Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A list of Warframe abilities that are currently obsolete

Blexander

On 2019-06-03 at 11:44 AM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Enthrall- garbage

You mean Revenant itself ye?

here are mine (I'm not considering Augments, because if an ability needs an augment to be good, that means the ability has problems)

• Ash 1 and 4 (controller)
  • Atlas 2 and 4
  • Banshee 1, 2 and 4
  • Baruuk 1 or 3 (depends on what you want)
  • Chroma 1 and 4
  • Ember
  • Equinox (day) 2
  • Equinox (night) 3
  • Excalibur 3
  • Frost 1
  • Gara 3
  • Hildryn 2 (on infested)
  • Hydroid 2
  • Mag 3 (on infested)
  • Mesa 1
  • Mirage 2
  • Nekros 1 and 4
  • Nyx 1 2 and 4
  • Revenant existence 
  • Rhino 1
  • Titania 1, 2 and 3
  • Trinity 1
  • Valkyr 1
  • Vauban 1 and 2
  • Wukong
  • Zephyr 1, 2, 4

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (NSW)Kokojo said:

• Ash 1 and 4 (controller)
  • Atlas 2 and 4
  • Banshee 1, 2 and 4
  • Baruuk 1 or 3 (depends on what you want)
  • Chroma 1 and 4
  • Ember
  • Equinox (day) 2
  • Equinox (night) 3
  • Excalibur 3
  • Frost 1
  • Gara 3
  • Hildryn 2 (on infested)
  • Hydroid 2
  • Mag 3 (on infested)
  • Mesa 1
  • Mirage 2
  • Nekros 1 and 4
  • Nyx 1 2 and 4
  • Revenant existence 
  • Rhino 1
  • Titania 1, 2 and 3
  • Trinity 1
  • Valkyr 1
  • Vauban 1 and 2
  • Wukong
  • Zephyr 1, 2, 4

And here I thought this list wouldn't have more than, maybe, 10-15 abilities, but THIS AMOUNT?...
Yeah, there's no possible way to balance this many frames to the current meta. The enemies need to be rebalanced.

Also, I edit the list in tomorrow, after a few more people add their opinions.

37 minutes ago, Blexander said:

And here I thought this list wouldn't have more than, maybe, 10-15 abilities, but THIS AMOUNT?...
Yeah, there's no possible way to balance this many frames to the current meta. The enemies need to be rebalanced.

Also, I edit the list in tomorrow, after a few more people add their opinions.

Most of them are numbers/ mechanics tweaking.

do we include passives ? if so, then...

• Ash : technically none, but some of his abilities are quite underwhelming without augments.
  • Atlas : 2 is a useless, dated joke that has almost no purpose and feels completely out of place. 4 could be good, but the mix of awful ai and terrible damage allow it to make it here.
  • Banshee : Silence is pretty dull, and her 4, while not awful, is very dated, leaving her defenseless while you're casting it.
  • Chroma : doesn't have a passive. His 1 is absolutely atrocious, and his 4 is pretty damn bad.
  • Ember : passive is hilariously bad with her current kit, could be good if she ever gets reworked to be able to light herself on fire. Also, fireball is god awful.
  • Equinox : none, but the passive could be significantly more generous (say, something like 30-40% instead of 10).
  • Excalibur : radial javelin is a useless relic from an older time, and it shows : miserable damage, high cost, and all-around pointless.
  • Frost : that passive... god damn that passive. i don't even know what to say. the rest of his abilities range from average to great, but freeze is pretty ''meh''.
  • Gara : spectrorage does everything your 4 does, but slower, in a more restrictive manner, all while not contributing to your HUGE numbers in any way. 
  • Garuda : nothing, but her passive needs to reward you more for the risk you put yourself in.
  • Harrow : nothing. that's... kinda that.
  • Hildryn : haven is way too expensive for what it does, and it barely even does anything to begin with.
  • Hydroid : technically none, but MY GOD is he boring.
  • Inaros : sandstorm is completely unnecessary on someone like inaros, thanks to his absurd base stats. You do NOT need a ''get out of there'' ability on this guy.
  • Ivara : none, none whatsoever.
  • Khora : technically nothing, but her 3 is only really useful in healing form, so i guess there's that.
  • Limbo : rift surge, but only without its augment, as it goes from a 3/10 to a 9/10 with that change,
  • Loki : wall latch is only useful for riven challenges. decoy is... niche at best, and switch teleport really needs to be standardized with the other abilities that do the same thing.
  • Mag : her passive is just... just sad. the rest is mostly fine.
  • Mesa : Ballistic battery is only good for memes. otherwise, it's entirely useless.
  • MIrage : i don't know much about her, so i can't really tell.
  • nekros : soul punch is 100% useless. that is all. the augment is fun, but not really all that useful.
  • Nezha : nothing (pablo be praised)
  • Nidus : nothing (same as above)
  • Nova : everything is amazing, except the passive, which might be one of the WORST out there.
  • Nyx : Mind control, but solely thanks to the quality of friendly ais. as for absorb, it's bad, even with the augment.
  • Oberon : has a passive called ''beastmaster'' in a game where there is now an ACTUAL beastmaster frame. Also, it's just awful.
  • Octavia : nothing.
  • Revenant : the passive would be fantastic on literally ANY other frame (except rhino), but is completely useless on him. Enthrall is a lot of text for not much effect, and has been that way since his release (also, it's catastrophically buggy right now, which certainly doesn't help).
  • RHino : much like nova, everything is great... except the passive, which might as well not exist.
  • Saryn : nothing.
  • Trinity : the passive is really underwhelming. Fitting, but it needs better numbers.
  • Titania : the passive is completely useless, and tribute's buffs are, for the most part, entirely inconsequential.
  • Valkyr : ripline was cute back in 2013, but the game has changed... slightly. just a bit.
  • Vauban : Everything that isn't the passive or bastille.
  • Volt : the passive is only good for fishing spear runs, which aren't exactly the figurehead of the meta. everything else is good.
  • Wisp : nothing.
  • Wukong : everything that isn't defy. that passive is NOT gonna age well.
  • Zephyr : airburst is awful, while the tornadoes are obnoxious and unreliable.
Edited by JohnLemon123
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnLemon123 said:

do we include passives ?

No, but your addition to the thread is appreciated. I can use this for when I make one for passives specifically, since they're in a weird place. They either don't impact the game at all, or have such a small buff that it's unnoticeable.

Edited by Blexander

If we're talking purely about obsolete.

Iron Jab, meleeing is better.

Defy, immortality isn't needed, already very easy to survive relevant content.

Cloudwalker, no explanation needed.

Primal Fury, melee weapons are better.

Oh wait...

3 hours ago, JohnLemon123 said:

• Limbo : rift surge, but only without its augment, as it goes from a 3/10 to a 9/10 with that change,

While I don't use rift surge without having the augment on, rift surge is still usefull at higher levels in endless missions with objectives like Excavation when recasting Staticlysm as enemies aren't cc'd in between casts without it. Especially since enemies start moving faster than Stasis ticks eventually, and faster than natural talent recasts. It would certainly be nice if the augment was already part of the ability though yeah, but I fear that would make people who don't understand Rift Etiquette much more of a problem.

Edited by AntiMomentum

On 2019-06-03 at 9:44 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Enthrall- garbage

Garbage you say? The energy pillar from thralls can kill trash mobs in seconds and you can make a death zone of it by killing thralls. The only problem I have with the ability is that it allows teammates to kill them.

Edited by DrivaMain

On ‎2019‎-‎06‎-‎03 at 9:43 AM, TehGrief said:

Ivara - [2] Navigator

• Ability is too gimmicky to be used seriously. 

What could be changed?

If we saw either a change to the base mechanic or even an augment that made it so that Ivara could fire the Navigator arrow and then teleport to wherever it hit (had been discussed a while back), I imagine it would see a lot more play.

I don't agree at all that navigator is too gimmicky.  It works just fine when used as it was intended while using weapons catering to it.  You also have to understand that most of Ivara's kit and playstyle is geared towards solo play.  

The augment you suggested would be cool, but I highly doubt something like that would ever be added as it would be gamebreaking.  

2 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Garbage you say? The energy pillar from thralls can kill trash mobs in seconds and you can make a death zone of it by killing thralls. The only problem I have with the ability is that it allows teammates to kill them.

You know what else is good at killing trash mobs? Your weapons. And those are far more reliable than a Damage pillar that you can barely control the location of.

I kinda wanna see this thread for the opposite end of the spectrum, it would undoubtedly end up a very angry thread but I'd also like to read about what the community thinks is so over powered that it takes away from using other tools, like archwing over k-drive. But this comment is off topic, if so if you feel like replying to it, don't, just stay on topic for this.

Also, I think I agree with a lot of what's being said throughout here, really think the ivara augment is an interesting idea, kind of a better version or similar vain as wisps will-o-wisp.

Silence is possibly one of the strongest stuns in game, as it can be reapplied infinity if you have a medium-short range setup, not to mention savage silence which will get you a 1100% damage multiplier with finishers... (I know covert exists but for those using skijati invis...).

Revenant is one of the top tanks rn, enthrall functions with the rest of his kit and can potentially open a 1 shot with his 3rd on level 9999 enemies...

Some players should play the frame a bit more to realize the full potential of the frame

Most of these abilities list are utter garbage but a few should not be touched.

Edited by Midas

On 2019-06-03 at 9:54 AM, Blexander said:

Chroma's Spectral Scream:

The ability is horribly underused and rightly so. Back in the day, channeling it would restrict you to a slow walk giving the ability almost to reason to be used making it a waste of energy, and removing the the mobility restriction has done little to make it viable. It has little to no use anywhere.

You take that back! 🙂

Spectral Scream is one of my favorite abilities in the game now that you can actually use your melee weapon while channeling, with no movement restriction.

When im using him as a melee frame like this, I feel like a goddamn dragon warrior lol.

Edited by (PS4)SpIitSnake

26 minutes ago, (PS4)SpIitSnake said:

You take that back! 🙂

Spectral Scream is one of my favorite abilities in the game now that you can actually use your melee weapon while channeling, with no movement restriction.

When im using him as a melee frame like this, I feel like a goddamn dragon warrior lol.

You can use melee and spectral scream at the same time now?!  Looks like it might finally be a little bit useful for something.  What worries me is that I don't remember seeing anything in the patch notes about this.  Please, please don't let this be a bug!

10 minutes ago, ChromaUmbra said:

You can use melee and spectral scream at the same time now?!  Looks like it might finally be a little bit useful for something.  What worries me is that I don't remember seeing anything in the patch notes about this.  Please, please don't let this be a bug!

Oh, it absolutely feels like a bug. 

The game will not let you channel + melee if you begin channeling with your melee weapon out.

To get it to work you must have your primary or secondary out when you begin channeling his 1, then press the melee button after.

Lets just hope they embrace it like some of the other bugs that they’ve left in the game.

Edited by (PS4)SpIitSnake
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, (PS4)SpIitSnake said:

Oh, it absolutely feels like a bug. 

The game will not let you channel + melee if you begin channeling with your melee weapon out.

To get it to work you must have your primary or secondary out when you begin channeling his 1, then press the melee button after.

Lets just hope they embrace it like some other bugs that exist.

Yeah, I was trying it out just now and was just about to say something about that.  I'm guessing it has something to do with the way weapon switching works with the melee rework.  Either way, I really hope they turn this bug into a feature.

• 3 weeks later...

How about Volt's 2??

Volt probably is my 2nd best warframe after MAG. I like him. And i understand speed and mobility is a great thing in warframe. But putting 2 in,makes his kit half,imo. He is not pure damage dealer,good CC,can do decent defnse too with shield. But i feel it a little lacking. What i am trying to say is,if i actually want to deal some samage,or even want to CC i have to rely on 4th,and in very small extent 1st ability. 3 rd one is good,as it gives some defensive capability,but the 2nd one ia more utility rather offensive or defensive ability.

Excluding speed as 2nd,replacing it with shield and put either of a defensive or offensive abilty,may make volt a good to OP frame,imo.

The new power,may be something in the line of - 1)volt can leech shield (armor) from surrounding enemies,and give it to teammates, 2) creates an electrified surface ,or any other things. (The two suggestions are very uninspiring,and i'm really sorry for it)