Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are lockdowns necessary?

Mados.sys

Lockdowns... so far what i've seen is that they have little to no purpose in the game at all, in the corpus ships at least they make sense because duh, emergency lockdown for a broken window. (even knowing that Corpus are so lazy that they don't care if every window in the ship is almost broken)

But what about the rest of the levels? let me put it this way, you're fighting against the enemies after a while when the alarm was triggered, and then a smart crewman / oldman decided to start a lockdown, for what purpose? they are locking themselves and their teammates with the KILLER MACHINE. (is like that Doom 2016 comment that i forgot, "you're not trapped in hell, the demons are trapped here with you" or something like that, in this case is more literal)

So logically, it doesn't make sense at all if they want to survive, and now on a gameplay purpose, is there a reason for the lockdown to be a thing?

I feel like there's something that i'm not getting, the lockdowns where created so we are forced to do the hacking minigame to stop our progress for what, 3 seconds? Is it here because they don't want Exterminate - Spy - Sabotages to be static survival missions? those are the only 2 reasons that i'm thinking about why is it still a thing because out of that it doesn't make too much sense.

If there's no reason for the lockdowns to be here then why not just remove it? sometimes you would just like to go loud and having to pass a lockdown every 3 minutes is just tedious, and going loud is a de-advantaje generally because you no longer get stealth bonuses and on Corpus missions, 1 hit enemies start to spawn (cof cof Bursas), so why not just let that be a thing? not only that but Survival gives more stuff so going on a normal mission with alarms would still be uneffective in general compared to Survival.

It would be just like Payday 2, give the option to go loud or stealth; stealth will give you more advantajes (the ones that we already have, stealth bonuses and less enemies) and loud will make it more tough with no advantajes.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Deluxe-Chimera said:

So logically, it doesn't make sense at all if they want to survive, and now on a gameplay purpose, is there a reason for the lockdown to be a thing?

Have you seen what the Corpus do to people that merely owe them money? What do you think the value would be in making an example of a guy that didn't, at the very least, try and slow the Tenno going into some lab or factory?

There are fates worse than death and perhaps the Tenno offer the least awful fate.

9 hours ago, Deluxe-Chimera said:

Lockdowns... so far what i've seen is that they have little to no purpose in the game at all, in the corpus ships at least they make sense because duh, emergency lockdown for a broken window. (even knowing that Corpus are so lazy that they don't care if every window in the ship is almost broken)

But what about the rest of the levels? let me put it this way, you're fighting against the enemies after a while when the alarm was triggered, and then a smart crewman / oldman decided to start a lockdown, for what purpose? they are locking themselves and their teammates with the KILLER MACHINE. (is like that Doom 2016 comment that i forgot, "you're not trapped in hell, the demons are trapped here with you" or something like that, in this case is more literal)

I feel like there's something that i'm not getting, the lockdowns where created so we are forced to do the hacking minigame to stop our progress for what, 3 seconds? Is it here because they don't want Exterminate - Spy - Sabotages to be static survival missions? those are the only 2 reasons that i'm thinking about why is it still a thing because out of that it doesn't make too much sense.

If there's no reason for the lockdowns to be here then why not just remove it? sometimes you would just like to go loud and having to pass a lockdown every 3 minutes is just tedious, and going loud is a de-advantaje generally because you no longer get stealth bonuses and on Corpus missions, 1 hit enemies start to spawn (cof cof Bursas), so why not just let that be a thing? not only that but Survival gives more stuff so going on a normal mission with alarms would still be uneffective in general compared to Survival.

It would be just like Payday 2, give the option to go loud or stealth; stealth will give you more advantajes (the ones that we already have, stealth bonuses and less enemies) and loud will make it more tough with no advantajes.

It is so once the backup units (Bursas and Prosecutors etc.) have been spawned due to the alarm you are (hopefully) locked in the room with them and can't just run away.

The "backup" units aren't really a threat as you say but I remember them being fairly dangerous back when I started (I hated dealing with Bursas back then) so buffing them is going to hurt newer players. I remember getting locked in a narrow corridor with Stalkie back before I could really deal with him and that was nasty, I just knew I was dead when the lights flickered. Maybe the backup unit levels should be based on the combined squad MR or something? I mostly ignore the alarm these days unless lockdown happens which really isn't the idea...

Lockdowns could be significantly more vicious and challenging, indeed. There are lots of ways:

• They could cause the mission to fail if they're not lifted within X seconds
  • Lockdown during a spy mission could purge a data vault immediately
  • On a ship, the compartment could be vented to space (which could lead to awesome Archwing action!)
  • The lockdown compartment could be pumped full of lethal substance like toxic gas or radiation, or flooded and then electrified, and you need to lift the lockdown to vent it/shut it off
  • Gravity in the compartment could be messed with - floating you around or crushing you to the floor
Edited by Ham_Grenabe

21 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Have you seen what the Corpus do to people that merely owe them money? What do you think the value would be in making an example of a guy that didn't, at the very least, try and slow the Tenno going into some lab or factory?

There are fates worse than death and perhaps the Tenno offer the least awful fate.

Totally forgot about Fortuna (toaster pc, can't play there) but yeah thinking it that way it makes a bit more sense, but on the gameplay side it still a bit annoying and it doesn't stop you for that long tho.

12 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

The point of a lockdown is specifically to keep the intruder in one location. If you have to sacrifice your security personnel, that’s better than sacrificing the entire ship/base/compound. 

6 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Lockdowns could be significantly more vicious and challenging, indeed. There are lots of ways:

• They could cause the mission to fail if they're not lifted within X seconds
  • Lockdown during a spy mission could purge a data vault immediately
  • On a ship, the compartment could be vented to space (which could lead to awesome Archwing action!)
  • The lockdown compartment could be pumped full of lethal substance like toxic gas or radiation, or flooded and then electrified, and you need to lift the lockdown to vent it/shut it off
  • Gravity in the compartment could be messed with - floating you around or crushing you to the floor 

I was thinking the same after i made this topic, lockdowns right now have nothing no offer and it just stops your progress for less than 4 seconds, so instead it should be more challenging as you said, but not that hard as well because making the mission fail after a certain amount of seconds on a lockdown would be a bit too much, unless you're talking about the emergency lockdowns of the ships where you're starting to asphyxiate, in that case it would be ok.

What it was thinking is more of a simple thing, allow us to break the doors with our melee weapons if a lockdown is starting, wouldn't that be cool? busting your way out like a beast, that would surely fit Rhino.

There's a ton of options, yours being one and busting doors, or just removing lockdowns and instead replacing it with a sort of high priority alarm wich is an idea that i would love to see in action:

• When the high priority alarm is triggered, instead of locking yourself in one place, stronger enemies start spawning for a period of time (like 40 seconds or 1 minute) including enemies that have 10 / 20 more levels, a bunch of Exiums and obviously special units. (if the mission has lvl 30, the high priority alarm will spawn enemies that are level 40 - 50, and if the mission is 100, then it would be 110 and 120)
  • A mini boss should spawn as well that will not let you go so easily until you kill it. (say; Raptor, Hyenas, Jackal, Manic Bombards, "Sprag & Ven'kra Tel", etc)
  • The high priority alarm can be hacked to reduce the timer to 0, ending it earlier. (on that way players can choose to keep the battle going until it ends granting the respective affinity and materials, or hack it and keep going)

I turned off the Lotus comments,  it she always used to say something like “a Grineer assault team is coming your way.” Would be cool if there was an actual elite anti-Warframe team that could be dispatched during lockdowns. A little portable nully tech built into lancer shields, say, that just blocks projectiles from attacks. Manics so crazy that even other manics are like, “He crazy.”

Of course, that assumes we wouldn’t just be able to press 4 to defeat them, but a guy can dream.