Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pls get rid of trees in in PoE

Spam661

Why are there so many trees on the PLAINS?? Trees are super annoying especially to anyone using kdrives..... people who are forced to used them like clanless who cant get aw launcher or are low level locked. AND trees kill line of sight

Also loading into POE now takes foreveer. It's almost as bad as orb villas. 

In fact just put POE back the way it was. IT actually looked like a plain not some jungle. 

Actual plains can be dotted with trees like POE appears now. They aren't always just fields of flat grass.

If your load times are too long, it sounds like you are due for PC upgrades. As the game evolves, you will need to keep up to a certain level, but it isn't as if the game requires a $4K PC to run nicely.

Wait. People are using K-Drives?

And no. PoE is still boring space, but at least now it's more pleasant to look at, than this eariler, empty version. Also it's nowhere near the "jungle" and yes, there can be trees on the plains. It's "plains" not "dessert".

29 minutes ago, Soldier1312 said:

People are using K-Drives?

I use K-drive because the archwing launcher segment is too expensive for me. I would rather just use my credits for ranking mods and making weapons for now because I am fine with K-drive and walking around. It's just annoying when I have to do Thermia Fractures and  some players scream at me for not using AW.

1 hour ago, (NSW)KentInkOVanheim said:

I use K-drive because the archwing launcher segment is too expensive for me. I would rather just use my credits for ranking mods and making weapons for now because I am fine with K-drive and walking around. It's just annoying when I have to do Thermia Fractures and  some players scream at me for not using AW.

Oh well. I'd never take the cost of segment into consideration. Fair enough.

3 hours ago, Soldier1312 said:

Wait. People are using K-Drives?

And no. PoE is still boring space, but at least now it's more pleasant to look at, than this eariler, empty version. Also it's nowhere near the "jungle" and yes, there can be trees on the plains. It's "plains" not "dessert".

Sure, I'll have some. Thank you :]

4 hours ago, (NSW)KentInkOVanheim said:

I use K-drive because the archwing launcher segment is too expensive for me.

how are you implying that the Archwing is expensive when the materials to craft it is less than 1/3 of the materials needed to craft anything in the game and that includes fishing lures. sure before it was better since you could share an Archwing with others that didn't have the materials to craft one but now is more convenient when is infinite.

4 hours ago, (NSW)KentInkOVanheim said:

I would rather just use my credits for ranking mods and making weapons for now because I am fine with K-drive and walking around.

are you currently telling everyone that you don't have spare mods to sell them for cash at your modding station and are wasting your spare chance in low level tier mods?. seems you need someone to teach you the ways of making credits and endo in low levels.

7 minutes ago, ARAMN said:

need someone to teach you

uh.. I've been playing since 2013 on the PC, and started a new account on the NSW. I don't wanna burn myself out by doing mindless credit or endo farm. I just want to casually go through the content. I also have less time to play the game because I have work. 

I just want to have fun in the game and not grind myself to death, so I apologize if I can't reach the fissures as fast as other people. 

7 hours ago, ARAMN said:

how are you implying that the Archwing is expensive when the materials to craft it is less than 1/3 of the materials needed to craft anything in the game and that includes fishing lures. sure before it was better since you could share an Archwing with others that didn't have the materials to craft one but now is more convenient when is infinite.

The Archwing Launcher Segment costs 100K Credits to build and consumes a large number of really dull resources to collect. The Archwing Launcher Blueprint costs another 100K Credits and another large batch of resources. The kind of people who don't already have an Archwing generally don't have 200K Credits to throw at something which is at best a convenience, when a K-Drive does most of the same job and comes for free.

17 hours ago, Spam661 said:

Why are there so many trees on the PLAINS?? Trees are super annoying especially to anyone using kdrives..... people who are forced to used them like clanless who cant get aw launcher or are low level locked. AND trees kill line of sight

In fact just put POE back the way it was. IT actually looked like a plain not some jungle. 

Wait there are trees on PoE?

Oh right, I suppose there are a few between those two ponds when doing laps for Cetus Wisps...

Is this really even a problem though? I swear I never really notice them.

• Like 1

On 2019-06-04 at 8:26 AM, Steel_Rook said:

The Archwing Launcher Segment costs 100K Credits to build and consumes a large number of really dull resources to collect. The Archwing Launcher Blueprint costs another 100K Credits and another large batch of resources. The kind of people who don't already have an Archwing generally don't have 200K Credits to throw at something which is at best a convenience, when a K-Drive does most of the same job and comes for free.

where did you pull those numbers is not 200k only 100k to craft

100k is easy to get by (and when i mean easy to get by is only due to one time deal expenditure.)

500 bronze mods (common) or 200 silver mods (uncommon) or 100 gold mods (rare)

15k for the replica from a clan dojo.

and iradite and grokdrul is so easy to get that in 2 runs your already with enough craft it.

the only hard item to get is oxium and that is due to planet restrictions to new players. its a farming game there is plenty to farm and the items needed are meh compare to nitain extract.

Okay, I'm going to show you something:

Spoiler

And then we ran away by Thaylien

Puku watching by Thaylien

Zebrican by Thaylien

Those photos are actual Plains. Part of the Kafue Valley game reserve in Zambia. Notice what they have a lot of?

Yes they have a lot of open space, but they also have a lot of... wait for it... trees. Trees grow everywhere. It's what they do unless people go cut them down. Left to their own devices forests would expand to exist everywhere that grass can grow.

So... no. Trees exist on the Plains.

Funnily enough, though, trees were on the Plains before the update too. Just less of them and badly rendered.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ARAMN said:

where did you pull those numbers is not 200k only 100k to craft

The Segment costs 100K and the actual Launcher blueprint is listed as 100K on the Wiki. I don't recall how one goes about attaining the actual Archwing Launcher Blueprint as it's been too long since I got it.

3 hours ago, ARAMN said:

100k is easy to get by (and when i mean easy to get by is only due to one time deal expenditure.)

It's by no means easy to get for the kind of people who might prefer using a K-Drive over an Archwing, i.e. new players. The number of mods sold you're citing is entirely out of proportion with what players are able to attain quite a while into their career, and that's assuming Credits don't go for anything else. Stuff like Kubrows, new guns, new Warframes and so on. It's easy to talk from the position of a player who has everything already so any expenditure is standalone. For a new player who isn't even going to see 100K Credits in one play for at least a few weeks, that's far too expensive for what it actually offers.

And, realistically speaking, what the Archwing Launcher offers to new players is the ability to use their terrible, unlevelled Odonata with no mods added to it due to Archwing mod drop distribution. While that IS faster than the default K-Drive, the difference is not significant enough to justify dropping their entire inventory into it. Especially if that player might also want a Kavat or a Kubrow, or a few decent guns.

• Like 1

If you've been playing since 2013 you should know that there's a defense mission on Ceres, Seimeni that will give you 24k per 5 wave run. It takes about 5-7 minutes to do. With a booster it's double that.  It takes less than an hour to get a quarter million credits without a booster. Seems like that would be a worthwhile amount of time to spend to get the Launcher segment.

That being said, when I play solo I often use the K-Drive, it's kind of fun and the Archwing is king of boring IMO. But I'd never go into a PUG on PoE or OV without using the Archwing. It kind of says "Carry me, I'm too lazy or cheap to build the ALS".

20 minutes ago, 3rdpig said:

If you've been playing since 2013 you should know that there's a defense mission on Ceres, Seimeni that will give you 24k per 5 wave run. It takes about 5-7 minutes to do. With a booster it's double that.  It takes less than an hour to get a quarter million credits without a booster. Seems like that would be a worthwhile amount of time to spend to get the Launcher segment.

Many players don't want to do a mindless credit farm. They want to play the game at their pace and pick up credits along the way. It's obviously going to be a lot slower, but it'll be more fun for them. It's a perfectly valid style of play.

4 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Okay, I'm going to show you something:

Hide contents

And then we ran away by Thaylien

Puku watching by Thaylien

Zebrican by Thaylien

Those photos are actual Plains. Part of the Kafue Valley game reserve in Zambia. Notice what they have a lot of?

Yes they have a lot of open space, but they also have a lot of... wait for it... trees. Trees grow everywhere. It's what they do unless people go cut them down. Left to their own devices forests would expand to exist everywhere that grass can grow.

So... no. Trees exist on the Plains.

Funnily enough, though, trees were on the Plains before the update too. Just less of them and badly rendered.

Thanks for posting those pics btw. Reminds me a bit of home (South Africa).

Also, upvoted. PoE looks so much better and more immersive since they added more trees and bushes.

Edited by MirageKnight
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Reminds me a bit of home (South Africa).

Hey, howzit man!

Yeah, I have family over there, travel to SA and central African regions every couple of years. Have a home-away-from-home in that game park that's known as McBride's Camp, beautiful place where you can go on walking safaris.

On 2019-06-03 at 6:09 PM, Spam661 said:

Is Warframe installed on an SSD?