Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

I Think My Carrier Is Bugged.

IronRushBR

On both my accounts yes,  on one account I only have Guardian and Vaccum equipped, so its using it is skills a lot yet fails to gain any xp so stuck at level 6.  On my main account it has most of the main skills equipped but again has stopped gaining levels at level 12 I think it is.

My Carrier gets kills, doesn't die during missions, and uses Guardian/Vacuum plenty. But assuming for a moment that he didn't do any of that, he would still rank up from Affinity pickups alone - very slowly, but it would happen.

The xp bar on my Carrier hasn't moved a millimeter in two days and probably 50 missions of varying difficulty. I've gotten a dozen ranks on two frames and three weapons during that same time period.

Clearly something is hindering Carrier's progress. I hope it gets resolved soon.

Edited by vergol

One problem the carrier has is that his signature skill, vacuum, costs 0 energy, and, thus, gives 0 exp. I'm *glad* it costs 0 energy(would be inconsistent and kind of worthless, otherwise), but I can see how this causes issues.

With that in mind, you have to realize that he'll always be one of the slower sentinels to level. He seems to be getting along a lot faster than my wyrm did(that thing took 2 months to max), but he's not going to be anywhere near as zippy as dethcube or shade.

It IS a bug. Went and ran several missions with Carrier at almost rank 20,got NO XP (Bar in exactly the same place)

I relogged,ran ONE mission,and the bar is still in the same place,but he is rank 20.

Pretty sad that Carrier is only rank 20 and yet his gun is rank 30.

If you let him kill enemies for you Carrier gets no xp itself.

If you run in and use your frames abilities to nuke a room Carrier will not get any xp.

If Carrier is not alive at extraction Carrier gets no xp.

The weapon gains xp from different sources and shared sources of Carrier which is why it levels faster.

Try running without his attack precept equipped and not use your frames abilities to kill anything. Or even just melee the heck out of a mission and keep him out of any gas clouds, explosions, ect. Run as if you weren't using the sweeper or vacuum and aren't expecting it to do the work for you(this will make it feel quicker and smoother than if you go in expecting Carrier to be a partner and not "Just a support device").

Nyahnah using Vaccum/Guardian it gets or is supposed to get xp every time it successfully uses those mods.  I use the Soma and Rifle mutation mod so it is picking up ammo left and right yet it fails to gain any xp.  Support has looked at my account and it is getting xp, yes ok but it's not getting the amount it should

Vaccum top left / Guardian top right

So it should be getting xp every single mission I do due to those 2 mods but it's not and it is Not dying