Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some of these newer players these days..

-Krux-

the reason is due to growing popularity , but also due to growing toxicity/failure of other games .

As an example anthem and destiny / ect issues and BS have caused many players to rebound and go to warframe .

that is the reason we get a lot of these new toxic/self entitled little snots that seem to be ever growing .

warframe as a game has stood the test of time over other franchises that release new titles every year, as well as those titles trying to compete with WF as they are not near the quality nor are they capable of handling the same situation wf has already pioneered

the majority player base is still non toxic and these newer players dont last long, given they have to work with others constantly , or else get an attitude adjustment 

its the attitude and self entitled "cater to me" vibe I've been getting from these new players that really has begun to irritate me . the same example of "extract now i wanna leave" that you encountered  and probably acting out and throwing a childish tantrum .

needless to say the frequency of this will only continue as more players join from sinking ship games, or the popularity for wf grows

well, when the game gets more famous it bounds to attract more toxic players. Good thing for warframe is that these people don´t usually stick around too long since this game is not a 5 hour and done game, too many things to google and learn which turns those people off usually.

However I don´t feel I encountered that many toxic players, not more than before. Maybe because I don´t use trade chat.

Edited by Horaciozhao

I have been playing for a bit over 3.5 maybe almost 4 years now. I have noticed that there are different types of everything from vets to noobs. As far as I have noticed most of the toxic behavior comes from for lack of a better term those with bloated Mr. You know the type grinds everything to paste just to make the number bigger thinking it makes them better, and thus they can down talk everyone but only knows very few weapons and frames in a very narrow perspective. Most of the time when encountering them I just apoligise to the other groop members. They should not have to deal with this. And it's just best to ignore toxic behavior it's more fun that way to as you can just watch them implode, or collapse under the weight of their bravado. 

I was in a group one time and the toxic player was saying we were in competent and that he could carry us all if he had to. (not their actual words). The vet of vets in the troop just pmed everyone and said let him. This was in the time b4 relics so we went off as a troop in dead end room and just watched as this guy started to struggle after 10 min.  LSS he wound up on his last leg and had to beg us to help him so he could keep the string of rare parts we were getting. A bit mean yes but sometimes a hard kick is needed to fix things.

8 hours ago, Darth_Predator said:

This is my first action after I install a new online game. I just go to an options and disable voice chat. Cause I mostly play those with friends... and we already have discrod server to begin with.

i forget warframe has voice chat since no one really uses it like in all my time playing this games ive encountered 3 people who used it 

It's been my experience that pretty much anyone that uses the in game voice chat is a D-bag by default. I have zero clues as to why that is, but yeah, I had to finally after all this time go in and turn it off recently. 99 out of 100 players are fantastic, but if you're farming something for a solid evening, you're bound to run into one anymore. I think that @EternaldrkMako hit the nail on the head with his assessment of the situation. Warframe just keeps on chugging along, and all the Anthem fanbois that couldn't see the writing on the wall from that obviously faked trailer release are winding up here now. Anyone that's been playing this game for long enough realizes that all things come in due time. The impatient or impudent are normally new, from my experience, and the best way to handle them is to stonewall ignore them. Hell, I've even been accused of being a bot recently, so I'll take that as a compliment.

met a rhino toxic guy, disrespect the excal and mocks the prime and say umbra is better because all you need is auto aimbot do your dirty work.  I shut him up pretty good for that when I pvp dojo battle.  toxic rhino noob try reported me to de, seem I am not banned because stated that I fought fair and this guy just all talk.

Then there is another toxic guy boasted how great their warframe is the best build and saying got copy from best builder frame when I look at their hp for I figure he is using a glass cannon build which all focus in strength, range, arcane and no healing, told him "Are you sure about that?" toxic guy boasted more trying insult and for claiming he is veteran now until he fell in W: EOS, then this guy said "I don't need your scrubby hand" when I am using my excal prime to show it I am founder and veteran but I still pick him up anyway even thou he still a boaster, 4 times already fall which counted 2 times he falls in 1 wave and 2nd 2 times again fall in the wave then he is blaming his team for not backing him up when he ran ahead into the group of enemies of bombarder and Nox.  Yea pretty much I forgot what this boaster said for no one want responding to him because everyone already hit the mute button on him even thou he type down words blaming the group.  For the truth, I think he went anger rage chatting to the guy's build who just showing just for guidance and he did state his build is a glass cannon build.

That is pretty much I had to remember so far during a couple of years ago and stuff.

Just now, ChaoticEdge said:

met a rhino toxic guy, disrespect the excal and mocks the prime and say umbra is better because all you need is auto aimbot do your dirty work. 

He's not entirely wrong about the auto aimbot thing in the context of Index.

• Like 1

Just now, Renegade343 said:

He's not entirely wrong about the auto aimbot thing in the context of Index.

when you disrespect excal, pretty much it depends on build and yes he was boasting hard with an R in it.  Still, I gave him a spanking.

3 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

the reason is due to growing popularity , but also due to growing toxicity/failure of other games .

As an example anthem and destiny / ect issues and BS have caused many players to rebound and go to warframe .

that is the reason we get a lot of these new toxic/self entitled little snots that seem to be ever growing .

warframe as a game has stood the test of time over other franchises that release new titles every year, as well as those titles trying to compete with WF as they are not near the quality nor are they capable of handling the same situation wf has already pioneered

the majority player base is still non toxic and these newer players dont last long, given they have to work with others constantly , or else get an attitude adjustment 

its the attitude and self entitled "cater to me" vibe I've been getting from these new players that really has begun to irritate me . the same example of "extract now i wanna leave" that you encountered  and probably acting out and throwing a childish tantrum .

needless to say the frequency of this will only continue as more players join from sinking ship games, or the popularity for wf grows

All of this.  It's something I've also noticed the past year of the 3 and half years that I've been playing.  

• Like 1

When I started playing in 2015 I stayed mostly solo. My first experiences going out of solo into pugs was not pleasant. Regulary belittled and insulted as I hadnt gotten all the best gear and was not familiar with the parkour system as intimately as other older users, didnt have all the damage system knowledge etc. Eventually I ran into better parts of the community and it was all roses from there 🙂

The toxicity, the poor behaviours, have always been around. As others have stated however, with more people comes more problems. It is not something that has only started coming about as a result of new players, the increase in players just brings more of it.

Don't interperet this the wrong way, I'm not saying the community has always been bad, nor am I saying the community now is bad, but I am definitely saying the bad behaviour has always been around. For only noticing and having to deal with it now though, thats awesome! Testament to how good the community really is IMO.

• Like 1

People play with mics?

That'd be the day I joined a public voice chat in ANY game....my god.

People on pc, who should know better, barely have any voip etiquette. I cant imagine what consoles are like. Especially in a free game. 

Don't base your opinion on voip. No one uses that except for the people you're trying to avoid.

• Like 1

I've seen toxic behavior in game. Mostly from people who are acting immature in multiple ways. If these same people end up speaking in voice it ends up that again most, are very young.

As a somewhat older player I can deal with this. Although it almost puts me in parental mode.

Where I see the most toxicity is here in the forums. A lot of it from the same people over and over. 

If you're a "vet" player you should have enough common sense to know that public match games are now meta mainstreamed, if you can't deal with that then play with friends and stay out of the public missions, people don't have time to watch someone play in the corner or try alternate tactics that go outside the box, not referring to TC directly, just some of the responses he's getting from people saying they are getting yelled at for doing things that might be appropriate for a 5 year old mindset that is exploring the game, seriously if your wisp and you put down a shock mote anywhere away from the defensive target you are wasting peoples time, if you take a slowva to any defensive mission you are wasting peoples time, if you don't wanna get yelled at again stay out of public, don't blame other people for the meta that DE has made with game.

CC is dead, its all about the DPS race now, no sense in slowing down a target you can kill twice as fast.

Edited by Knight_Ex

18 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

if you take a slowva to any defensive mission you are wasting peoples time

I actually dont mind slowvas when I play most defense missions because I tend to run a map covering AoE frame like Enox or Saryn. So it doesnt matter if they go quick, normal or slow aslong as the debuff is on the enemy. There are indeed some maps where it wont work, where the spawn points are further away at times. But it all depends on the map. It is lovely in arbitrations from time to time, just nuking everything that happens to be slowed with Saryn as the drones plus their connected friends come running in.

However it is risky to bring a slowva because if there isnt a map covering nuker things will die slowly. But then again, not bringing an AoE nuker to defense is just as bad.

On 2019-06-02 at 2:38 PM, -Krux- said:

This game, for as long as I've been here, has been praised for it's player base and friendly community.

Has anyone else noticed, since this game has become a little more well known, that there's been some toxic players here n there? I had a scrub, the other day, screaming at me over his mic and call my gf a b*tch (she was playing with me) because I didn't get to extraction soon enough for him.

I know people are going to say to just report him, but I'm not recording everything I do but whatever - it was a sad little guy that I can happily ignore. But I can't imagine seeing any CoD MLG types on this game from 6 years ago up to 3 or even 2 years ago. Not saying this game is littered with them, but this kind of experience was unheard of.

Anyone else bump into any toxicity recently or at all?

The player base is solid, always has been and I hope it continues that way. Outliers like this #$&(% canoe really are the exception. I can still remember the last time someone actually properly insulted me and it was right after Vauban dropped and I didn't have a clue what to do with him.    

The good thing about the majority of these players is that they are only at the extremes of the player pool. They're either fairly new or extremely veteran. On the new end it's the CoD kiddies. They probably have no idea what the game is really about and can be easily laughed off. You are probably always carrying the team if you're playing with pugs so you can throw kill count or damage done in their face if needed. Or jsut take your sweet time. At the veteran end you have the people who get salty when a run isn't optimal. You probably know these people and chose to group with them. You probably did a few LoR speed runs with them. You know who you are  O.o  

The only real problem I see is the attitude towards female players. The worst interactions I've seen in this game (and a few others) have been when some 12yr old realizes that there's a girl in the squad and their hormones go into overdrive. I don't understand the mentality but they usually get super toxic. Ever played a shooter and seen a team of teenage boys get repeatedly steamrolled by a squad with a girl in it? They go insane! Everything from sandwich jokes to rape threats. I've seen girls leave clans because members wouldn't leave them alone even after their more obscene friends were kicked. It's pretty cringy. 

Stick with it tho. Maybe turn off in game voice when you play pub or simply mute them. If they're being a twatwaffle in chat report them. 

I will simply state, asses will be asses. Doesn't matter how long they spend in the game or their skill level, an ass is going to act like one.

So these kind of threads are pretty dumb overall.

On 2019-06-02 at 9:38 PM, -Krux- said:

This game, for as long as I've been here, has been praised for it's player base and friendly community.

Has anyone else noticed, since this game has become a little more well known, that there's been some toxic players here n there? I had a scrub, the other day, screaming at me over his mic and call my gf a b*tch (she was playing with me) because I didn't get to extraction soon enough for him.

I know people are going to say to just report him, but I'm not recording everything I do but whatever - it was a sad little guy that I can happily ignore. But I can't imagine seeing any CoD MLG types on this game from 6 years ago up to 3 or even 2 years ago. Not saying this game is littered with them, but this kind of experience was unheard of.

It's always the trash players that are extremely toxic in game 🤣

On 2019-06-03 at 5:14 AM, -Krux- said:

Ugh...dude, the joy I would get out of blasting an a**hole in the face and leaving him there while he screams on his mic would be ecstasy.

1) Build Komorex

2) Mod it for Radiation

3) Zoom to the second level

4) Shoot near your feet

5) Get Rad procced

6) .....

7) GROFIT

On 2019-06-02 at 9:51 PM, xV3NOMx said:

There are instances where Players think their time is more important than others on "Public" server missions.

I have experienced many different types of Players on Warframe and learn to simply ignore the "Toxic" Players by not enabling my in-game voice chat or by simply click the "ignore" chat function.

[ Sometimes, I wish there was a method to go "Hostile" against another Player in-game to kill them when they have become bothersome, similar to "Diablo 2" game function on multi-player servers.]

Purposely TK'ing a player when he's simply bad mouthing? That seems childish to respond like that, just tell him to get f**** and ignore him. All TK'ing is going to do is commence a battle between you and him and not playing with the rest of the team.

Plus these types of threads are redundant and only lead to flame wars between people who advocate for respecting other players and people who advocate to growing a pair. Waiting on mods to delete.

On 2019-06-02 at 1:38 PM, -Krux- said:

the last year or so has been kind of hell compaired to how the game was when i first started, it was like 2-3 people EVER for the first 2ish years i played the game, now its every 5-10 missions.

its normally people complaining because i'm playing a frame they dont agree with, like running frost/mag in spy missions, or even sometimes playing a kill frame on hydron, people lose their minds.

Between this and streaming i just play with my voice chat off now, life is a lot better when they are just screaming into the void xD

On 2019-06-03 at 3:56 PM, Talinthis said:

Wait where is the online game with no toxicity? I wanna try it!

used to be this one, sorry you're late. It's still better off than other games in comparison.

On 2019-06-03 at 4:38 PM, Knight_Ex said:

If you're a "vet" player you should have enough common sense to know that public match games are now meta mainstreamed, if you can't deal with that then play with friends and stay out of the public missions, people don't have time to watch someone play in the corner or try alternate tactics that go outside the box, not referring to TC directly, just some of the responses he's getting from people saying they are getting yelled at for doing things that might be appropriate for a 5 year old mindset that is exploring the game, seriously if your wisp and you put down a shock mote anywhere away from the defensive target you are wasting peoples time, if you take a slowva to any defensive mission you are wasting peoples time, if you don't wanna get yelled at again stay out of public, don't blame other people for the meta that DE has made with game.

CC is dead, its all about the DPS race now, no sense in slowing down a target you can kill twice as fast.

I would disagree with a lot of that, but to specify to vet players....yeah, as long as you know better. But you are going to walk into those experiences regardless with newer players who don't know better. It's a public match and like you said, if you can't deal with that than stay out of public matches. I don't disagree with you, though in terms of vets. Just that you're going to see it anyway..

Also I wouldn't call CC "dead". There are absurdly high level enemies you could be fighting (endurance runs) and you must spec for CC. If you're playing true endgame, DPS won't help you. Typical runs, yeah dps, but it's always been that way..