Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The AFK detecting "feature" really needs to be taken care of

GrandLompus

On 2019-06-01 at 12:34 PM, GrandLompus said:

Probably so if you've already ran it a few times to completion.  But like I said: I do not want spoilers, so I'm trying to figure it all out myself without any prior knowledge.  Maybe I'm just dense, but I've still not figured out how to do it yet.  Or maybe that's just not the way Warframe works and first reading up on missions in the forums and the wikia is a strict prerequisite.

While ill agree with you that afk thingy is terrible and ill agree that in game voicelines are next to useless at guiding you trough the bossfight. 

Took you far too long to figgure it out. 

I had a squad that just kept dying on me my 1st time and i figgured out the whole thing under 3 to 10 min kept getting shot so sense of time is meh, but its rly straight forward. 

Also those cables, warframes can use them too. 

• Like 1

Everyone should keep in mind that there are many different kinds of intelligence.  Different people aren't smart/quick/clever in the same ways.  What Person A finds trivial is completely counterintuitive for Person B, and meanwhile there are things Person B can ace first try that Person A can't even begin to figure out.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vaz2017 said:

Everyone should keep in mind that there are many different kinds of intelligence.  Different people aren't smart/quick/clever in the same ways.  What Person A finds trivial is completely counterintuitive for Person B, and meanwhile there are things Person B can ace first try that Person A can't even begin to figure out.

True enough. But honestly you can't tell me that after you figure out how it works you aren't thinking to yourself ITS SO SIMPLE. Because it is, and its in my opinion a fun boss to fight. Precisely because it is not a bullet sponge for the whole fight, unless you are shooting it all the time when its in invulnerable.

it took me 15 min to finish doing stuff and private time of call of BrB (Bathroom Break) which I do find it annoying being forced to lose the mission even thou you are playing solo for its not type exposing the game, it just show that people between the missions need to take some proto call doing stuff in reality which I cannot blame the dude who go afk who need use BrB because he ate huge burrito or either some killer hot flaming diablo burrito for that is one my friend's make of his launch...respect the hot burrito...sorry off side questing back to the main topic, the time going afk shouldn't be a punishment thing.  at least if the player takes about more then a 1-hour afk then yea I would understand kick him because you don't use toilet excuses for that long unless someone is dying in the room then probably you should of type down apologizing to other players to clear up the understanding why this guy leave the game with no reason saying anything.

At the time being, I hope they don't punish players who are in PoE or in Solaris doing thing in solo to do their stuff own time need to deal with BrB moments and also doing stuff quickly.

8 hours ago, MagPrime said:

I thought the afk feature wasn't a thing if you were set to solo?

Different afk feature.  This one is older, dates back to old star chart I think.  And it sucks for super stealthy gameplay attempts (not killing any enemies with a non stealth frame challenge type of things).  And it doesn’t stop you from getting rewards if you sit too long, it literally fails your mission.

hm, so you were considered AFK despite being active in Spacekid? if that's reproducible, that's... interesting and i'm sure that's not supposed to be that way.

if you want to do some research on your own, there are a few Enemies that Spawn in the Boss room. if you could reach such a point and use Spacekid to Kill any of those Enemies, and then see if it times out in about the same total time or if it takes much longer, that would be interesting data for that.

10 minutes ago, aswitz87 said:

Different afk feature.

it's all the same feature, just the second stage being more extreme than the first. you can't hit stage 2 without stage 1. but i digress.

Edited by taiiat

11 minutes ago, taiiat said:

hm, so you were considered AFK despite being active in Spacekid? if that's reproducible, that's... interesting and i'm sure that's not supposed to be that way.

if you want to do some research on your own, there are a few Enemies that Spawn in the Boss room. if you could reach such a point and use Spacekid to Kill any of those Enemies, and then see if it times out in about the same total time or if it takes much longer, that would be interesting data for that.

it's all the same feature, just the second stage being more extreme than the first. you can't hit stage 2 without stage 1. but i digress.

It's reproducible.  I got the AFK timer 3 times; halfway through the the 3rd time I killed the boss just in time for the extra enemies to spawn, which saved that run.  I wasn't only playing as operator though; I think first run it was more 100% warframe / 0% operator, 2nd run 50%/50% and 3rd run more 20% / 80%.

It both happened at about the 20 minutes mark, so with that timer being set to 10 minutes of not killing anything that means it took me 10 minutes to reach the arena?  That long though?  Now I did go as Ivara in prowl mode, took my time to stop here and there for Helios to scan new content and such, but still...

Prob. says enough that I was more of a tourist here than a hard-hitting meta warrior 🙂

Edited by GrandLompus

4 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

At the time being, I hope they don't punish players who are in PoE or in Solaris doing thing in solo to do their stuff own time need to deal with BrB moments and also doing stuff quickly.

In PoE and Orb Vallis I never get the timer, and I have done long solo stealth resource gathering rounds there.  So I think they disabled this timer there, though I never mix active bounties with resource gathering, so there's that as well.

5 hours ago, Ecchi-Bunny said:

True enough. But honestly you can't tell me that after you figure out how it works you aren't thinking to yourself ITS SO SIMPLE. Because it is, and its in my opinion a fun boss to fight. Precisely because it is not a bullet sponge for the whole fight, unless you are shooting it all the time when its in invulnerable.

Oh, in hindsight it is indeed simple enough; it's really the same mechanic as the Exploiter orb which I could figure out by myself quickly enough (solo Ivara there as well).  And it's also a fun fight (also solo, even as Ivara) so I definitely want nothing changed there.

But what tripped me up here I think was that I was trying to void-dash the beast, which transferred me into my warframe again (which I thought was a bug at that time, but reading the Wikia now it's the boss' Spectral Scream reaction).  And with all that void dashing straight up and ending up in my warframe, the gameplay was too chaotic for the "x" hint to grab the beast to remain on screen long enough.  In hindsight just grabbing it as warframe is far easier 🙂

That, plus the "x" hint to grab the lines is also missing far too often (that is a bug I think).  I've had countless times that I tried to step on it as operator anyway (knowing it was the way to go), spamming "x" to grab it, but falling through anyway...

14 minutes ago, GrandLompus said:

It's reproducible.  I got the AFK timer 3 times; halfway through the the 3rd time I killed the boss just in time for the extra enemies to spawn, which saved that run.  I wasn't only playing as operator though; I think first run it was more 100% warframe / 0% operator, 2nd run 50%/50% and 3rd run more 20% / 80%.

It both happened at about the 20 minutes mark, so with that timer being set to 10 minutes of not killing anything that means it took me 10 minutes to reach the arena?  That long though?  Now I did go as Ivara in prowl mode, took my time to stop here and there for Helios to scan new content and such, but still...🙂

oh, may just be the normal timeout (15 minutes with no Kills) and not a Spacekid related bug, then.

9 hours ago, Ecchi-Bunny said:

While ill agree with you that afk thingy is bullS#&$ and ill agree that in game voicelines are next to useless at guiding you trough the bossfight. 

Took you far too long to figgure it out. 

I had a squad that just kept dying on me my 1st time and i figgured out the whole thing under 3 to 10 min kept getting shot so sense of time is meh, but its rly straight forward. 

Also those cables, warframes can use them too. 

Happy you got it but honestly it shows how dense you are at putting it all together. But otherwise gj.

Difference here might be I was running as a solo squishy frame 1st time, with no squad members to draw the fire away from me 🙂  So I played very defensively.

And I first did the cables with my frame, but as operator you can simply go void mode when the arc comes up; far easier that way.  Ropa doesn't shoot at you in that stage anyway.  And the way back is also trivialized as operator too; just go void mode when he starts shooting but continue walking on.  But it does take extra time.

47 minutes ago, GrandLompus said:

Oh, in hindsight it is indeed simple enough; it's really the same mechanic as the Exploiter orb which I could figure out by myself quickly enough (solo Ivara there as well).  And it's also a fun fight (also solo, even as Ivara) so I definitely want nothing changed there.

But what tripped me up here I think was that I was trying to void-dash the beast, which transferred me into my warframe again (which I thought was a bug at that time, but reading the Wikia now it's the boss' Spectral Scream reaction).  And with all that void dashing straight up and ending up in my warframe, the gameplay was too chaotic for the "x" hint to grab the beast to remain on screen long enough.  In hindsight just grabbing it as warframe is far easier 🙂

That, plus the "x" hint to grab the lines is also missing far too often (that is a bug I think).  I've had countless times that I tried to step on it as operator anyway (knowing it was the way to go), spamming "x" to grab it, but falling through anyway...

Congrats on figuring it out. When I first did the boss, I pretty much tried all mechanics that were in existing bosses. After the Exploiter Orb fight, I figured that they may have done something similar for the Ropalolyst. Also the fact it was an eidolon also made it a safe bet that you had to deplete it's shield with operator. Alad V told me about charging the capacitors and what you had to do there. As for the phase after that, I conveniently found the prompt for the button and after pressing that, saw what it did and you kind of put everything together from there. Rinse and repeat for all of the obvious capacitors on the map and you snagged yourself a boss.

Although I have played lots of platformer games with puzzle bosses so I am not new to figuring out bosses. Also you understand the limitations of game and level design and these things can become pretty predictable.

5 hours ago, GrandLompus said:

Well i might have had it alot easier because i don't rely on operator form as much as everyone else. I use it for what it needs doing but i try to avoid it if i can. So i saw the X when i jumped past it to get from 1 generator to the main platform. (could consider that a lucky find)

5 hours ago, GrandLompus said:

Difference here might be I was running as a solo squishy frame 1st time, with no squad members to draw the fire away from me 🙂  So I played very defensively.

And I first did the cables with my frame, but as operator you can simply go void mode when the arc comes up; far easier that way.  Ropa doesn't shoot at you in that stage anyway.  And the way back is also trivialized as operator too; just go void mode when he starts shooting but continue walking on.  But it does take extra time.

Well i love bulletjumping and i use it by reflex by now. So i got over those by just being half way to the generator and jumping to it. 
And my team was not drawing fire. All they did was die alot.  🤣

I don't think this is the afk detecting system exactly. But anyways It doesn't do any harm unless you can't find out what to do based on the hints that Alad gives. Also the fight is pretty straight forward. Sure I died the first two times but on the third try I knew what frame to pick and what to do. Come to think of it, the second time I could have done the mission if I wouldn't have been an idiot.