Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Increase the 90 Riven Limit

GunRaptor9000

On 2019-06-27 at 11:25 AM, ArisaSensei said:

Because the more of these topics that get made, the more visibility the wants/needs of my side of the playerbase gains, there really isn't anything more or special to it.

Everyone in the playerbase has already seen 12 other topics on the subject, and DE don't look in general discussion. Moot point

On 2019-06-27 at 6:07 AM, ArisaSensei said:

if Digital Extremes isn't going to design more content tailored to the veteran playerbase, could you all at least sell me more riven slots so that I can collect the ones that I like? 

TBH this game needs more content for newer players to keep the player base growing and offset players who leave the game.

What do you need 90 riven mods for? Buddy, its time to find another game to play until the next update comes out. 

4 hours ago, BETAOPTICS said:

I do not find either of these commentaries insulting, but their " psychoanalysis" is unfounded. Unlike armchair psychologists on the forums, I am one by my education. Referring what DE has stated on their own livestream doesn't make someone nefarious: " [...] these people either have ulterior motives (like keeping riven prices high so they can abuse the riven limit), while others just want to sound better than you because "they play the game the right way." [...] " - this is more emotion speaking than the rational part of the brain. It has nothing to do with jealousy nor greed, it is simply describing what DE has said in response to the question of Riven cap existence. Whatever connotations some person wants to tie into their projection is their own business, but it won't nonetheless change DE's answer on that topic.

Just out of pure curiosity, make a guess how much I've made from Platinum sales over the years and how I get platinum, oh and whether I follow meta play or not. You know, test the hypothesis and diagnostics analysis out, lets do some qualitative research.

At this point in time we all know what's a meme, something so repeated that most people can correlate it to their lives, whether actively or passively.

Your reasoning doesn't make the least bit of sense, it's a narrative you're trying to push that has absolutely no ties to any stretch of real life, if you're an adult you'll know. It's the very fact that we have a cap on rivens that allow for said high prices, source of jealousy and window shopping emotions to most of the people that show up on the nay side in these threads.

You can find my reply to another guy on this thread where i explain exactly why the riven cap and the very high prices are so intimately connected, and also why rivens that aren't perfect, near perfect or unrolled are difficult to sell.

I use myself as example and the many riven collectors i know, when the system was introduced we'd buy tons of so so rivens for testing purposes or just for the hell of having a riven for said weapon, we quickly realized that with the imposed riven caps we'd have to stop injecting plat into the economy, as much as we wanted, and it made sense to only go for the best rivens. If I have money and a garage that can only fit 3 cars, i won't buy a prius, that's what's happening to everyone who has some plat. At different rates, slowly or quickly but damn right surely we all reached our caps and all realized there's no point buying a soso riven that will be dissolved quickly when an opportunity is spotted on chat that requires us to have a slot.

People who sell rivens don't have this attachments, i know all the flippers on ps4, they are always with tons of slots free, it's the people who collect and enjoy rivens that are suffering, because since we're out of slots, there's margin for this flippers to quickly grab this rivens and exploit the emotions of collectors, if i can put it that way.

Maybe you're one of those flippers as implied by this test of yours where you basically point me to the direction you want my thinking to go.

tl;dr the cap benefits people who flip rivens for high amounts since they have no attachment to rivens but platinum and profit only, people who enjoy and or collect rivens are almost always at their mercy cause they have to sacrifice something they worked hard for, they are attached to, in order to get a new riven.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

At this point in time we all know what's a meme, something so repeated that most people can correlate it to their lives, whether actively or passively.

Your reasoning doesn't make the least bit of sense, it's a narrative you're trying to push that has absolutely no ties to any stretch of real life, if you're an adult you'll know. It's the very fact that we have a cap on rivens that allow for said high prices, source of jealousy and window shopping emotions to most of the people that show up on the nay side in these threads.

You can find my reply to another guy on this thread where i explain exactly why the riven cap and the very high prices are so intimately connected, and also why rivens that aren't perfect, near perfect or unrolled are difficult to sell.

I use myself as example and the many riven collectors i know, when the system was introduced we'd buy tons of so so rivens for testing purposes or just for the hell of having a riven for said weapon, we quickly realized that with the imposed riven caps we'd have to stop injecting plat into the economy, as much as we wanted, and it made sense to only go for the best rivens. If I have money and a garage that can only fit 3 cars, i won't buy a prius, that's what's happening to everyone who has some plat. At different rates, slowly or quickly but damn right surely we all reached our caps and all realized there's no point buying a soso riven that will be dissolved quickly when an opportunity is spotted on chat that requires us to have a slot.

People who sell rivens don't have this attachments, i know all the flippers on ps4, they are always with tons of slots free, it's the people who collect and enjoy rivens that are suffering, because since we're out of slots, there's margin for this flippers to quickly grab this rivens and exploit the emotions of collectors, if i can put it that way.

Maybe you're one of those flippers as implied by this test of yours where you basically point me to the direction you want my thinking to go.

tl;dr the cap benefits people who flip rivens for high amounts since they have no attachment to rivens but platinum and profit only, people who enjoy and or collect rivens are almost always at their mercy cause they have to sacrifice something they worked hard for, they are attached to, in order to get a new riven.

I knew full well why you would think that, but how you come to that conclusion that people who say things X, Y and Z must be because A, B and C; hence projection. I also read your previous post before, and I can understand why you would feel that way about Rivens and having a collector mindset, you want to have them. Not simply because of the economics you wish to improve but for you the thought of owning Rivens to guns you use regularly is a great addition to your enjoyment of said weapon. Who doesn't like variety, right? Yeah, but nonetheless that is the emotional Self speaking. Mind you there is nothing wrong with those wishes at all, in fact they are quite welcome since they do drive a game forward.

But the rational side of you might observe that sometimes it is complicated. I am sure if you ask most people if they'd intuitively like more Riven slots, they would enthusiastically answer yes. I know I do. Even DE has nothing to gain from the cap as others noted they would spend the plat they have and thus be more keen to buy even more. But maybe it is a bit more complicated than that, a goal for the future. And if Scott is anything to go by, they wish the same thing and they will do that when they can. It just might not be tomorrow, but maybe next week metaphorically. It isn't like DE seems to like the Riven market economy currently either, it is ultimately bad for them.

You know why I asked you to estimate how I earn my platinum, how much I make by selling items and whether or not I follow the meta? The correct answers would've been: Prime Access, 80p in 6-years (I dislike trading and I only ever buy but never sell, rivens I turn into endo; I am busy and lazy, and my 80 plat only because a clan mate insisted to pay it for giving them Maiming Strike) and no I do not follow meta (last Riven few weeks ago was for Amphis for experimentation reasons, enough plat to allow me that luxury to do that). None of those are virtues of any sort, least is my plat count, but what they do reveal is a conflict with the description of greed/jealousy for the motivation to describe DE's answer to that question or the persons motivation to bring up that statement. That is all to say that we humans tend to be complicated with varied and often complex motivations for doing a lot of things. One persons duck is another persons tiger. And sometimes a description of something is simply a description of something without making a value judgement about the nature of it. 1+1=2, is a description that says nothing more about the speakers motivations than to simply be informative.

But I understand these emotional reactions. Trust me I understand that pain. Being somewhat of a perfectionist myself I understand that rush to want to have it all because you can and that rush of adrenaline is your fun and passion for the game is your fuel. However maybe the world is colorful and not everyone is the devil your experiences might make you inclined to believe they are. Sometimes they may be just a duck.

Edited by BETAOPTICS
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, BETAOPTICS said:

I do not find either of these commentaries insulting, but their " psychoanalysis" is unfounded. Unlike armchair psychologists on the forums, I am one by my education. [Therefore, by implication, I'm better than you, and will proceed to flaunt my education (but apparently not profession?) by disparaging anyone who has a reasonable desire for a minor, yet high impact, change to the video game they love that will keep the sinking ship afloat via new avenues of monetization during an over year-long period of essentially no content....because collecting things is a silly hobby.  Also I'm better than you.] 

This is basically what I read.  Therefore, category 3/4.

Edited by GunRaptor9000
Wrong category from my earlier post

They increased the limit when melee rivens came out. They honestly should've done the same for arch gun rivens, even if it's just a small increase.  I agree that nobody needs 90 rivens, even if the person doesn't like trading I'm certain they have some trash worth transmuting. Regardless it seems a little silly to lock people out of new content because they do. 9 new slots to make it 99 would've been plenty to account for AG rivens imo and I can't imagine it would be too taxing on their hardware to add a little space for the few people with that many. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BETAOPTICS said:

I knew full well why you would think that, but how you come to that conclusion that people who say things X, Y and Z must be because A, B and C; hence projection. I also read your previous post before, and I can understand why you would feel that way about Rivens and having a collector mindset, you want to have them. Not simply because of the economics you wish to improve but for you the thought of owning Rivens to guns you use regularly is a great addition to your enjoyment of said weapon. Who doesn't like variety, right? Yeah, but nonetheless that is the emotional Self speaking. Mind you there is nothing wrong with those wishes at all, in fact they are quite welcome since they do drive a game forward.

But the rational side of you might observe that sometimes it is complicated. I am sure if you ask most people if they'd intuitively like more Riven slots, they would enthusiastically answer yes. I know I do. Even DE has nothing to gain from the cap as others noted they would spend the plat they have and thus be more keen to buy even more. But maybe it is a bit more complicated than that, a goal for the future. And if Scott is anything to go by, they wish the same thing and they will do that when they can. It just might not be tomorrow, but maybe next week metaphorically. It isn't like DE seems to like the Riven market economy currently either, it is ultimately bad for them.

You know why I asked you to estimate how I earn my platinum, how much I make by selling items and whether or not I follow the meta? The correct answers would've been: Prime Access, 80p in 6-years (I dislike trading and I only ever buy but never sell, rivens I turn into endo; I am busy and lazy, and my 80 plat only because a clan mate insisted to pay it for giving them Maiming Strike) and no I do not follow meta (last Riven few weeks ago was for Amphis for experimentation reasons, enough plat to allow me that luxury to do that). None of those are virtues of any sort, least is my plat count, but what they do reveal is a conflict with the description of greed/jealousy for the motivation to describe DE's answer to that question or the persons motivation to bring up that statement. That is all to say that we humans tend to be complicated with varied and often complex motivations for doing a lot of things. One persons duck is another persons tiger. And sometimes a description of something is simply a description of something without making a value judgement about the nature of it. 1+1=2, is a description that says nothing more about the speakers motivations than to simply be informative.

But I understand these emotional reactions. Trust me I understand that pain. Being somewhat of a perfectionist myself I understand that rush to want to have it all because you can and that rush of adrenaline is your fun and passion for the game is your fuel. However maybe the world is colorful and not everyone is the devil your experiences might make you inclined to believe they are. Sometimes they may be just a duck.

Dude, you're so smug, that I can just imagine you driving around in a hybrid like:

south park thank you GIF

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BETAOPTICS said:

Well, now that's a much clearer and empathic way to expose how you think, especially after reading your last paragraph. 

It's a fair analysis of the collector mindset you present, now try to contrast that with the people that do behave or feel like i detailed in my previous replies; it's hard not to get at least a bit emotional, it's as if we suddenly had to limit how many cosmetics we could obtain, or how many weapons we could store, this is a game about collecting, anything, some things, everything, it's up to each player but in order to progress, the game not only encourages you but also forces you to experience every piece of gear released. So it surprises me if anyone was against the idea of more riven slots it has literally 0 drawbacks, 0 and plenty of advantages.

When you question these nay sayers you always, ALWAYS get an emotional reply in the lines of how rivens are so expensive, which is a blatant lie: There's only ever 2 cases when they are expensive: if perfect or if next to release days. That's as obvious as new prime warframes costing 500p, if you value your platinum ignore all those things. Great rivens can be found for 100 200p. You don;t have to have a riven for the just released weapon. That's the person's problem that they are not able to control their anxiety. I always laugh at trade chat during release days and  i have a ton of plat, i know better than to fall prey. Lastly, a cap has done nothing to fix that and never will so it's an empty argument as is anything related to riven prices.

Then the storage limit is false, there's a way to increase your cap to 96; it started at 15 and went to 90; what happens if suddenly the player base increases? Anyways, those are substantiated evidences but many experts did the maths on many of these threads supporting the idea that more storage is easily doable, not to mention the plethora of ways to decrease riven data, like, remove decimals, remove mastery rank since it does absolutely nothing to the riven, etc.

With all that said I apologize if somehow i made it seem my most emotional statements were directed to you, if they were, I can clearly see they are not after reading your reply. 

16 hours ago, OminousVortex said:

TBH this game needs more content for newer players to keep the player base growing and offset players who leave the game.

That is such a false premise.

New players already have the entire bloody game with all its content to play through.

How about we actually reduce the number of players leaving the game because they don't have anything more worthwhile to do.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ___Grim___ said:

That is such a false premise.

New players already have the entire bloody game with all its content to play through.

How about we actually reduce the number of players leaving the game because they don't have anything more worthwhile to do.

I totally agree with you, and this thread hits on the point that "riven collecting" is an activity that people who have completed most content would enjoy in this game.

Edited by GunRaptor9000
  • Like 1

On 2019-06-27 at 11:32 PM, GunRaptor9000 said:

I made a similar post a while back.

From a gameplay perspective, you're entirely correct.  The player is stifled in their progression and collection due to this limit, and it adds a straight up source of anxiety which leads to less desire to play.  From a business perspective, it's a disincentive to buy plat, which is [quite honestly] idiotic on DE's part.

Now, given how obvious it is that the Riven Limit should be abolished (note: note simply "expanded," as this only pushes off the problem without fixing anything), there will be many who disagree with you.  Those will mainly be DE database apologists who think that the storage necessary for rivens or the I/O capability of it will be utterly overwhelmed, those who think the point of rivens is to trade them, those who will say you're playing the game wrong, and those who will say "you don't *need* more riven capacity, you want it."  All of these people either have ulterior motives (like keeping riven prices high so they can abuse the riven limit), while others just want to sound better than you because "they play the game the right way."  All of these people will post in this thread trying to call you out as a fool for pointing out an obvious point, which if implemented would instantly improve the game.

So, don't worry when most of your replies are people telling you you're wrong.  Keep the flag of obvious improvement to the game flying in the face of these sophomores and punks, and let's push to eliminate the riven limit.

Post before mine (above).

On 2019-06-29 at 12:15 AM, BETAOPTICS said:

Rivens cost expensive server space. That is why they are limited. Before youbask, it is because of coding properties and different calculations compared to normal mods.

My comment not quoting the person.

On 2019-06-29 at 12:53 AM, GunRaptor9000 said:

Yet another case in point!  I'm on a role!

Immediate response after my comment. 

17 hours ago, GunRaptor9000 said:

Dude, you're so smug, that I can just imagine you driving around in a hybrid like:

south park thank you GIF

Reply to my previous commentary challenging the views on their merits and the above was your response to it all. Well a perceptive person might be inclined to point out that it is perhaps not the best idea to start out your interaction arrogantly and then get upset when someone throws a bit of spice back. It is not particularly mature of me, I admit, but to be frank I was testing how seriously you took yourself as. Now back to the topic.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

14 hours ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

Well, now that's a much clearer and empathic way to expose how you think, especially after reading your last paragraph. 

It's a fair analysis of the collector mindset you present, now try to contrast that with the people that do behave or feel like i detailed in my previous replies; it's hard not to get at least a bit emotional, it's as if we suddenly had to limit how many cosmetics we could obtain, or how many weapons we could store, this is a game about collecting, anything, some things, everything, it's up to each player but in order to progress, the game not only encourages you but also forces you to experience every piece of gear released. So it surprises me if anyone was against the idea of more riven slots it has literally 0 drawbacks, 0 and plenty of advantages.

When you question these nay sayers you always, ALWAYS get an emotional reply in the lines of how rivens are so expensive, which is a blatant lie: There's only ever 2 cases when they are expensive: if perfect or if next to release days. That's as obvious as new prime warframes costing 500p, if you value your platinum ignore all those things. Great rivens can be found for 100 200p. You don;t have to have a riven for the just released weapon. That's the person's problem that they are not able to control their anxiety. I always laugh at trade chat during release days and  i have a ton of plat, i know better than to fall prey. Lastly, a cap has done nothing to fix that and never will so it's an empty argument as is anything related to riven prices.

Then the storage limit is false, there's a way to increase your cap to 96; it started at 15 and went to 90; what happens if suddenly the player base increases? Anyways, those are substantiated evidences but many experts did the maths on many of these threads supporting the idea that more storage is easily doable, not to mention the plethora of ways to decrease riven data, like, remove decimals, remove mastery rank since it does absolutely nothing to the riven, etc.

With all that said I apologize if somehow i made it seem my most emotional statements were directed to you, if they were, I can clearly see they are not after reading your reply. 

Well it is an interesting question what happens when a playerbase suddenly increases. While it is impossible to know whether or not they hold dormant capacity for all registered 'losers', Rebecca meant users, knowing what I know about MySQL databases they likely have all the data restored but only some of them actively running on scripts for active online players on each platform.

What would likely happen is what always happens with games like Path of Exile league start, major supply of players in a rapid succession trying to access data and most of the time they do not have enough server space to handle that traffic so the service will cut in and out until the situation calms down and stabilizes. I am sure that if it weren't risky there would not have been limitations for some time now, so best guess is they are investigating how to best make riven slots to have at least 1 per gun as stated by Scott on that livestream posted earlier on this thread. Regardless though I do welcome more Rivens. Sharing is caring, right?

5 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

What?  Are we still going with this stuff again?  I thought we already resolved this type of propaganda issued for it seems lollygaging is still on the process in everyone mind about the cap and riven mods that is being defy amount.

Not to be rude at all, but I take it English is not your first language?

I'm just having trouble understanding if you're annoyed with people still wanting a reasonable and small change to the game, or if you're annoyed at DE for not implementing it yet.....

1 hour ago, GunRaptor9000 said:

Not to be rude at all, but I take it English is not your first language?

I'm just having trouble understanding if you're annoyed with people still wanting a reasonable and small change to the game, or if you're annoyed at DE for not implementing it yet.....

No your just not taking that step back reading the whole thread, pretty much all I see we still continue with lots load of rubbish which it been solved long ago, pretty much this post is going off topic and neither main subject and if you look couple, the point already seized already done but the $##! lollygaging the topic pretty much sum it up the rest afterward.  Anyway why are we still whinny-ING about the riven to the limited cap, pretty much we already discuss about it just simple buy more plat, pretty much this post pose to be closed long ago, pretty much the riven cap pose to seal off any new riven mods but it seems someone broke though going beyond the number of riven mods number.  Pretty much I am just checking in see the mess had it grown into pile of doo dadal in other words lollygag for known as either accidently going off the topic/ not working just slothy at work lots sort of but not in lallygag where the mess up part and no don't look into the dictionary or either look up google for that $##! pretty much ppl are into those adult overkill, pretty much all I see as propaganda just build attention of no reason to keep going for pointless goals already developed.

Pretty much the age of cyber texter or the internet age shows that we deleted the phase using good metaphoric uses in life and also parable saying, so pretty much I understand you won't get the $##! meaning because I spent hell more time more then sword that rusted over the ages because they wanted short cut by just throwing a book at people face and simple imprison what is speeches and grammar when basically we did more writing more on poetic, metaphoric and parable in life.  Pretty much  this is the point if you don't learn parables pretty much your stuck in the new age that is ditching old stuff trying figure get to the faster point but accurate misses the meaning a lot for example "Wise man stop and listen, but a foolish man will boast and walk forward" its a small metaphorically and short parable for you have understand the meaning like asking yourself "why did the wise man stop and listen and why did the foolish man boasted while he is is still walking forward" pretty much is meditation of words or just to think about it until either life unfold the truth or either you figure it out.  So if your still on the subject why did the wise man stop and listen is because he stop and listen either he could be in danger, listening to someone, hearing other things or hear something important, while a foolish man that boast and walk forward pretty much you see that everywhere common with people for example ppl walk towards close door and knocking their head on that door, either skipping a person who is calling for help, and there is lots more that could described a fool is.

We don't give thanks where was knowledge that is provide with wisdom that the fact is pretty much started the poetic that continue to be art and and other stuff to be that may concluded.  I'll wrap this up and end my side/main topic.

Edited by ChaoticEdge

• 1 month later...