Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mackinz

Machete is Impossible to Obtain

Recommended Posts

For me, at least. I have been playing Warframe on and off for several years

 Back when I was a newer player in 2015, I got my hands on a Machete from some event, maxed it out for Mastery XP, and sold it for Credits and to free up the weapon slot. Fast forward to now, and I am building a collection of all Warframes, weapons, etc., spending a lot on new slots. It is an arduous task, and will be so for some time, but doing some quick research on the Machete today, I have found that I cannot obtain another copy.

 

The Machete blueprint is currently only given out as a reward from the Daily Tribute. The Daily Tribute only gives weapon and warframe blueprints for the ones you have yet to master, as well as the trio of login weapons. As I mastered the Machete a long time ago, that means there is no method for me to obtain the Machete again.

 

This may sound like a 1st world Tenno problem, but I'm simply asking for DE to add a new way to get the Machete again. Maybe as an event reward?

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

check wiki, they gave us at least one opportunity to get it like on 2017 year...between May 25th, 2017 and June 1st, 2017.

what the #*!%ing purpose of rare items if they will be 100% obtainable with no worries? no,ty. wait ur daily reward like people do, or wait another super rare event. 

Edited by Melanholic7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Melanholic7 said:

check wiki, they gave us at least one opportunity to get it like on 2018 year...

what the #*!%ing purpose of rare items if they will be 100% obtainable with no worries? no,ty. wait ur daily reward like people do, or wait another super rare event. 

The last event was in 2017. It is 2019 now. The Machete was added to Daily Tribute in Update 20.6, and the Daily Tribute ONLY gives you blueprints for weapons you have not mastered yet. 

 

It's almost like you didn't actually read the post. I can't get another Machete at all unless a new event gives it as a reward, and I simply asked for such an event.

Edited by Mackinz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i read it. And all i want to tell - stop begging and wait untill ur event in 2020 year. Like i said - nobody caries that “you cant get another machete” earlier. Its his special things, that its very rare. Making rare thing common u will only destroy any interest in it. Nobody will provide u often events just cause u want some mr.fodder or collection stuff. Next time dont miss events, cause u already missed ur two chances. It ur problem, not item. This item isnt important for gameplay, so as i said - no reasons to force events with it. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They might add it to Baro eventually, like they did with some other rare weapons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Melanholic7 said:

i read it. And all i want to tell - stop begging and wait untill ur event in 2020 year. Like i said - nobody caries that “you cant get another machete” earlier. Its his special things, that its very rare. Making rare thing common u will only destroy any interest in it. Nobody will provide u often events just cause u want some mr.fodder or collection stuff. Next time dont miss events, cause u already missed ur two chances. It ur problem, not item. This item isnt important for gameplay, so as i said - no reasons to force events with it. 🙂

Like you said, this item is mostly used for MR fodder or collecting, it has no real bearing on gameplay. It's a machete, practically worthless when compared to other weapons. So what's the point behind keeping it rare & hard to acquire again? It's an event weapon, right? Why can't it be brought back over like Sheev, Brakk, Detron or Snipetron? Hardly a difficult task. Having this thing available won't impact you or I regardless of whether it becomes easier to acquire or not, easier availability hurts no one in general, so let the kid have his dream.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Melanholic7 said:

Its his special things, that its very rare. M

And its complete garbage as well, i see no one why its barred. Quite frankly it makes 0 sense.

Things like snipetron i get as it was contradictory to the lore and removed, vandral braton/lato i get as well as those were designed to be rare.

But machete? C'mon now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 часов назад, (PS4)IndianChiefJeff сказал:

Like you said, this item is mostly used for MR fodder or collecting, it has no real bearing on gameplay. It's a machete, practically worthless when compared to other weapons. So what's the point behind keeping it rare & hard to acquire again? It's an event weapon, right? Why can't it be brought back over like Sheev, Brakk, Detron or Snipetron? Hardly a difficult task. Having this thing available won't impact you or I regardless of whether it becomes easier to acquire or not, easier availability hurts no one in general, so let the kid have his dream.

for collectionists. Thats how such items works in game - they are rare so they become an item people are happy to obtain. If u add everything easy to obtain - u will have nothing to do in this game after a year. And cause something locked behind time gate,low drop chance rates,event drops - people still have something to obtain,this lead to more playtime.

but w/e. You cant undertand simple things,what can i do with this -.- 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Melanholic7 said:

for collectionists. Thats how such items works in game - they are rare so they become an item people are happy to obtain. If u add everything easy to obtain - u will have nothing to do in this game after a year. And cause something locked behind time gate,low drop chance rates,event drops - people still have something to obtain,this lead to more playtime.

but w/e. You cant undertand simple things,what can i do with this -.- 

So...What, the machete is meant for bragging rights?

That little butter knife is never even used throughout the entire game, nonetheless anyone wouldn't be caught dead equipping it on missions unless they brought it out for the hell of it but that's like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Are you collecter? What makes this item worth the entitlement? Because it has been discontinued yet is still prevalent on the scorpion mobs we fight 24/7? Most importantly, why would it be your business whether or not this person has obtained the item through easier or simpler gains?

Keep in mind that the gorgon, was ALSO removed from the market, which by your logic, you'd probably deem 'extraordinarily' rare if it didn't drop from the Arid Heavy Gunner.

I mean, I'm a collector too, I still am a bit salty that I can never get Lato or Skana prime but I just continue on as the days go by, without a care in the world.

Percieved value is subjective from person to person but to try and argue against that, a completely common item that was removed for...Silly reasons is somehow to justify your point that collectors wouldn't have something to...Do?

Can you point me to anyone who'd be against such a change if DE took this feedback into account?

Anyways, for the Machete to come back, here would be a simple way to reintroduce it into the game.

Have the blueprint drop from Drekar scorpions. It'd be simple enough to do anyways.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mackinz said:

The Machete blueprint is currently only given out as a reward from the Daily Tribute

I've been wondering how to get it. I've levelled just about everything else, just archwing, syndicate and weak amp/zaw combinations to go.

13 hours ago, Mackinz said:

As I mastered the Machete a long time ago, that means there is no method for me to obtain the Machete again

Why? It's worse than the starter weapons. If you get a riven you can pick up the (still objectively garbage) Machete Wraith from Baro.

I want it for the MR, but it's not worth a 6p weapon slot. It's a strict level it a chuck it weapon.

1 hour ago, TylerFreeman said:

Keep in mind that the gorgon, was ALSO removed from the market, which by your logic, you'd probably deem 'extraordinarily' rare if it didn't drop from the Arid Heavy Gunner

Every time I check I have about 10 of those BP, and it feels like the Machete belongs in the same pool.

1 hour ago, TylerFreeman said:

I mean, I'm a collector too, I still am a bit salty that I can never get Lato or Skana prime but I just continue on as the days go by, without a care in the world

Founders' packs were not cheap, and required faith in an unreleased game, they need to be desirable and unobtainable without being game-breaking. I'm fine not having those.

1 hour ago, TylerFreeman said:

Anyways, for the Machete to come back, here would be a simple way to reintroduce it into the game.

Have the blueprint drop from Drekar scorpions. It'd be simple enough to do anyways

Yup, though I'd only have it drop from Scorpions on Earth. It should be one of the first weapon BPs dropped, as it's hard MR fodder even before players reach Venus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a blueprint I only just recetly built.... You're not the first person I've told I would have given it too if I could.... It's not exactly an incredible weapon...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...