Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some of these newer players these days..

-Krux-

I'm a new player, but I don't give advice or opinion unless I am asked and know the answer perfectly.
When I'm in a group with such people I pretend I don't know english and most of the times almost solo the mission while they are spilling s*it for no reason. 

5 hours ago, Spectre-8 said:

Except noone is forcing you to join these groups and noone is forcing the META upon you .

Let's be honest people that complain about ""being forced to play the meta ""in any game are just toxic casuals .

That isnt what he's saying though.

And the people that do complain about "being forced to play meta" are actually the non-toxic crowd. Those that actually understand that a PuG wont be meta focused, except for that one guy that thinks meta should be applied everywhere and tries to "force" it on PuG through "reeeee! Hulk-geek smash puny funhavers!".

Speaking your mind regarding the rage from toxic people in PuGs is not toxic in itself. The toxicity is simply part of those raging few that cannot grasp the simple concept of the difference between PuGs and Pre-Mades.

PuG = Anything goes, dont rage if it isnt meta

Pre-Made = Anything that was agreed upon goes, rage all you want it the agreed upon meta isnt followed.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

That isnt what he's saying though.

And the people that do complain about "being forced to play meta" are actually the non-toxic crowd. Those that actually understand that a PuG wont be meta focused, except for that one guy that thinks meta should be applied everywhere and tries to "force" it on PuG through "reeeee! Hulk-geek smash puny funhavers!".

Speaking your mind regarding the rage from toxic people in PuGs is not toxic in itself. The toxicity is simply part of those raging few that cannot grasp the simple concept of the difference between PuGs and Pre-Mades.

PuG = Anything goes, dont rage if it isnt meta

Pre-Made = Anything that was agreed upon goes, rage all you want it the agreed upon meta isnt followed.

Noone is forcing you to do anything you can form your own group in any game and play by your rules .

Only the toxic casuals complain about being forced to play the meta .

1 hour ago, Spectre-8 said:

Noone is forcing you to do anything you can form your own group in any game and play by your rules .

Only the toxic casuals complain about being forced to play the meta .

You obviously dont get it. The complaints are made regarding people complaining in PuGs that people arent PuGing with meta setups. Of course no one can force you, yet people are trying to by complaining at people in PuGs. Thus people feel "forced" into meta to avoid the toxic people ranting in PuGs.

And if you think you are anything but casual in WF you need to wake up and smell the coffee.

edit: And yes you are correct, you can form your own group to fit your own rules. That is why ranting in PuGs because you expect meta from everyone is so silly and in the end toxic. Want meta? Go with a pre-made.

Edited by SneakyErvin

I've been mostly playing Solo for years now but one thing I've noticed is Players helping Players has gotten pretty dull.

No offense to new players but in comparison to Void key days and before the conversations are not thought provoking or much of a learning experience for anyone involved. I almost never see questions about the game itself and it's mechanics. It's all what amp, this Riven or that Riven, how much is this worth.

I can't blame the players as I mentioned. The game doesn't ask them to learn much about it or such basic questions wouldn't come up.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bregastor said:

Warframe is a PvE based game, that is why toxic behaviors is way lower compared to other games. 

In WoW toxicity in PvE is increasing cause lately Blizzard has this clow attitude to force Esports in everyone throat and when you create an E sport, people will take that as a reference on "how to play" and META, trying to force it even in the most face roll content. 

As a fairly new player here I did not find the same behaviors, probably  few times someone wrote something but that is probably 1 case every 200.

What I think can create toxic behaviors in this game is the fact that leechers are not punished in any way in this game. 

Afk hide in ESO not even resurrecting the nuker if he dies? Rewarded by getting the most exp. 

Go ruin Eidolon for others hoping to get carried? Rewarded, with same loot as others that were trying to be helpful. 

Go with 3 leveling weapons in sortie? Rewarded, while others do the work. 

There are ton of attitudes that are tolerated in this game that are frustrating. And no, playing solo should not be the "go to" excuse to ruin experience on others. 

And before people think I hate new players, there is a difference between the person that afk 99% and do something just to avoid afk tag, and the poor new player with Boltor that shoot 4 magazine trying to kill one enemy. I will gladly help the second player, the first one should be kicked and lose all of his exp and rewards. 

Listen.. I think you're at a crossroads between going down the wrong path of thinking everyone should be playing at the same level knowledge and equipment as you in every match you're in (that's never going to happen, vets happen, scrubs happen) and the right path - a part of you seems to want to help some players.

Before you get any other ideas - "Ruining Eidolon for others hoping to get carried", LOTS of players are getting carried on Eidelon hunting. Guess what, it's Earth, it's for new players. It has "high level content" that's not immediately welcoming to new players. And that's perfectly fine because that's how they learn and that's how vets and new players come together. Learn patience. If you don't think you're team has enough competent players, leave squad, try again. 9 times out of 10 for me (just my personal experience) my public squad operates just fine while we carry 1 or 2 people.

I'm not discounting any "afk behavior" you seem to encounter, I don't think I literally ever see that but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Personally, I'd reach out to those players to see what they need and what they need help with. They're not personally attacking you, they're not taking anything away from you.. It's like how you started off saying, "It's a PvE game".

This isn't WoW.

7 hours ago, -Krux- said:

Delete for the sake of space 

No dude, I don't expect people to be all equal gear or equal game knowledge I states pretty clearly that I have no problem being helpful if a see someone that is struggling because is new. 

The attitude I specifically hate is the "who cares other will do the work for me". 

Talking about Eidolon:

I accept new players there BUT, joining those mission as Inaros or Ember and sit on Archwing while others new player struggle to do the work you are not doing is such a toxic behavior you are really asking to be insulted. (some of those leave when they see the carry is not fast enough). 

I was new in Eidolon Hunt too? Ofc I was but the first time I joined an Eidolon I had Oberon cause I informed myself and I knew it could help other player since I had a bad amp. I had large energy pizzas for team, and leveled up focus school in Eso a little to be more helpful. 

You see, there is a difference between being new and being careless. Even as a new player you can do a little bit of research BEFORE joining something new. 

I don't care if someone is useless as long as they try and play. 

I know is a PvE game and also most things are easy doable solo with 3 afk if you are geared and that is why I rarely say anything when I meet this careless behavior and keep going my own way. 

Is just the attitude that I found irritating, probably you are right talking about WoW mentality, maybe I would not notice those attitude if I did not have the "WoW team conception" 

Edited by Bregastor

5 hours ago, Bregastor said:

Talking about Eidolon:

I accept new players there BUT, joining those mission as Inaros or Ember and sit on Archwing while others new player struggle to do the work you are not doing is such a toxic behavior you are really asking to be insulted. (some of those leave when they see the carry is not fast enough). 

If you use amesha healing, that's quite helpful I guess

Thread has failed to remain constructive and respectful.

Meta-complaints which are complaining about how other users act or how they play the game, are not helpful and offer no constructive feedback.

If they are being rude and insulting, report them to support.

Closing.

• Like 1