Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can you get banned for playing Loki?

Kcalbs

Question

I was playing a Sortie Rescue mission and used switch teleport on someone once at the end of the mission while we were waiting for extraction.

Shortly after, I received this msg from the player saying they would essentially have my account banned for this. Can you get banned for something like that? I had never spoken to him before that or even used that ability on him beforehand. This came out of nowhere and the only thing I said and will ever say to him was "Ok." I did block out his name for privacy reasons but I did report him as well.

tl;dr Do I need to worry about some random player getting my account banned because he had a bit of a fit over nothing?

2ljnjap.png

Edited by Kcalbs

4 answers to this question

Maybe he's confused about the Hostile Mergers expoliters that were using Loki getting temporarily suspended, but that has no relevance to a Sortie Rescue mission. As long as you're not exploiting Hostile Mergers with Loki or heavily trolling with him, you're safe.

Sounds like an 'ignore, move on, and laugh about it with your friends' situation.

Not quite up there with the "Do you know who my dad is?!" and "My uncle works for DE!" threats, but still amusing nonetheless. 

Now, if you were switch-teleporting them repeatedly away from an objective in an effort to prevent them from being able to play the game (an indicator of malicious intent), this is called trolling and is considered a type of harassment. It isn't ban-worthy, and if reported for it you'll probably just get a sternly worded message from support in your in-game inbox telling you to knock it off (if you don't heed that warning, however, then you may have some permissions restricted, such as chat or trade privileges). 

Locking.