Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Setting for solos to spawn more mobs

maniacman2

I was wondering if there was any talk about adding something in the settings to make the game think there are more people in the mission even if you are solo. I farm a lot but most people are not interested in farming things like ferrite or rubido so i end up farming alone. I can solo most survivals up to 60 mins but it takes so long and there is not a lot of resources made after that time for a solo. It would be nice if i could change something to make the game spawn mobs as if there were 4 people in my solo mission. This would spawn more enemies and allow me to get the drops faster. It could help with other farms as well like mods that only drop from certain mobs (that would spawn more because of the increased party size). 

3 minutes ago, maniacman2 said:

The more loot is from the more enemies. I am not looking for better drop chances just more chances to hit the drops.

You have more chances to roll on the drop table in the same amount of time. That is an increased drop chance.

Generally in a game you are rewarded more for increased risk or skill. Merely adding more enemies adds neither.

Changing the amount of enemies that spawn will mathematically increase the amount of drops you get i play solo and get 500 kills but if the games thinks 4 people are in the round it could mean getting 1k kills instead. This would mean that i have the chance to double the ferrite i would have gotten solo without the (ghost) characters added.

I found these old, locked archived topics. Nothing was done about this.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1059010-solo-survival-im-fed-up/
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1046051-4-man-difficulty-for-solo/

I will sure like to see "Solo Enemy Count", "Low" "high" in options, as this setting can apply anytime there is only 1 player in squad. Currently it is like it is stuck at "Low" in 1 player, and is always "High" in 2 or more players in squad. The problem with forcing "High" to everyone, is some slow and old computers that can't handle too many enemies at playable FPS (Frames Per Second), a problem that happens to slow computers in 4 player squads.

I can have more enemies while by myself, using another computer and another Warframe account.

1 player in squad in Derelict survival, too little number of enemies, often very low life support.

2 players in squad with 1 active and alive, plus 1 "dead" but still in squad. I got about 1.5 times more enemy kills in 10 minutes of survival mission, and my live support stays mostly full. When I about to go extract, I just have idling computer open task manager, details, end task Warframe, so I can completed mission with just myself, with more kills and more drops, in the same amount of time.

Derelict have no matchmaking. Derelict key sharing is risky. The player that started mission vote can kick the entire squad out of this mission at any time. Does not matter who is the host. Vote starter left squad is instant mission failed, losing all drops.

That is exactly what i mean. Making a setting option to spawn more enemies for those solo players looking to farm. it should not be that we have to make alt accounts and log them in just to be able to get that 4 squad enemy spawns. Even if the option is just clicking the + sign next to players and adding in phantoms that don't spawn in but affect the amount of enemies that spawn. That way people can easily set the spawn difficulty they are looking for.