Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chat suspensions

LokiWannaDie

Those keywords are getting out of hand.

14 minutes ago, Blatantfool said:

It is bizarre that you'd be able to name a Zaw something you couldn't link in chat though.

Yeah, they should implement "naming your zaw/kitgun suspension" thing.

Edited by Swagernator22663

29 minutes ago, Blatantfool said:

It is bizarre that you'd be able to name a Zaw something you couldn't link in chat though.

It may have not been a bot that tagged them. The chance the bot has that specific phase is unlikely although gey is not a english word and is most often used to say gay so that could have triggered a bot by itself as its a incredibly common alternate spelling. You can easily have a inappropriate named account by altering the spelling a bit as that system likely has a smaller trigger list than a chat bot. That's specifically mentioned in the code of conduct.

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200300104

"We urge our users to avoid using Political or Religious figures in their names and to avoid any name that can be misconstrued as anything offensive. "

Same goes for anything you can name like pets. and now weapons. These tend to require manual reporting. They did a dumb and posted it in chat.

--AnimeTiddies-- has played for 1400 hours. They should know how twitchy region moderation is by now anyway. A bit late to feign ignorance on this matter.

Edited by Firetempest
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, --AnimeTiddies-- said:

Some guy in region chat was asking to link zaws in chat, all of a sudden I linked my "[zaw: Ur mom gey]" and got suspended. My question is if DE allowed me to name my zaw that, why even bother to suspend me from chat?

They cant block every possible instance of the word. You bypassed the filter and anyone with half a face would know that it would be against the naming policy.

• Like 6

You were probably banned by a moderator and not a bot. Because you did bypass the censorship system. So why would you think it'd be a valid thing to do in a public chat?

If that was in most alliance or clan chats you'd have no issues. This is just a matter of you deliberately taking a risk and paying for it.

• Like 1

seems there is some overlap when it comes to Zaws and chat. interesting to know that was allowed though: perhaps there is a separate profanity filter for Zaw Naming than the one in Chat? seems weird, a single, universal Profanity Filter for the whole game would suffice, right?

either way though, calling a Zaw something like that really speaks volumes about your mental age. just saying.

2 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

I would like to see OP's Zaw being removed from his account without any refund.
People really need to grow up.

I agree that it's one of the worst custom names I've seen, but let people have their fun if it makes them laugh, it's not hurting anyone

1 hour ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

I agree that it's one of the worst custom names I've seen, but let people have their fun if it makes them laugh, it's not hurting anyone

If something like that makes them laugh, then they have to be pretty childish. Then it's totally fine to educate them by using a ban. Let's be real, OP obviously wasn't able to use the word 'gay' when naming the Zaw. He had to work around the filter. He knew it was wrong. And now he is crying for getting punished for doing something like that. That's not just childish, that's rather stupid.

9 hours ago, --AnimeTiddies-- said:

Some guy in region chat was asking to link zaws in chat, all of a sudden I linked my "[zaw: Ur mom gey]" and got suspended. My question is if DE allowed me to name my zaw that, why even bother to suspend me from chat?

*Looks at what got them banned*

*Looks the name of the OP*

Yeah, somehow I'm not really buying that this really came as a surprise. 

• Like 2