Echoes of Duviri: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plague star

Hi, 

I was just wondering if Plague star is an event that requires a lot of time playing to get all what it has (arcanes-zaws), i saw that in the past it was only a 10-12 days event. Anyone who has done it before can tell if you can access all rewards just by playing a bit or you gotta hard farm it like thermia fractures etc... thanks for info. 

Image result for arigato gif

Everytime this comes around someone finds a good technique to destroy the main "boss" in the end fight, and then it subsequently gets nerfed for that. Which just makes the fight tedious. I have heard people say it's easier to solo it and do the parts before the boss, then go back to cetus and re-get the mission, ad nauseum. 

And yea the first time it came around it wasn't just a weekend. I was at my parents' house and farmed for days for enough hemocyte or whatever to get our clan a gold statue, and my boyfriend could only join in helping me when we were back at his home where his computer was.

Man I farmed that to an exhausting amount.

for fastest event standing what you want is to get a team that will be wanting to run with just the Eidolon Phylaxis in the mixer as this will get you 3k standing fastest
while you can use the Infested Catalyst  to get another 3k standing but in the time you do that while fighting the 4 hemocytes you could have ran 2 or 3 more phlaxis runs.

doing this way will speed up your earnings, wont make you burn out on warframe an is a pretty good time efficient way of doing the event

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HatedByLifeItself said:

All i wanted to know, thanks for info. Image result for arigato gif

Yeah.. if you're just after the plague zaw parts it will take like an afternoon. And not a whole afternoon. I got the mods, the plague parts, plus a few extra, and 2 sets of arcanes and i only played the event for a few days last time.

7 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Everytime this comes around someone finds a good technique to destroy the main "boss" in the end fight, and then it subsequently gets nerfed for that.

Please don't tell me they fixed Titania nuking the Hemocyte at some point.

I just wasted a Saturday and 10 forma for that 😞 

7 hours ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

for fastest event standing what you want is to get a team that will be wanting to run with just the Eidolon Phylaxis in the mixer as this will get you 3k standing fastest
while you can use the Infested Catalyst  to get another 3k standing but in the time you do that while fighting the 4 hemocytes you could have ran 2 or 3 more phlaxis runs.

doing this way will speed up your earnings, wont make you burn out on warframe an is a pretty good time efficient way of doing the event

That simply isnt true.

You are forgetting that you need to go through the most tedius part 2 times over for the same standing as 1 full run grants, a run that barely takes a minute longer with the right equipment. So while you think that the run with just one Hemocyte is faster, it really isnt.

It doesnt become faster unless you are at an extremely poor gear level, to the point where the 3 extra Hemocytes would take as much time as defending the mixer i.e 3 minutes or 1 minute per Hemocyte.

Lets say a 1 Hemo run takes 5 minutes and a 4 hemo run takes 6. That means in a timespan of 30 minutes you would have done 6 runs and the full clear would have done 5.

You also dont get 3k standing with just the Phylaxis, you get 2k and then 3k if you pop all of the stuff into the mixer. So you are looking at.

6 x 2000 = 12k standing

5 x 3000 = 15k standing.

And the more runs you do, the further behind the "quick" runs will fall. 6k behind after an hour, 12k behind after two and so on.

So the simply solution is.

1. Equip Mag or Oberon, alternatively Titania

2. Equip a high rate of fire crit corrosive modded weapon. Pyrana is great because it also deals its massive damage through pellets, avoiding the Cytes damage cap. Use corrosive Dex Pixia with Titania.

3. Toss all stuff into the mixer.

4. Strip the armor of the Cyte if you picked Mag or Oberon. Augmented Crush obviously for Mag for a 4+4+3 combo or a 2+4/2+4+4 combo for Oberon. Casting combo for Oberon depends on your strength. For me it is 2+4+4 since I dont have strength for 70% armor strip or corrosive projection equipped.

5. Profit.

8 hours ago, Firetempest said:

Sounds like 575 too many.

Sounds like someone don't understand people might want to get as much forma as possible, which will require a LOT of these.

On my side I have 550 of each.