Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive Charge Attack, inconsistent results.

JackTrades

I've been trying to use a lot of Glaive Prime together with Cyanex lately and noticed pretty quickly that the Charged Attack seems to be pretty broken on them.

Here are the things that I've noticed:

1. If I dual-wield Glaive P, jump, aim down and do a charge attack it seemly does either the throw or the slam attack randomly. I haven't been able to find what the pattern is there.

2. If I dual-wield Glaive P with a secondary, jump, shoot, aim down and try to do the charge attack it almost always results in me doing the throw animation but not actually throwing the Glaive at all.

There are actually several topics, started by me or others about the glaive. All of them have issues, especially orvius. They've been tinkered with, but there has been no permanent fix. Apparently the host ping effects them too. It's a shame, because those are my favorite weapons, and remind me of dark sector. 

23 hours ago, (PS4)DARK_WIZARD999 said:

There are actually several topics, started by me or others about the glaive. All of them have issues, especially orvius. They've been tinkered with, but there has been no permanent fix. Apparently the host ping effects them too. It's a shame, because those are my favorite weapons, and remind me of dark sector. 

That may explain why most of my glaives don't explode on command or using power throw in all games leading to a lot of confusion, on the other hand I have gotten "homing" rebounds from Glaive and Cerata a few times but not always so I can't figure out what part of the build affects that, I thought only Orvius and Falcor were the only ones with homing trajectories.

• Like 1

It used to be a LOT worse when dual wielding was introduced., but you still have occasions where the midair throw charge does not actually segue into throwing the glaive. It seems to have something to do with the way the game caches actions. Something you did prior to trying to throw it causes the issue.

You might go into a mission and cause the issues and then post your EE.log file, or send it in as a ticket.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I figured out what causes Glaives not to work. It's the Cyanex.

If I used the Glaive with any other gun I can throw and drop attack at will, consistently. If I use Cyanex then it's all bugged out.

I have a sneaking suspicion that maybe it's because Glaives and Cyanex use the same homing code for their "shots" and end up interfering with each other?

23 hours ago, JackTrades said:

I think I figured out what causes Glaives not to work. It's the Cyanex.

If I used the Glaive with any other gun I can throw and drop attack at will, consistently. If I use Cyanex then it's all bugged out.

I have a sneaking suspicion that maybe it's because Glaives and Cyanex use the same homing code for their "shots" and end up interfering with each other?

I have the glaive issues for any dual wielding gun I use, with any glaive. I've been testing it for over a year. It's definitely something universal. 

Were you testing in the similcrum?