Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Screen Shot] Why We Need Votekick

SoggyCow

inb4 "blacklist fixorz everythin". Because it does not. It only helps AFTER you meet these people, who you will probably never see again. (and 2/3 (rounded up) vote required of active/non afk players would be a reasonable vote amount. And if you're playing with 2 trolls, it's not gonna go well for you anyways.)

um....can you zoom in please?

click the image

Nah, then it takes one hosting troll to ruin 3 other people's game, and can be done at anytime, although, like you said in the topic you linked, putting them in a solo game mode works (agree, not online, that could EASILY be exploited)

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

Votekick is a tricky thing, it can be abused by the same kinds of people you're wishing you could kick for no other reason than they want to trollololol.

What this guy was doing was symptomatic of a bigger issue where it is more efficient for him to do nothing and leech more XP off of you (eg he gets more XP across his frame and weapons then he would if he killed something, the xp mostly going to item used).  It didn't help that he was being a jerk about it from what I could read there.

I guess try and report him?  Beyond that, what can you do?  I don't votekick will ever make it into this game, but it's your right to ask.

here is the deal op...

vote kick solves one very annoying issue, but creates another very annoying issue.

sure you can kick afk people, but i can guarantee that the most use that feature would get would be thanks to trolls.

picture it... Sicily 1986 (oh god...)

*you have joined the game*

*you have been kicked from game*

"please do not camp the tunnels"

"hi, im new to the game"

*xxxx has been kicked from game*

*supah1337sniper_qu1ckscopeB3ast has joined the game*

*supah1337sniper_qu1ckscopeB3ast has been kicked from game*

"hey cool, i finally got that system BP that i have been farming days for"

here is the deal op...

vote kick solves one very annoying issue, but creates another very annoying issue.

sure you can kick afk people, but i can guarantee that the most use that feature would get would be thanks to trolls.

picture it... Sicily 1986 (oh god...)

*you have joined the game*

"please do not camp the tunnels"

"hi, im new to the game"

*xxxx has been kicked from game*

*supah1337sniper_qu1ckscopeB3ast has joined the game*

*supah1337sniper_qu1ckscopeB3ast has been kicked from game*

"hey cool, i finally got that system BP that i have been farming days for"

However, it's a VOTE kick, a 2/3s rounded up means the other 3 would have to vote yes to kick the same person...

Vote kick = voting to kick

vote kick =/= host kicks whoever he wants

However, it's a VOTE kick, a 2/3s rounded up means the other 3 would have to vote yes to kick the same person...

Vote kick = voting to kick

vote kick =/= host kicks whoever he wants

you must be new to the interweb.

your under the assumption that trolls come one to a lobby.

all it takes is one person putting a tick next to a name to get others to do it.

i personally had that issue with ME3mp... get into a game only to get kicked cause your n7 is too high, or your weps are too good, or they didnt like your name and so on and so on.

you must be new to the interweb.

your under the assumption that trolls come one to a lobby.

all it takes is one person putting a tick next to a name to get others to do it.

i personally had that issue with ME3mp... get into a game only to get kicked cause your n7 is too high, or your weps are too good, or they didnt like your name and so on and so on.

However, you're talking about what, games with 10+ players? A game where it's harder to keep track of everyone?

ME3mp had 4 players to a lobby.

so, no, im not.

Hm, then I don't know what to say. But again, vote kick is needed, even if it's in the form of an AFK check that then allows a vote.

But still, I'm gonna say vote kick is the way to go, every system will have it's flaws.

No votekick? AFKs/trolokis/troll novas/trollbaun (with bounce)

Votekick? Sometimes people will be kicked that shouldn't be.

And this is the number one reason why I have my game set to Solo.

Because these people, these 'trolls', are so common that it's unavoidable that you will get at least one per game session.  And the sad part is that yes, you really can't stop any of them.  Because for every tool you make to control them, they figure out how to use against you.

The only solution I can figure out is to not be there to have to worry about them.  They can't hurt my game if I play alone, or with friends (And seeing as I have no one I know playing this game, that means Solo only.)

And this is the number one reason why I have my game set to Solo.

Because these people, these 'trolls', are so common that it's unavoidable that you will get at least one per game session.  And the sad part is that yes, you really can't stop any of them.  Because for every tool you make to control them, they figure out how to use against you.

That is such hyperbole, I rarely encounter trolls, maybe once every 20ish games, IDK for sure, but certainly not commonly, but that doesn't mean people who do find trolls should be forced to play with them.

That is such hyperbole, I rarely encounter trolls, maybe once every 20ish games, IDK for sure, but certainly not commonly, but that doesn't mean people who do find trolls should be forced to play with them.

Agreed. It happens incredibly rare for me encountering trolls.

Well, I don't start a game alone unless I don't mind to solo it. That's what clans and friend list are for right?
The moment you don't use the Private or Invite Only options you are exposing yourself to these kind of situations.

Even then most of Warframe's community members are decent enough to try.

Edited by NoOneEverSaid

Guys, this is silly. What do we need; a way to get rid of peopl. The reason why doesn't matter, it will always be dependent on the other players.

Just do like Spiral Knights, host (party leader) can kick, and change access to party at any given time.

Also you all seem to assume kicking is the kicked person losing all progress & rewards and returning to the main menu. Kicking can also be a forced 'host migration', forcing the kicked person into a party of his own.

AFK people suck, but I see many flaws with any kind of kicking, even if it's votekick.

When most people look at me, they see an Ash with a Scorpion Helmet, using Smoke Black and Saturated Red, with a sentinel that has a lot of aesthetic gear, and they say "PAY 2 WIN NOOB, U CANT DU SHET", and then tries to convince the rest of the lobby to kick me.

Fair. Fun.

Especially since every time this happens, I easily dominate the entire lobby by a landslide.

But I don't pay to win.

I pay for aesthetics

Scorpion Ash helm, crafted by me.

Ash, crafted by me.

And you best hope, not pointed at you.

*strum*

Guys, this is silly. What do we need; a way to get rid of peopl. The reason why doesn't matter, it will always be dependent on the other players.

Just do like Spiral Knights, host (party leader) can kick, and change access to party at any given time.

Also you all seem to assume kicking is the kicked person losing all progress & rewards and returning to the main menu. Kicking can also be a forced 'host migration', forcing the kicked person into a party of his own.

It's not only restricted to Spiral Knights lol. (Hellu fellow player xD). A lot of other games with the same system have it like that.

AFK people suck, but I see many flaws with any kind of kicking, even if it's votekick.

When most people look at me, they see an Ash with a Scorpion Helmet, using Smoke Black and Saturated Red, with a sentinel that has a lot of aesthetic gear, and they say "PAY 2 WIN NOOB, U CANT DU SHET", and then tries to convince the rest of the lobby to kick me.

Fair. Fun.

Especially since every time this happens, I easily dominate the entire lobby by a landslide.

But I don't pay to win.

I pay for aesthetics

Scorpion Ash helm, crafted by me.

Ash, crafted by me.

And you best hope, not pointed at you.

*strum*

I have the same. I only pay for items you cannot get without Platinum like Syandanas, slots, colours and that camo pack for Grineer weapons. 

Everything I have that I was able to get without Platinum I have crafted myself and grinded for really hard. Though at times you see people calling out "Pay2Win Noob" or something similar. This game feels far from P2W. Though I would have to say. They need to fix these slots restrictions. I hate how many weapons there are available but how little slots a free to play player has, it's just unfair imo.
Edited by R3leaZ

Things you can do when you meet such a player :

• Intentionnally fail the mission (it'll be quicker to start a new one, really and probably &!$$ that player off) since you'll deal with added forces without the required support anyway and you'll just be feeding a d**che;

• Do NOT continue to chat with said player during the game or after once it's made clear they're being unhelpful; such person is most of the time a troll as well and they literally get off of &!$$ing people off so let them rot in their own little egoistic world;

• Forfeit the mission (no one really cares about your quit rate anyway in a coop game; most people assume it's due to meeting those 'special breeds'). Also, by forfeiting, others might do the same after seeing the chat since they won't want to deal with all those enemies with only 50% strength;

• Report player once out of the game using the recent player list (if that person was insulting, harassing or otherwise agravating to a degree that a report feels appropriate).

A votekick will be abused to no end; there's no wishful thinking withstanding especially with the sheep syndrome of votekicking (one guy starts a votekick, most people will vote yes regardless of the 'who' or 'why').

A blacklist will help to keep those players away but you'll still need to deal with them at least once (see above for suggestions) but you'll be in the clear afterwards.

---

In my time in the game, I've only had to do so around 2-3 times; I've been lucky to not run into that kind of people since I mostly play with friends and clanmates.

Edited by Wiegraf