Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Smoking Ephemera Drop Rate is ABSURD

Xeryla

Me and my squad has used FORTY (40) TOTAL STALKER BEACONS and not even one Smoking Ephemera dropped.

Honestly its disappointing. all those times farming for ducats and waiting for baro to bring stalker beacon is WASTED.

My feedback? Just slap in a LOOT BOX (YES YOU READ THAT RIGHT) THAT CONTAINS EPHEMERAS. It's a lot more better to spend on instead of farming that certain Ephemera and wasting time on it.

I've spent enough time farming for it and GOD knows if that drop chance is really 5%.

This drop chance is so low just to keep players on playing the game and farming for that single item.

Weapons locked behind that oh so low drop chance sure ill accept that, but for a  cosmetic item? no, its not even fun anymore, thinking about few months waiting for it and also force spawning stalker just hoping it will drop.

I don't know how the devs can say straight to the face of the community that a cosmetic drop is RNG base. again, its disappointing. early years cosmetics are behind alerts, events, plat pay wall. I can go with that. but behind RNG? NO. DE lost their magic on that. they forgot players are happy on the old cosmetic drop methods.

and now to add salt, they removed nightwave and new players cant even acquire nitain extracts and cosmetics JUST TO BE INLINE WITH THE DAMM CONSOLE PLAYERS

So to Sum up my rant and "SUGGESTION"

I'D RATHER PAY FOR A COSMETIC RATHER THAN TO FARM FOR IT WASTING TIME AND EXPECTING RNG TO DROP IT WITH GODFORSAKEN 5% DROP CHANCE JUST TO KEEP ME PLAYING THE GAME

• Like 4

I got 2 in a short time, RNG is bad simply, i more struggle with the damn Ash Systems for it to finally build it, its so ridiclious to use the one part you probably sold hundreds of times by now and it dropping more rare due maniacs are rare on itself already.

It feels insulting for both new and older players to use frame parts you not needed anymore or not seen as useful anymore like Oberon parts.

Suggestion:

Add such parts to Simaris aswell if you atleast dropped them once.

Regular boss drops can stay since you can farm them more normally.

• Like 1

Meanwhile I have 2 of the smoking ephemeras and I didn't even want them but I have tried to get some weapon blueprints for months and I can't even get 2 parts with a 2% and 1% chance. Yay RNG...

• Like 1

I don't really know how they came to the conclusion "hey lets add some good stuff behind 5% drop chance from a mini boss that appears seldomly".

id really wish they change it, not "INCREASE' the drop rate per se, but add it as a guaranteed reward. for example, the nightwave season, we all know what the rewards we are getting hence we can choose if we want to grab it, or let it pass. bottom line is, we know that even its behind a so long mission, we know its there and we know its a guaranteed drop.

I know you want it but I can tell you that the best way to get it is to just play the game until it happens to drop. Obsessing over a 5% drop on an assassin boss that requires either a lucky run or resources to spawn in isn't healthy. Especially when it's just a cosmetic.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Chipputer said:

I know you want it but I can tell you that the best way to get it is to just play the game until it happens to drop. Obsessing over a 5% drop on an assassin boss that requires either a lucky run or resources to spawn in isn't healthy. Especially when it's just a cosmetic.

The sensible side of me completely agrees with this.  

The FashionFrame addict in me is screaming, "HERESY, you infidel!!" 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Shonaney said:

May they should think about making them tradeable so i could sell em most expen...we! we could trade em with players that got the bad part of the rng 🙂

OMG some of them would cost so much but hey it would be more fun than the riven market.

• 1 month later...
On 2019-06-01 at 4:49 AM, Xeryla said:

Me and my squad has used FORTY (40) TOTAL STALKER BEACONS and not even one Smoking Ephemera dropped.

Honestly its disappointing. all those times farming for ducats and waiting for baro to bring stalker beacon is WASTED.

My feedback? Just slap in a LOOT BOX (YES YOU READ THAT RIGHT) THAT CONTAINS EPHEMERAS. It's a lot more better to spend on instead of farming that certain Ephemera and wasting time on it.

I've spent enough time farming for it and GOD knows if that drop chance is really 5%.

This drop chance is so low just to keep players on playing the game and farming for that single item.

Weapons locked behind that oh so low drop chance sure ill accept that, but for a  cosmetic item? no, its not even fun anymore, thinking about few months waiting for it and also force spawning stalker just hoping it will drop.

I don't know how the devs can say straight to the face of the community that a cosmetic drop is RNG base. again, its disappointing. early years cosmetics are behind alerts, events, plat pay wall. I can go with that. but behind RNG? NO. DE lost their magic on that. they forgot players are happy on the old cosmetic drop methods.

and now to add salt, they removed nightwave and new players cant even acquire nitain extracts and cosmetics JUST TO BE INLINE WITH THE DAMM CONSOLE PLAYERS

I'D RATHER PAY FOR A COSMETIC RATHER THAN TO FARM FOR IT WASTING TIME AND EXPECTING RNG TO DROP IT WITH GODFORSAKEN 5% DROP CHANCE JUST TO KEEP ME PLAYING THE GAME

Ok

• Like 1

As others have said, its sadly just really bad rng.

Girlfriend and I had 45 beacons between us. Took 44 to get the ephemera. Meanwhile, we had multiple war and despair drops throughout this process, which I believe have lower drop rates. It really does suck

1 minute ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Stalker beacon share, 4 players, each with 40 beacons. No Smoking Ephemera

I'll take 1. 300p? 

Invite

All those Cosmetic Ephemera BPs need to be fin tradable already. 

I got 1 sans beacons, solo. .-.

• Like 1

I got it at random without specifically trying to farm for it. My wife got it later on when we were grinding something else, so... I guess I now have 2 of the BPs.

I haven't really cared enough to actually do Arbitrations for the Vitus Essence I need.

On 2019-06-01 at 6:49 AM, Xeryla said:

I got two back to back, random encounter. Id give u one if they were tradable

Edited by (PS4)big_eviljak

On 2019-06-01 at 10:32 AM, Xeryla said:

I don't really know how they came to the conclusion "hey lets add some good stuff behind 5% drop chance from a mini boss that appears seldomly".

id really wish they change it, not "INCREASE' the drop rate per se, but add it as a guaranteed reward. for example, the nightwave season, we all know what the rewards we are getting hence we can choose if we want to grab it, or let it pass. bottom line is, we know that even its behind a so long mission, we know its there and we know its a guaranteed drop.

I have 2, you want one of mine. It's a cosmetic item that your gonna have to grind for, sorry. Like that's the point. It add a push just like many other games. And if you dont get. So what, it wont change the game play at all. 

• Like 1

I have three extra BPs..I so wish I could sell them or gift them away...I guess I just got lucky, but even with that RGN goodness..it got balanced out by making me farm Defection 90 times till I finally got an Ash System....So take this story for what it is...This game is basically a psychological test being run out of Stanford...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey