technical reasons for that, which improve the player's experience.  Apparently it allows for much faster gameplay, and a massive reduction in lag.

But I'm sure that newer servers could be even better.

I agree, though....host migrations are THE WORST.  And I hope they come up with a way to eliminate the issue.

On 2019-05-31 at 5:43 PM, GunRaptor9000 said:

We've heard this excuse a thousand times over.  The amount of retention of players like my gf and me who actually spend a good deal of money in game would quickly offset the costs.

i think you overestimate your worth, babe.

you're already invested enough in this game that you're supposedly fed up with to be posting about a niche issue on the game's forum. you're already as engaged as you're gonna be. you're not suddenly gonna start dumping tons of real money into plat or microtransactions past buying a few more riven slots. you are, in fact, not worth the server costs.

Edited by sinnae

2 hours ago, sinnae said:

i think you overestimate your worth, babe.

you're already invested enough in this game that you're supposedly fed up with to be posting about a niche issue on the game's forum. you're already as engaged as you're gonna be. you're not suddenly gonna start dumping tons of real money into plat or microtransactions past buying a few more riven slots. you are, in fact, not worth the server costs.

I would say player retention and encouragement to buy Prime Access is key to company health.  There's plenty more they could get out of customers like us.

• Like 1

On 2019-05-31 at 4:01 PM, GrayArchon said:

I want to warn you that this practice, however widespread it is, is against the EULA and will get you a ban if DE finds out.

if two or more friends are in a situation where they can no longer store rivens they want to keep, nothing stops them from "muling" for each other. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

As an end game player with every weapon and warframe I could ever want, rivens are just about the only thing that can get me to log in for a decent chunk of time anymore, if Digital Extremes isn't going to design more content tailored to the veteran playerbase, could you all at least sell me more riven slots so that I can collect the ones that I like? With the influx of new weapons lately, 90 slots is hardly enough to maintain a good collection nowadays.

• Like 8

For economy's reasons, no.

Plus, that's the 2 billionth time someone creates this topic, can you try a quick Search before creating another one with absolutely nothing new in terms of argumentation beyond "i want it so plz introduce" ?

• Like 10

I agree, 

But do I think it will happen? Unlikely 

Why? Not because of capacity, it's going to be to limit the number of active rivens you can have. The fewer the rivens you can hold the greater the value of the things you sell. Higher riven count will indirectly affect riven prices which is one of the biggest means for ayers to use plat. 

Edited by 0_The_F00l

6 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

For economy's reasons, no.

Plus, that's the 2 billionth time someone creates this topic, can you try a quick Search before creating another one with absolutely nothing new in terms of argumentation beyond "i want it so plz introduce" ?

Because the more of these topics that get made, the more visibility the wants/needs of my side of the playerbase gains, there really isn't anything more or special to it.

3 minutes ago, Clats01 said:

Good one

Just because I don't post often doesn't mean that I don't play often.

Edited by ArisaSensei
  • Like 2