Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leaderboards updating after event ended.

---RV---Maniac

I call bullcrap on both of this comments. If a score is taken when your session is finished, then it should remain locked. If DE can't make a leaderboard stick after the event is ended (which is supposedly what should happen to avoid people going on long runs and abuse the system finishing after the event has ended) it's not our fault, we busted our arses a lot to avoid getting overtaken by the now 3rd place clan because we like being competitive, it's one of the many rewarding things in the game when you see that your hard work has paid off fighting other competitve people; so no, we didn't rush any, it's on DE this one, there's no escape. Also, I would argue that DE has had all the time in the world before the event ended to remove the top scores that were (as this was also documented on twitch mind you) exploited with the Vigorous Swap + Oberon's 1 + Volt's 1 exploit, but they didn't. Haste is a very important point in these events, but we didn't see haste at all removing scores; we actually saw some of our non-exploited scores being removed and setting us back a lot of points as well. But that's a topic for another day.

For you that tell that we're a little too competitive, it happens when you try to get and to be good. I'm sorry if you don't want to be good or just want to play the game in a casual way, but some people (quite a lot given our clan's size) are driven by a competitive force. Some people played the game mode day and night to try to get scores, it's not fair to being treated this way.

Edited by NfousGT
some grammar thingies
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Dragmod said:

"You weren't good enough, but we'll keep your points anyways to boost our egos"

Sorry lads, shouldn't have been in such a rush to cut off heads. What was it, you said you had waited a whole 15 minutes after the event, oh my. Yeah, my final attempt at the event didn't even get registered until almost 30 minutes after I had ran it. I understand wanting only the best players in your clan, its prestige and a motivator for everyone. But, you also shouldn't be crying when you pull out the guillotine and end up removing a toe.

6 hours ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Damn, some people take competition a little too seriously.

My comment was in regard to these two comments. I don't use the forum a whole lot so pardon my ignorance in not knowing how to use multiquote lol

10 hours ago, kikasnoob said:

what were your event requirements?

Kicking people who didn't participate is fair enough,

but kicking people who actually did contribute (but not enough) to the final clan score and still want their points? Yeah, Nah! if they aren't good enough for your clan their points shouldn't be either mate, come on fairs fair,

It ain't like that.
Thing is, the clan actuality does a lot to ease up reaching the event requirements. From constant invitations to outright guides in how to best approach if you aren't experienced enough. You'd have to try really hard to ignore the clan to not notice this at all and even if all of above fails, there are people around that are more than alright with carrying you to the finish line.

It isn't like nobody knew what would happen if you didn't reach the finish line, it is rather that those who didn't, didn't care. And that's alright.

1 hour ago, Arc2199 said:

Some did. The ones who got the glaxion vandal. They were told they needed to meet the clan requirements else they would get kicked AFTER the event ended. Since it's a competitive clan

So they weren't inactive. They just didn't hit the score you wanted them to. Big difference.

1 hour ago, Arc2199 said:

We worked really really hard for those leaderboard

No, you worked hard to recruit people to get you that leaderboard. I bet you never even helped some of those Tenno who had low scores during the whole event, did you?

Edited by (XB1)Shodian

Well this is an unfortunate and surely not intentional thing, but probably after 2 years since last operation with clan leaderboards DE did some mistakes as well. Be able to use some exploites till the end of event also after a couple of hotfix wasn't that fair for a lots of clan, especially little ones, like ghosts and shadows; and  plus this unlucky drop of score after removed inactive players denote some problems that need to be fixed, at least for next operation. Mistakes needs for learn for future as well.

Edited by --RV--Izhmash
Wrong sentece

il y a 13 minutes, (XB1)Shodian a dit :

So they weren't inactive. They just didn't hit the score you wanted them to. Big difference.

No, you worked hard to recruit people to get you that leaderboard. I bet you never even helped some of those Tenno who had low scores during the whole event, did you?

Are u serious? We host multiple runs everyday to carry players, even for our ally.

15 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

The last 5 days or so (we did even before but not as much) the members who had reached 30k+ points or weren't interested in going higher CONSTANTLY organized 8k or more runs for those members who didn't feel like playing/weren't able to/weren't finding able squadmates in public/whatever reason. So no, again, you're shooting in the air with these accusations. The're annoying since you really weren't in the clan and didn't know what happened. We helped a lot more members than - I'm sure - some other clans did or would ever do.

Best I can think of is it being a counter to the mass kicking of people once an event with a leaderboard was over...sticks it to the clans that used people then kicked them out before they could reap the benefits..if it rewarded anything..

There's just never a solid solution due to the conniving ways of people.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, --RV--Izhmash said:

Are u serious? We host multiple runs everyday to carry players, even for our ally.

Then how did they not hit the score you wanted thhem too? What was the minimum score? They should have hot it of they were running with you.

• Like 1

il y a 5 minutes, (XB1)Shodian a dit :

Then how did they not hit the score you wanted thhem too? What was the minimum score? They should have hot it of they were running with you.

Easy mate, cause they didn't have partecipate, or they did just to reach 4k points, when was clear reqs for stay was 8k for PV and 12k for RV. Don't really need any carry for those, we did only to incentive and help where it need.

We also direct mesaages to them when we spotted their cases into clan memberlist, so im pretty sure we did what we can to help anyone.

Edited by --RV--Izhmash
Wrong sentece

12 hours ago, kikasnoob said:

what were your event requirements?

Kicking people who didn't participate is fair enough,

but kicking people who actually did contribute (but not enough) to the final clan score and still want their points? Yeah, Nah! if they aren't good enough for your clan their points shouldn't be either mate, come on fairs fair,

I agree with this post, fair is fair, and based on this "remove inactives/people that didn't participate in the event up to our requirements" it shouldnt have been a concern really. I think if you are a competitive clan and go for the points but do kick players after they have tried, well I dont think its right that you keep their earnt points.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

PVs minimum was 8k and that is not that hard to get. It takes around 30 minutes with a good group so just to reach minimum wouldnt take you take that long if you just put some effort in. And it wasnt like there wasnt any help around. Stronger players were constantly offering to host minimum runs just so people had the chance to stay. The problem wasnt that there wasnt any help, the problem was that alot of players didnt care and just went for 4k and it's them we are getting rid of. 

4 minutes ago, --RV--Izhmash said:

Easy mate, cause they didn't have partecipate, or they did just to reach 4k points, when was clear reqs for stay was 8k for PV and 12k for RV. Don't really need any carry for those, we did only to incentive and help where it need.

While scores not being locked is incredibly amateurish of DE, it's pretty ironic or just hilarious that you guys lose score for kicking people who apparently didn't contribute up to your standards.

The event was over. All the points were already earned. The scores should have been final at the moment that the timer ran out.

Instead, we lost a hard earned position for removing the people that didn't work as hard as the majority of us to gain these spots in the leaderboards.

• Like 1

il y a 11 minutes, -AncientWarrior- a dit :

I agree with this post, fair is fair, and based on this "remove inactives/people that didn't participate in the event up to our requirements" it shouldnt have been a concern really. I think if you are a competitive clan and go for the points but do kick players after they have tried, well I dont think its right that you keep their earnt points.

The fact is they didnt tried for clan event. And as i said, we told clearly what was minimum required, and we also comunicated to leave clan to be reinvited when done, if not able to do what we asked. Pretty fair, isn't?

Plus the only point matter is: Operation was over. Countdown was stopped.

We dont need to argue about our personal clan policy. Anyone free to join(if meets reqs), anyone free to leave if something not working how they looking for.

Edited by --RV--Izhmash
wrong sentence

49 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Yes a score that was literally criteria for staying in the clan after the event ended which literally the whole clan was told.

>I bet you never even helped some of those Tenno who had low scores during the whole event, did you?

I DID THAT FOR HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS. How can you assume such a thing like that about me? I was helping the whole clan till the last minute of the event. I helped them with builds , guides , strats and and ran with them. I was constantly organizing runs and getting players kitted up and running. So you "bet" on that huh? Well you lost.

Edited by Arc2199

11 minutes ago, Arc2199 said:

I DID THAT FOR HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS. How can you assume such a thing like that about me? I was helping the whole clan till the last minute of the event. I helped them with builds , guides , strats and and ran with them. I was constantly organizing runs and getting players kitted up and running.

Well that's good. I'm glad that at least one of you helped. But if you have a big clan there should have been more than enough players to help the rest of them. 

Still though I'm curious what was the current ratio of people you kicked compared to who stayed, their score and how many people you had before.

il y a 2 minutes, (XB1)Shodian a dit :

Well that's good. I'm glad that at least one of you helped. But if you have a big clan there should have been more than enough players to help the rest of them. 

Still though I'm curious what was the current ratio of people you kicked compared to who stayed, their score and how many people you had before.

Fortunatly we also have screenshots to argue that into right location.

2 minutes ago, Chaemyerelis said:

Kick people and lose their points, makes sense to me. As the old saying goes can't have your cake and eat it too.

Except in this case, the cake was fully cooked and ready to eat. No reason for the middle to turn to goop after you pull the toothpick out clean.

il y a 2 minutes, Chaemyerelis a dit :

Kick people and lose their points, makes sense to me. As the old saying goes can't have your cake and eat it too.

completly makes sense if operation is current alive, not when is over otherwise people can easily makes clan raids or just carry their points to another clan after ending.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Seriously, where are these random nonsensical arguments coming from? Stop assuming stuff, it's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.

Our clanchat, in RV, was spammed constantly with the message that there would be minimum requirements for the event long before the event was started and that everyone was required to participate. During the event it kept getting spammed alongside people constantly hosting 12k+ runs and inviting newbies to help them out. Our discord has EVERYTHING you could wish for during an event like this. Our members higher up in the hierarchy continiously tried contacting the non-performing members in the hopes of dragging them over the finish line. The last few days the chat was spammed by so many with something along the lines of 'Last few days to get to 12k, hit me up and I'll get you there'.

The requirements for this event were ridiculously easy with all the help that was provided. It's impossible that the people that got kicked did not know what was required of them. If you hadn't reached the minimum requirements you just flat out refused to help the clan out when it was needed. All of the above was the exact same for PV, except that the requirement was 8k.

57 minutes ago, -AncientWarrior- said:

Seriously? Kicking people that failed and not getting to keep the points is nonsense. They prevented us from having other members that would've actually cared about hitting the minimum requirements - which were damn easy. Getting to keep the points after kicking them is the least you'd expect for the slots they occupied.

And yes, we're quite competitive. Some people don't like being mediocre in the things they spend their free time on, even if it's 'just a game'. We like winning.

Aside from that, the event was OVER. Nothing should alter a leaderboard once the event is over, it's pretty damn simple.