Shield buff suggestions

LarryOtter

5 minutes ago, LarryOtter said:
  • shield gating on all frames 2-4 sec (and a New Passive for hildryn hildryn)
  • Umbral redirection (maybe with new war)
  • higher overshield cap (on all frames)
  • maybe make shield gating every 500-800 shields

awesome idea, probably wont happen, unless DE finally admits how useless shields are currently

Well this has been asked for for many years.

Scott considered it and designed the mechanic.

Then instead of adding it to every frame they just released one frame with this as its passive.

I felt real bad because having this is what squish frames need to prevent instant one shots. So you have my +1 but sadly I don't think this will happen. Quite frankly I'm tired of QT + primed flow combo, it's useless 90% of the time, and when it does work and I manage to trigger rolling guard, I'm left with no energy and have to void dash away to recoup. A strategy that does not work in defense objective missions, which is the majority of the game.

One other suggestion that players have repeatedly brought up, and has been rejected a few times in Devstreams has been giving shields an 'armor' stat for lack of a better word. Calling it frequency, attenuation, or shield density would be fine most likely; but the essential idea would be to open up shields as being able to take a hit outside of just enemies by having excess amounts. Now, one concern I recall from a discussion a bit back was that it would make shielded enemies become a bear just as armor heavy enemies currently do, but such changes would likely not be in a vacuum and power level plateaus for enemies as players have, would probably be a good introduction anyway at that time.

I don't think Shield Gating would help. That sort of thing only encourages cheesing shield drop mechanics. If you want to make shields meaningful, then remove the shield recovery delay and speed up shield recovery substantially. Not only will shields be able to absorb more damage that way, but players will also be required to disengage for much shorter periods of time before regaining full shields.

Alternately, go the Payday 2 route. Stick with the shield recovery delay, but recover ALL shields all at once as soon as the delay expires. This way, high-shield Warframes are able to duck out and regain large amounts of shields fairly quickly.

• Like 2