Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Community suggestions to make Warframe have designed difficulty instead of artificial.

(PSN)chibitonka

Ideas like more health, armor, shields won't really help. 

The missions need to pose more of a immediate threat to the players, enemies themselves should feel like they can wipe the tenno flat through game mechanics not absurd numbers.

Like certain melee enemies being able to do finishers after grabbing the player. Creating radiation hazards in the field. Being able to sleep the player. 

Maybe bumping up the blast range of a napalms Ogris. Giving heavy gunner's punch through.

Or perhaps baiting the players with holograms.

Pretty much whatever we can do to the enemies they should have some way of being to do to us. 

Other's suggestions below pls xD

While it sounds nice, all this would accomplish is either being blown up by a napalm from much further away and/or us still killing everything instantly. Alot of new Enemies we get are already quite like this, in that they are much harder to deal with either by them resisting alot of things or simply having some sort of mechanic/gimmick to play around.

Well, honestly, all that starts at first, reigning in scaling for both players and enemies (like nerfing some mods, getting rid of rivens, capping enemy scaling and adding faction-specific scaling) and second, reworking some of the combat functions (ie, replacing most instances of Status Immunity with Status Resistance, that would reduce status duration, or for things like the Sentients, being vulnerable to a status's effects but gaining bonuses while being afflicted by a status; making ammo and energy economy an actual thing to worry about; tweaking some of the elemental damage and status effects; implementing bonuses to weapon classes to encourage their role, like Shotguns getting Finisher bonuses against unprotected or otherwise vulnerable enemies, Snipers getting 'Strike' bonuses against unaware targets and weakpoints or protected targets, and Launchers getting a mix of both, etc).

Also, I'm pretty sure the Infestation need close to a full rework at this point.

I expect, though, that any offer for a sweeping rebalance of the game-design like that would insult many of the players with time investments in learning how the systems work now and all the effort made to acquire the equipment they have to counter those systems, resulting in gridlock where those players don't want a better game, yet want a 'better' game.

14 minutes ago, LunaSelenis said:

While it sounds nice, all this would accomplish is either being blown up by a napalm from much further away and/or us still killing everything instantly. Alot of new Enemies we get are already quite like this, in that they are much harder to deal with either by them resisting alot of things or simply having some sort of mechanic/gimmick to play around.

true to an extent. Shame they aren't blood thirsty tho or unceasingly relentless. 

Tho if they are able to replicate our abilities and turn them on us it could be threatening at the least. 

Smart mobs are not something to take lightly. 

Enemies deflecting our weapon fire back at us, think like the Prosecutors and wardens, they block our fire but they don't really deflect it back at us. Imagine you're firing off an opticor and they just put up a reflective shield that absorbs and fires it back at the players. Or you're firing off one of the many explosives in the game they just huck them back at us. 

Arrows being fired could get rerouted back at our heads, gunfire being caught in tractor beams and fired back at double the velocity. 

Emp grenades that disable corpus weapons in tenno hands for 90 seconds and disable 2 abilities at random. 

and now i'm drooling..

They had some of these features in early warframe, such as napalm and bombard homing and splash damage strong enough to pierce frost's bubble. People asked for change.As for increasing difficulty, I think DE is on the right track:

A) I think DE is planning on stage difficulties considering the mobility mods recently added. Having to traverse a stage carefully may require sacrificing tried and true builds for additional mobility...especially looking at the New War WIP. Note the dispersement of the mods. Feel like giving up multishot or slash procs to make that jump?

B) I also see senti-corpus collabos becoming more of a problem, adding resisitence and better shields, rivaling the grineer's armor. Goodbye gas builds? Adaptation Corpus?

C) The infested are usually the weakest but are also responsible for the most powerful weapons in warframe. How long until they start growing stronger? 

D) And, the grineer, uncovering and studying lost orokin tech from the cetus excavations, learning to create next level tech and armor. Lancers with heavy gunner armor and health ratings and heavy gunners three times stronger and more agile!

E) Perhaps the tenno will have to be more active in missions and need better armor and weapons. Perhaps the warframes cannot be used at all in some cases?

I'm personally hyped to see where this goes! So many opportuinities! Patience and development time is key though. I just hope the community allows theadvancement.B) 

Edited by (PS4)GEN-Son_17
Points catagorized

9 minutes ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

They had some of these features in early warframe, such as napalm and bombard homing and splash damage strong enough to pierce frost's bubble. People asked for change.As for increasing difficulty, I think DE is on the right track:

A) I think DE is planning on stage difficulties considering the mobility mods recently added. Having to traverse a stage carefully may require sacrificing tried and true builds for additional mobility...especially looking at the New War WIP. Note the dispersement of the mods. Feel like giving up multishot or slash procs to make that jump?

B) I also see senti-corpus collabos becoming more of a problem, adding resisitence and better shields, rivaling the grineer's armor. Goodbye gas builds? Adaptation Corpus?

C) The infested are usually the weakest but are also responsible for the most powerful weapons in warframe. How long until they start growing stronger? 

D) And, the grineer, uncovering and studying lost orokin tech from the cetus excavations, learning to create next level tech and armor. Lancers with heavy gunner armor and health ratings and heavy gunners three times stronger and more agile!

E) Perhaps the tenno will have to be more active in missions and need better armor and weapons. Perhaps the warframes cannot be used at all in some cases?

I'm personally hyped to see where this goes! So many opportuinities! Patience and development time is key though. I just hope the community allows theadvancement.B) 

• A: Having to use mobility mods isn't really something to encourage making that sacrifice. When void dashing and decently done parkouring can clear massive gaps with ease. Think like the distance from land to the center of the lake in cetus. That in one jump is very easy to do unless you suck at parkour. 
  • B: Corpus in fortuna are a nice attempt at that idea but they lack in potency. Just adding more dr and armor/hp/shield won't remedy a difficulty lack. Since that's artificial difficulty to a T. 
  • C; The infested not assimilating corpses of other factions, literally poisoning the air *yes tenno and frames immune to infestation but not toxin/gas/viral/corrosive* suicider infested lack real punch. Chargers don't ragdoll the players, runners don't keep up with the player consistently. Ancients could just use a rework so they feel more like a threat. Rest least hold some form of being able to slap around the player easily. 
  • D; Again that's artificial difficulty. More armor values is just giving more ehp which does not make good difficulty. It's not challenging. Heavy gunners don't make one think of something that can shred you just for getting in their sight. Napalms/bombards got done dirty there. Should've kept the aoe splash. Oneshotting bubbles was probably a coding mishap or ppl's bubbles weren't as strong as they thought they were. Melee grineer don't feel threatening, give them finisher moves they can use on players. Like scorpions can do ground finisher on players snagged by their cord. Grineer need a big fat buff that isn't just more health/armor dr reliance. 
  • E: One can only hope so. But unless they change the way the enemies themselves behave, up their threat level outside just big numbers it's w/e. Most operators these days can do lv50 missions all day long w/o cares in the world. Even doing sorties just with operator only. Operators are not weak by any means. 

No more artificial difficulty via number spikes. That crap is done to death, not very interesting and just makes the game more of a slog than it should be. More designed difficulty de. Not taking notes off Destiny 😄