Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GunRaptor9000

Increase the 90 Riven Limit

15 minutes ago, ArisaSensei said:

As an end game player

Good one

6 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

For economy's reasons, no.

Plus, that's the 2 billionth time someone creates this topic, can you try a quick Search before creating another one with absolutely nothing new in terms of argumentation beyond "i want it so plz introduce" ?

Because the more of these topics that get made, the more visibility the wants/needs of my side of the playerbase gains, there really isn't anything more or special to it.

3 minutes ago, Clats01 said:

Good one

Just because I don't post often doesn't mean that I don't play often.

Players have been pleading for this for a loooooong time and DE keeps being oblivious as f to it. I agree, rivens are one of the very few things left for veterans to have fun with. And DE does not care much about veterans as they have shown all this time.

Increasing the cap would mean DE would have to invest more in storage capacity on their end, but considering how expensive extra riven slots are and how many players would pay the plat for it it should be worth it.

Don't listen to the haters. There is a loud buncha plebs hating on rivens in general. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb Mr.SpookSpook:

Increasing the cap would mean DE would have to invest more in storage capacity on their end, but considering how expensive extra riven slots are and how many players would pay the plat for it it should be worth it.

it's not about storage capacity, it's about load times. Every additional Riven increases your loading times.

Also what makes people a veteran in this game and what is endgame? Everyone kinda just assumes their expectation is universal which is just false.

Are seriously opening the post with "As an endgame player"?

This is worse when than the veteran Bs.

1 minute ago, Drachnyn said:

it's not about storage capacity, it's about load times. Every additional Riven increases your loading times.

Also what makes people a veteran in this game and what is endgame? Everyone kinda just assumes their expectation is universal which is just false.

.From my point of view, a veteran player is on that is MR 26-27 and has almost nothing else to collect in terms of conventional weapons/warframe/pets and personally speaking a little longer of a load time is a small price to pay to be able to have a reason to play the game again and increase my collection

1 minute ago, JackHargreav said:

Are seriously opening the post with "As an endgame player"?

This is worse when than the veteran Bs.

I'm not trying to offend or pretend that I'm better than anyone else, I just suffer from the lack of content in game and would like to have a reason to continue playing and supporting it I legitimately don't get why you seem so agitated.

32 minutes ago, ArisaSensei said:

Because the more of these topics that get made, the more visibility the wants/needs of my side of the playerbase gains, there really isn't anything more or special to it.

That's called spam and in the wrong section, there is approximately a 0% chance that DE cares about this.

Especially when its content is as shallow as yours. "I want it to be implemented so please implement" is not a good enough reason for DE to do it. Give any good reason why they should do it, and in the correct section of the forums preferably, and maybe they'll listen to you.

Here you're just annoying forumers.

18 minutes ago, ArisaSensei said:

I'm not trying to offend or pretend that I'm better than anyone else, I just suffer from the lack of content in game and would like to have a reason to continue playing and supporting it I legitimately don't get why you seem so agitated.

There really are people considering "Riven mods" as a "content" ? At your level, Riven mods are just trading (otherwise you're limited to one per day max, not counting Arbitrations because nobody cares about Archrivens), that's not "content". Why don't people like you prefer requesting for real gameplay content and are satisfied with "Riven mods hoarding" as only endgame stuff ? that's not "content", that's OCD. This need of having as many Riven Mods as possible for NO reason (as you're not playing with more than 90 weapons, at all).

10 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

That's called spam and in the wrong section, there is approximately a 0% chance that DE cares about this.

Especially when its content is as shallow as yours. "I want it to be implemented so please implement" is not a good enough reason for DE to do it. Give any good reason why they should do it, and in the correct section of the forums preferably, and maybe they'll listen to you.

Here you're just annoying forumers.

There really are people considering "Riven mods" as a "content" ? At your level, Riven mods are just trading (otherwise you're limited to one per day max, not counting Arbitrations because nobody cares about Archrivens), that's not "content". Why don't people like you prefer requesting for real gameplay content and are satisfied with "Riven mods hoarding" as only endgame stuff ? that's not "content", that's a psychosis. This need of having as many Riven Mods as possible for NO reason (as you're not playing with more than 90 weapons, at all).

I beg to differ, if there arn't a whole bunch of other threads up about the same topic I don't think it's fair to just instantly dismiss it and call it spam, if the forum moderators feel the same way as you, they can shift my topic to that section whenever they'd like.

And you act like I don't want more real and actual content to do but the whole gas city update barely lasted a week and there's not much else to do now perhaps after Tennocon there will be a huge amount of content to look forward to, but failing which I legitimately think that increasing the riven capacity is an easy way to give players like me something to be occupied with. And yes, I will never be able to use 90 weapons at the same time, but I like swapping them out in between missions and having fun with different ones to freshen things up! And I'm not a trader, I'm a collector I doubt a "trader" would ever be at maximum capacity.

And also, I don't get why you hate rivens/the topic so much that you have to compare my desire to play/collect them to a mental disorder

There aren't 90 weapons good enough to use on a regular basis, so why anyone would need more than 90 rivens is beyond me. Then again, the existence or rivens is beyond me too. Still, 15 rivens is more than enough for your average player, and the fact that you can hold up to 90 is ridiculously generous. If even that is not enough, then I don't know what to say. Maybe tone it down a little?

6 minutes ago, ArisaSensei said:

but failing which I legitimately think that increasing the riven capacity is an easy way to give players like me something to be occupied with.

I'll never understand how Riven Mods can keep you occupied. Are you spending all your day in your Liset rerolling Riven Mods ? In this case, are you really rerolling 90+ Riven mods at the exact same time ?

For me, that's as much "content" as ranking up mods randomly would be.

Once again, there is no reason for you to hoard all those Riven Mods. Keep in mind that if the limit is ever increased, you'll just hoard more and reach the new limit in less than 2 weeks, because you like that. Then you'll come back here and ask for another raise in this limit, even though that doesn't bring anyone anything. On the contrary, that screws up the economy by limiting the amount of Riven available for trading at all times. Riven Mods are already expensive, with a raised limit they'd be even more.

Honestly there is no point in having more than 90 rivens. I'm not ingame right now but I'm sure you have less than 20 weapons with more than 0.5% usage (edit: real usage).

Let's get real for a second:
You don't need to be a genius to come up with the idea of having more Riven Storage. DE actively avoids raising the limit. They don't want a higher limit for now. What about that will OP's post change?

Btw. looking at OP's ingame profile, he doesn't really look like an endgame player....

2 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

I'll never understand how Riven Mods can keep you occupied. Are you spending all your day in your Liset rerolling Riven Mods ? In this case, are you really rerolling 90+ Riven mods at the exact same time ?

For me, that's as much "content" as ranking up mods randomly would be.

Once again, there is no reason for you to hoard all those Riven Mods. Keep in mind that if the limit is ever increased, you'll just hoard more and reach the new limit in less than 2 weeks, because you like that. Then you'll come back here and ask for another raise in this limit, even though that doesn't bring anyone anything. On the contrary, that screws up the economy by limiting the amount of Riven available for trading at all times. Riven Mods are already expensive, with a raised limit they'd be even more.

Honestly there is no point in having more than 90 rivens. I'm not ingame right now but I'm sure you have less than 20 weapons with more than 0.5% usage.

I don't spend all day in my Liset rerolling mods, I usually sit around and help the newer players in my clan whenever needed or farming kuva if the opportunity presents itself.

And how does keeping riven mods ruin the economy? The supply of new rivens is technically endless and there will always be new ones being farmed, demand on the other hand is rather, more limited or at least in my opinion then again, I'm no economic expert and perhaps you are right.

But my point is that, rolling good rivens for bad weapons makes them more competitive with good weapons and increases the time I'd like to use them, part of the whole point of which is to make me increase my usage of the weapons that I don't really use much

31 minutes ago, ArisaSensei said:

.From my point of view, a veteran player is on that is MR 26-27 and has almost nothing else to collect in terms of conventional weapons/warframe/pets and personally speaking a little longer of a load time is a small price to pay to be able to have a reason to play the game again and increase my collection

maybe a longer load time won't affect you that much because you have a good pc. but there are players that play this game on the worst machine possible. do you want these people to suffer through 5 minute loading screens for a mission that is over in less than 2?

il y a 9 minutes, Gabbynaru a dit :

There aren't 90 weapons good enough to use on a regular basis, so why anyone would need more than 90 rivens is beyond me. Then again, the existence or rivens is beyond me too. Still, 15 rivens is more than enough for your average player, and the fact that you can hold up to 90 is ridiculously generous. If even that is not enough, then I don't know what to say. Maybe tone it down a little?

Out of all the moronic answer to the OP yours take the cake. Good job. 

1 minute ago, Helch0rn said:

maybe a longer load time won't affect you that much because you have a good pc. but there are players that play this game on the worst machine possible. do you want these people to suffer through 5 minute loading screens for a mission that is over in less than 2?

I'm pretty sure that rivens in my inventory don't affect what is in other players inventories why would they be loading the information in mine unless we're trading? I'm no expert but it sounds kind of weird

52 minutes ago, ArisaSensei said:

You do realize DE don't really pay attention to feedback left in GD, right?

Just now, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

You do realize DE don't really pay attention to feedback left in GD, right?

Perhaps, but I can always try my best!

Just now, ArisaSensei said:

I'm pretty sure that rivens in my inventory don't affect what is in other players inventories what would they be loading the information in mine unless we're trading? I'm no expert but it sounds kind of weird

I think it was Glen that explained it in one of his weekend streams.

I will try to explain it as good as I remember

if you load into a mission your game and the games of your squadmates synchronize, so each client all the important things.

this includes your rivens (I think all of them and not just the equipped ones)

and this is where the size of the database comes into play.

synchronizing 90 rivens for each player is faster than 120 for each player (360 rivens in total -> 480)

plus the increased load on a players pc will slow down low end machines even more

15 minutes ago, ArisaSensei said:

And how does keeping riven mods ruin the economy? The supply of new rivens is technically endless and there will always be new ones being farmed, demand on the other hand is rather, more limited or at least in my opinion then again, I'm no economic expert and perhaps you are right.

Only Archriven are technically endless (and nobody cares about them afaik). The supply for most of the high-demand Rivens (melees, guns, secondaries, kitguns, zaw) is hella low due to the way of obtaining them.

So yes, having the possibility to keep them all forever reduces the supply. The current limit is also here to incentivize you to put the unwanted/unneeded rivens back into the market. If you had the possibility to keep all of them, you'd never sell them (unless you really need the plats).

45 minutes ago, ArisaSensei said:

Maybe because every second person uses the term veteran or whatever else like that means something. These "titles" don't mean anything at this point. They are more like a joke. If someone titles himself as such I'm not willing tó take the person seriously.

1 minute ago, Helch0rn said:

I think it was Glen that explained it in one of his weekend streams.

I will try to explain it as good as I remember

if you load into a mission your game and the games of your squadmates synchronize, so each client all the important things.

this includes your rivens (I think all of them and not just the equipped ones)

and this is where the size of the database comes into play.

synchronizing 90 rivens for each player is faster than 120 for each player (360 rivens in total -> 480)

plus the increased load on a players pc will slow down low end machines even more

Thank you for the good explanation!

That sounds like some pretty bad coding, since the rest of the inventory of players other than equipped items and gear wheel shouldn't impact what's needed for a mission. Hopefully they find a good way to fix that in the future then. Still, hopefully this topic will get seen and digital extremes will find some way to fix it!

1 minute ago, JackHargreav said:

Maybe because every second person uses the term veteran or whatever else like that means something. These "titles" don't mean anything at this point. They are more like a joke. If someone titles himself as such I'm not willing tó take the person seriously.

I'm very well aware it's meaningless, it's just a game after all, I just couldn't think of a more apt descriptor when I posted the topic I still think it's mean to get snarked randomly for no good reason

You see, DE wants to force choice, just like you can't equip all mods in the warframe, you can't have unlimited amount of rivens, if you use alt accounts then they can't interact and all it takes is a single interaction for automated systems and support to ban the accounts.

You really have to choose the rivens you want, i also removed some of the ones i had and i'm being very selective on the rivens i own, you'll have to do the same.

Having a cap is healthy and increases the standards of your Riven inventory. 90 is fine imo.