Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Material Confusion

I am having trouble understanding how I should add materials to my models. For example if I created a single object and had part of it made of glass and the other part metal, then after exporting I would view it in the tennogen viewer only to see that my materials have become additional objects. How would I group materials together so that they all can use one set of maps and tintmask shown in the tennogen viewer?   

Software used: Blender (modeling, maps, and node based materials), Krita (tintmasks)

Images: Please look at my images to see what I mean by the multiple materials in the tennogen viewer. 

https://imgur.com/a/A9VpCGd 

https://imgur.com/a/Ph6s5qG 

Edited by HarmonicNodes
Testing how to post pics

For warframe, you will need one material per texture set (so one for body, one for helmet and a 3rd for additionnal cloth if there is one), exept if you want to use glass in which case the glass need a separate material, but still use the same texture set and need to fit in the same UV.

Thank you for your reply. I was hoping to create a syandana with multiple materials, but it seems like I will have to rethink my approach. If I were to paint on textures would it be possible to have multiple materials in one texture set? 

If what you call materials are actually metal, plastic, leather of whatever you want, yes.
Those are achieved through texturing by applying different albedo/roughness/metalness values to each spot of your texture. I would recommand learning more about PBR texturing if you don't know how it works.

Seems like I forgot what type of workflow I needed follow. I reread some information that was suggested from a while ago, plus new stuff, and I even found some people showing how to create glass in PBR texturing.  Do you know of any ways to create glass in PBR workflows? If not that's fine, I think I am on the right track now and can continue my creation.

Creating glass need more control over the game engine, which you don't have.
But in this particular case, you don't need to create glass, you use the same glass as Gara which will be setup by devs if you creation is added to the game, look at the ReadMe.txt inside of Gara files to get more informations about it.

Thanks for the information, I just looked at gara's files and read about the glass. Sadly it seems like the glass color is controlled by only the energy color and some of my design will not workout the way I thought it would. But also its nice to know that if the devs like a design enough then they are willing to help. 

Edit: Actually with duel energy now a thing my idea would still look very cool. I should just finish and submit my design and see what people think so that I can get more feedback.