Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orb Vallis Bugs

(NSW)0nuku

Another bug collection, this time from the Orb Vallis:

1. I'm still getting crashes after spending 2+ hours in game, usually starting in other missions and moving to the Vallis. Still, so much better than it was, so thanks.
  2. Killing enemies in Gara's Mass Vitrify causes huge frame rate drops in the Vallis that can sometimes continue for a minute or two. It doesn't happen all the time, and I'm still doing experiments to see what makes it worse, whether location, number/types of enemies, or just having Splinter Storm up at the same time (which, if you play Gara, is almost all the time).
  3. The Exterminate Drones mission is often impossible to complete as 25 drones do not spawn within the time limit, let alone the 4 minutes required for the bonus. I've only tested it in the first three tiers (I'm not good enough for beyond that), and only occasionally can I complete it in the first tier. I've let the alert level rise but that doesn't increase drone spawns.
  4. The Assassination mission often starts with the player's collected credits contributing to the 1000 needed to summon the target. I believe this only occurs when the bounty has been started from on the Vallis.
  5. In the Cache Recovery bounty, finding a cache doesn't remove it from Loot Detector, or stop it beeping.
  6. Completing a bounty from Eudico started from the Agent out in the Vallis won't mark it as "Completed" in the Bounty list.
  7. This one has been driving me mad. The total Ventkids standing shows double the gained standing while on the Vallis. (e.g. I started a bounty with 62,201, gained 3,670, and it showed 69,525 total while on the Vallis, yet when I returned I had the proper 65,871)
Edited by (NSW)0nuku
Forgot #5

• 2 weeks later...

Jovian Concord Update:

1. Haven't dared play longer than an hour, so no news (is good news?)
  2. General performance with Mass Vitrify seems to be much improved, though I do get lag spikes from time to time.
  3. Still having problems with Drones...
  4. Still having "problems" with the credit collection in Assassination. Seems to reset with each new bounty started, applying all credits collected from the beginning of that bounty toward the counter, often spawning the assassination target instantly.
  5. Caches still being noisy
  6. I... think this one was fixed? 
  7. This bug also applies to Solaris United standing and possibly Vox Solaris, though I can't confirm.

Plus some new ones:

1. Starting and completing a K-Drive race while a bounty is active hides the bounty objective (as the K-Drive race took its place and went away)
  2. This is a bizarre one... I think what happened is I crashed my K-Drive in shallow water, and when it put me back on land, my Warframe was stuck in idle animation even while moving. And then this happened. Pausing seemed to fix it, so no big deal, but... weird, right?
  3. I feel like Coildrive Pathfinding could use some work. When they get "derailed" for whatever reason, they can get stuck on railings, billboards, rocks, or other geometry, which can pose a problem to objectives and companions when they have a high-damage AOE weapon with a reasonable fire rate.

• 1 month later...

One thing I've found on Orb Vallis over the last two days comparing the Switch version to the PC version is for some reason, the enemies in the Switch version seemed to be overpowered during thermia fissure missions. Or maybe the armor and shield ratings for Warframe types doesn't mean anything on the Switch version during these missions.

For example, I decided to finally do some Thermia fissure missions on the PC version. it's a challenge solo but doable. I was able to complete nearly 40 over the course of a few hours with some distilled Thermia to boot. On the Switch version, they're almost impossible to do solo. I migrated my PC account over to the Switch version so the Warframes I used to complete almost 40 of those missions on PC, I can use the exact same loadout and mods on the Switch version. The probably is, no matter which Warframe I use on the Switch version, the enemies on Orb Vallis/thermia fissure missions destroy it in record time as if I have no armor or shields. I tried Warframes with armor ratings of over 1100 and shields over 900 but they only lasted a couple of seconds under fire when trying to protect the canister. I tried using Hildryn with a modded shield rating of over 4000 and she only last a couple of seconds longer. Initially I though I was doing something wrong but I went back and tried again about 30 minutes ago and the problem repeated itself. On PC, I have a fighting chance because armor and shield ratings matter. On Switch, neither matter at all because it's like armor and shields are non existent resulting in the Frame being destroyed in seconds. The enemies were even the same level between the PC and Switch versions, Level 45. At this point I'm going to stop playing the Switch version and focus on the PC version because it seems like DE/Panic Button or whoever is overseeing it is far too slow to fix these issues or maybe they just don't care.

I also experienced some of the problems you listed too. Performance is a tricky thing to deal with because the game is running on Switch. There's only so much that can be done with optimization. Nintendo is to blame for some of those issues because of how Switch is underclocked in portable mode and reaching too far in docked mode. But a lot of the other issues fall squarely on the shoulders of DE. Orb Vallis glitches when trying to complete missions became so annoying I stopped doing them opting for free runs to do mining and fishing while attempting the Thermia missions. Warframe, even after all of these years is still a buggy mess with key systems that need a rework or an entire overhaul. One has to ask why shields and armor don't seem to matter when taking damage or why mission objectives are so broken when the game doesn't allow the player a chance to fulfill the requirements etc. How do you screw that up in 2019 even on Switch? It's not like Warframe just came out (looking at you, Anthem) and it's not like DE is a rookie developer trying to learn the ropes. These aren't nightmare missions, it's orb vallis missions. Yes we play Warframe and yes the game is good in spite of the bugs. But to not address these issues while still reveling in the game's success like an old prostitute that thinks she's still got "it" because of her DDs, ignoring the bad hygiene, ratty hair and missing teeth, is courting disaster. It's not like there aren't other games out there to play, it's not wise to take the userbase for granted as if we're always going to be here accepting a broken experience, dogfooding it out. We don't have to play Warframe.

Problem with the drone extermination stages persists regardless of bounty level. The longest I had to wait between drones spawning was almost 2 minutes, without any enemy spawning in the meantime (happened yesterday). On the birght side it seems that the current 'fix' for that is bonus being granted even if you end the stage with less than 4 minutes left.

On 2019-07-21 at 10:54 AM, LogainUTAblar said:

One thing I've found on Orb Vallis over the last two days comparing the Switch version to the PC version is for some reason, the enemies in the Switch version seemed to be overpowered during thermia fissure missions. Or maybe the armor and shield ratings for Warframe types doesn't mean anything on the Switch version during these missions.

For example, I decided to finally do some Thermia fissure missions on the PC version. it's a challenge solo but doable. I was able to complete nearly 40 over the course of a few hours with some distilled Thermia to boot. On the Switch version, they're almost impossible to do solo. I migrated my PC account over to the Switch version so the Warframes I used to complete almost 40 of those missions on PC, I can use the exact same loadout and mods on the Switch version. The probably is, no matter which Warframe I use on the Switch version, the enemies on Orb Vallis/thermia fissure missions destroy it in record time as if I have no armor or shields. I tried Warframes with armor ratings of over 1100 and shields over 900 but they only lasted a couple of seconds under fire when trying to protect the canister. I tried using Hildryn with a modded shield rating of over 4000 and she only last a couple of seconds longer. Initially I though I was doing something wrong but I went back and tried again about 30 minutes ago and the problem repeated itself. On PC, I have a fighting chance because armor and shield ratings matter. On Switch, neither matter at all because it's like armor and shields are non existent resulting in the Frame being destroyed in seconds. The enemies were even the same level between the PC and Switch versions, Level 45. At this point I'm going to stop playing the Switch version and focus on the PC version because it seems like DE/Panic Button or whoever is overseeing it is far too slow to fix these issues or maybe they just don't care.

Ive always found the Thermia fractures too difficult, and I'm on Switch.  I only play on Switch, so I can't compare it to other platforms.  But I've 99% completed the map, solo killed Ropalyst and Terralyst, but thermia fractures kick my butt.  Haven't finished one yet.