Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Warframe Really That Bad?

Hazmatzone

Warframe isn't perfect, in fact it's got a bunch of flaws and it's missing a lot of content/changes until it finally feels like a solid game.

Yet I think we're going overboard with the complaints a bit, today I actually saw people wanting refunds for the money they've spent playing warframe. First off I think that idea is silly, if you're given a free ice cream cone but decide that you want to spend money to add sprinkles and chocolate to it but then after you add those the ice cream tastes nasty you are not entitled to a refund.

Anyways back on subject, personally I'm kinda new to the video game thing, 2007 was my first year playing a F2P computer game, so I won't say I've played everything or that I'm a master critic. Although I think I've played enough games to be able to say that there isn't many out there that are as amazing as Warframe.

-No P2W:

I've played so many games that just don't realize that this can easily break a game no matter how good it is. Just look at SWTOR

-Decent RNG:

I see RNG being complained about just about every day, alright I see the big deal. Yea there's a lot of it, just about everything is dictated by RNG and this needs to be lessened in my opinion as well. Yet when it comes to obtaining things from the RNG system it's basically a piece of cake compared to other games. Vindictus is one game that comes to mind, the game had a good deal of it dictated by RNG as well like enhancing and drops from grinding. Unlike Warframe though you could spend years grinding just to receive something so you can progress in power and do higher level stuff.

-Frequent updates:

Content is the backbone of every F2P game, people say "oh stop new content and revisit old stuff" but that might not be the best strategy because there are people who think old stuff is fine or just plain don't care. Like me personally I don't care about UI or HUD, you give me a bad UI you give me a good UI doesn't make much difference to me, but if you give me a gun or a true storymode with cutscenes and all the trimmings then I'll be in a state of Euphoria for days . BLR was a game that started off really well with 1 big update with lots of new content every month, they stopped doing this though and had a period of no update for 3 months. Let's just say players didn't stick around for more than 1 month.

-Constant hotfixes:

Yea they make mistakes, and some of them are really obvious ones, but they always do something about their mistakes until they get it right. Unlike other mmos out there where people will complain about the same bug for months to years without anything being done about it. Gotham City Impostors was a game like this, that had terrible optimization to the point where I never got into a game, if you check the forums they've got a pinned thread dedicated to trying to solve their connection issues but it's been a year and there has been NOTHING done about it, not even a response from their staff, if you call their customer service number you'll spend an hour talking to a robot and end out with no progression at all.

So in short for all the "TL;DR" people.

TL;DR: The game may not be perfect, but compared to so many other mmos out there you're probably not going to find anything much better. You're free to try but if you're complaining about things like bugs in warframe or not enough communication then yeaaaa good luck to you, but I think you'll be back. ;)

Edited by Hazmatzone

I feel so special to be mention here. Look at how many constructive posts came from my little rant though. I'm not alone in my rage. Am I really going to demand my money back? No. But things need to change. And if you can't see any problems, you really aren't looking very hard.

Warframe isn't bad. It has been flirting with design incoherence in recent months, and I totally disagree that this game's RNG is ok just because there are far worse.

I think warframe is that particular kind of inspired-but-deeply-flawed that causes people to get angry, because it's so close to brilliant.

If something profoundly mediocre like SWTOR tanks, most people have the basic taste to realise there was nothing remotely unique about it and good riddance to soulless rubbish. WF's got a personality and people can get really attached to it.

Just sit back and don't force yourself to try and enjoy S#&$ that is manifestly broken at the time :]

I feel so special to be mention here. Look at how many constructive posts came from my little rant though. I'm not alone in my rage. Am I really going to demand my money back? No. But things need to change. And if you can't see any problems, you really aren't looking very hard.

Oh trust me I see problems, and in my post I mention several of them. Some things need to change and they're working on it 1 step at a time instead of big hops at a time. Yet the thing is there are people who are just going a bit overboard, I was pretty sure you weren't demanding your money back, infact I was positive you weren't going to get anything back. Ask for changes, give criticisms and do rants but sometimes we need to look at the glass as half full instead of half empty because in 1 year they've done more than ALOT of mmos have done in 10 years.

Is Warframe really that great?  Maybe today, tommorrow, I don't know.  Really, movement is what sets Warframe apart, mechanically, from other games.  Yet, DE takes the heart of the game and just stomps it to S#&$ on a whim because stamina must be signficant all of a sudden even if it's new found significance is achieved via persistent pain in the balls.

For Fracks Sakes, Warframe has nightmare modes.  WARFRAME HAS NIGHTMARE MODES.  Yet, in the pursuit of "um, lets see how painful I can make this", NO ONE THOUGHT OF NIGHTMARE MODE.

So, you tell me if a game can be great when the developers pull this S#&$ out of their brain cavities and dump it on us.  Then tell me if you are talking about great fun or GREAT PAIN IN THE BALLS.

P.S.  WARFRAME HAS NIGHTMARE MODES

Edited by ThePresident777

this ^ Just because something is worse, doesn't mean something else that's not as bad is automatically ok.

At least we knew where we stood previously. Go to xini, get your mods.

Now we have the blind leading the blind. With no indication of where to farm at what level for specific mods, it is a little mean just to expect us to work it out for ourselves.

Not to mention that in many cases, RNG just feels plain mean to the point where you have to play the game in increments to prevent yourself from giving up completely.

At least we knew where we stood previously. Go to xini, get your mods.

Now we have the blind leading the blind. With no indication of where to farm at what level for specific mods, it is a little mean just to expect us to work it out for ourselves.

Not to mention that in many cases, RNG just feels plain mean to the point where you have to play the game in increments to prevent yourself from giving up completely.

Yup, exactly. WF's rng can be awful at times, but I'm sure there are worse games, i.e. vindictus, a friend plays, and I think (not sure) there are raids you can go on like once a day, and the item you want from it drops at like a 1.1% chance AFTER the drop rate was buffed, however that doesn't mean just because vindictus is clearly worse that warframe's RNG can't be bad too.

(although, once they fixed the crafting costs of OD keys, I really liked the farm for nekros, there was always a BP rewards, but there was still "grind" to it (for newer players and older players) because of the nav coords (but those drop from any mission), I'd like to see the grind moved in that direction really, nekros can be farmed with a group of 3 other friends (maybe even just 2 others) fairly fast.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

Things can have good and bad parts at the same time. It's about what side is tronger than the other. Do you love the gameplay enough to not get sick of the griiiind? Good for you, the next bloke might not however.

And RNG is bad.. there are better and more profitable systems. RNG based systems are anachronistic as F*** and make me think of the horrible grindy F2Ps of the past. Main reason why I feel like Warframe is old game, even though it is not. It feels like DE completely missed the developement in F2Ps over the past few years, maybe the memo got lost on its way somewhere.

Edited by LocoWithGun

this ^ Just because something is worse, doesn't mean something else that's not as bad is automatically ok.

I agree, as it is right now RNG is the only thing that's really driving the game. Take a closer look at things though and you'll notice that DE is still experimenting with the RNG system, right now DE doesn't really know what it wants and is just doing trial and error. Look at the weekend event spam they we're doing during the summer and all the different types. Then look at all the RNG changes like tables 2.0 and the more recent ones like the new system for obtaining Nekros(most people are getting him in under 10 runs while it used to take other warframes anywhere from 1-100). It's still in beta so changes are happening in just about every aspect of the game...it's just taking way longer than it should.

You know with all these threads about Warframe going to hell,the devs must be scared to the bone.

I love this game even if it has flaws,but thats why we are here: to test it and help it grow up.

With our suggestions,ideas or for some people: donations.

Its not sure if this game is ready to go out from the beta phase but in my opinion its not.

Lets keep it up with the dev/players relations because thats the only way this game will be able to grow up.

I agree, as it is right now RNG is the only thing that's really driving the game.

That's akin to saying: "This pipe I have lodged in my chest after the crash is preventing me from bleeding out, so there's no need to go the hospital and get it fixed."

And that's why DE should work faster at this... since sooner or later they're gonna bleed out anyway.

Edited by LocoWithGun

Warframe isn't bad, in fact it is mostly good but the Mutagen Sample disaster is something that they simply need to revert. I mean firstly, if they wanted us to play those missions a lot? Then why put a huge limitation in front of them and they also moved  one of the most important dojo materai behind it to enforce that thought but what they forgot is that 99,8% of the playerbase was going to play the heck out of the missions anyway since the Derelict tileset is cool. I know I would have.

Yeah they are not perfect and yeah they have time to fix their errors but as of now, it seems they aren't going to do so which really is killing the game for me. Every time after I heard about the horrible change I mentioned before, I haven't been able to enjoy Warframe at all as simply looking at the map I remember the good ol' relaxing times when the game was fun and not frustrating because of some very questionable design choices and now I just can't feel the happiness I used to get from this game. This may mean that my time in Warframe has come to an end, as heartbreaking as it is to say but I just can't play a game that used to be good but got ruined and frustrating.

I remember a well known series who killed themselves for me, yeah CoD. Used to be a good series all the way to MW 1, after that it has been a slowly dying series and interest towards the series until I finally said to myslef: " You know what? This game series is a lost cause, just stop buying it anymore. "

I don't wish the same fate to Warframe but if this is the direction they will take then so be it. I know a lot of people hate the change to Mutagen Masses, a majority does and if the developers are so stubborn then they will see when the masses finally step up and leave.

The game isn't at all bad. It's very good. However, it's without purpose. There's no real reason to continue playing because the current ultimate goal of the game is getting all available player content. You're not actually progressing for any specific reason because there's no story being told and the missions are extremely repetitive.

Warframe isn't bad, in fact it is mostly good but the Mutagen Sample disaster is something that they simply need to revert. I mean firstly, if they wanted us to play those missions a lot? Then why put a huge limitation in front of them and they also moved  one of the most important dojo materai behind it to enforce that thought but what they forgot is that 99,8% of the playerbase was going to play the heck out of the missions anyway since the Derelict tileset is cool. I know I would have.

Yeah they are not perfect and yeah they have time to fix their errors but as of now, it seems they aren't going to do so which really is killing the game for me. Every time after I heard about the horrible change I mentioned before, I haven't been able to enjoy Warframe at all as simply looking at the map I remember the good ol' relaxing times when the game was fun and not frustrating because of some very questionable design choices and now I just can't feel the happiness I used to get from this game. This may mean that my time in Warframe has come to an end, as heartbreaking as it is to say but I just can't play a game that used to be good but got ruined and frustrating.

+10000000000000000

I wish I knew why the computer gaming industry has such a poor idea of what a game is and what motivates people to play games.  The computer gaming industry seems to prefer compulsion over fun.

warframe is awesome but its slowly sliding down , lower and lower , very slowly

however devs get reminded from time to time that they made this game for us

and its nice to see that they realize that without us this game will be gone in days(from the recent dev post)

so hopefully they will take more of the things we want into consideration

so no warframe is not bad at all , but its on the edge sometimes