Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Obtainability of Spectra and Glaxion Vandal (and other items) after today

GrandLompus

Question

I've managed to snag both of them before operation Hostile Mergers ended.  But now that the operation is over, I assume they will thus stay unobtainable for quite a while from now?  The Wiki is not too outspoken on it (unlike the page for e.g. Zylok which states it is currently unobtainable), though it might be it just wasn't updated yet.

I want to know because I want to properly categorize them on Warframe Stuff Organizer.  I don't think there's a chance they'll be back Soon(tm), so I've changed their listing to "Unobtainable".

The same goes for older content btw.  Just as a heads-up sanity check, am I correct with the following listing?  The Wiki only seems to mark things as unobtainable if it's also not tradable, though I'd like to not make that distinction (I have a separate tradability classification).

• Spectra Vandal, Glaxion Vandal: Unobtainable; operation Hostile Mergers is over now, and it was a one-time operation with no sight of a rerun one day.  They're also not tradeable.
  • Zylok: Unobtainable; the Pyrus Project Event is over, and that was the only source to get it since it's not tradeable either.
  • Opticor Vandal: Event, since Exploiter Orb will come back from time to time IIRC?  It's the only remaining "Event" item in the whole database now...
  • Wolf Sledge: Unobtainable, though tradable.  Series 1 is over, and following series will have other themes and drops.  But I heard rumors the Wolf would come back one day, right?  Maybe not in Nightwave though, so "Nightwave" is then also probably not the right term here.  How else to categorize it though...
  • Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime, Skana Prime: Unobtainable, since they are founders exclusives and untradeable.  The wiki does state "This weapon can be sold for Credits645,000" -- my condolences to the ones who did it by mistake 😞
  • Ignis Wraith: both Chem Lab and Unobtainable + tradable; Chem Lab if your clan did the research during the operation, and unobtainable otherwise, apart from trading of course.  Maybe I should add a separate category for unobtainable-but-tradable to make it less dramatic...
  • Snipetron: Unobtainable (for now) and not tradable.  It already resurfaced a few times over the years though (last time you could buy it from Nakak during operation Plague Star).  But there's no sight of it becoming a recurring presence.
  • Dex Dakra, Dex Sybaris and Dex Furis: Gift of the Lotus (or Alert?), since they'll be coming back each year in March as alerts (but presented then as "Gift of the Lotus", right?).  Untradable though, so just long windows of unobtainability.
  • Machete: only available as a login reward nowadays (you just have to be lucky when logging in, so practically unobtainable 🙂 ).

Are there any other items I've overlooked?  I'm only concerned about items giving mastery rank; I guess there's also lots of cosmetics being locked away forever by now, but that's not what my site tracks.

Edited by GrandLompus
Added links to Wiki

19 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, GrandLompus said:

Spectra Vandal, Glaxion Vandal: Unobtainable; operation Hostile Mergers is over now, and it was a one-time operation with no sight of a rerun one day.  They're also not tradeable.

It might re run one day since the Devs now have that in mind, unlike other events. Tho I don't see why it would since those weapons are sure to return with Baro after some months, 1 year-ish.

21 minutes ago, GrandLompus said:

Zylok: Unobtainable; the Pyrus Project Event is over, and that was the only source to get it since it's not tradeable either.

Don't worry. There isn't a single weapon (apart from founder gear) that doesn't return at one point. It will return for sure, even if on another relay event.

23 minutes ago, GrandLompus said:

Wolf Sledge: Unobtainable, though tradable.  Series 1 is over, and following series will have other themes and drops.  But I heard rumors the Wolf would come back one day, right?  Maybe not in Nightwave though, so "Nightwave" is then also probably not the right term here.  How else to categorize it though...

He'll definetly return at some point, but he'll still be available throughout future seasons, even if rarer/harder to get.

24 minutes ago, GrandLompus said:

Ignis Wraith: both Chem Lab and Unobtainable + tradable; Chem Lab if your clan did the research during the operation, and unobtainable otherwise, apart from trading of course.  Maybe I should add a separate category for unobtainable-but-tradable to make it less dramatic...

Baro brings this. Though anyone who buy's it from it is insane imo since many clans just give it for free or for a symbolic amount of 10-15p.

29 minutes ago, GrandLompus said:

The Wiki is not too outspoken on it (unlike the page for e.g. Zylok which states it is currently unobtainable), though it might be it just wasn't updated yet.

It just wasn't updated.  I've made the edits to the Glaxion and Spectra Vandal pages by changing acquisition tense from 'is' to 'was' and adding the {{unavailable}} template to it.  In future if you see that a page hasn't been updated feel free to make the edit yourself, we appreciate any help (though I can't remember if 'normal' users can add templates, it's been so long).

• Like 1

Nothing in the game apart from the founder pack stay unaviable forever. It often apear again in Baro's invantory or any other method like plague star with Nakak offerings. But it can take one or two year to come back so you have to be patient.

Il y a 9 heures, SpicyDinosaur a dit :

It was an Operation, those reoccur periodically.

No, unfortunatly an operation come one time and then it's a new one, that's why all unique rewards from them (but cosmetics) come back with a delay in Baro's invantory like ingis wraith, supra vandal, vulkar wraith...

Edited by Rathalio

54 минуты назад, GrandLompus сказал:

Spectra Vandal, Glaxion Vandal: Unobtainable; operation Hostile Mergers is over now, and it was a one-time operation with no sight of a rerun one day.  They're also not tradeable.

Might be added into Invasions rewards or to Baro.

54 минуты назад, GrandLompus сказал:

Zylok: Unobtainable; the Pyrus Project Event is over, and that was the only source to get it since it's not tradeable either.

%

Edit: OKAY, it just lagged like a #*!%. I've made a long post that just got *poof*

TLDR, anyways: OP, you have a very strange understanding of "unobtainable" word. Every weapon (Founders' are not spoken of) is re-obtainable at some point, you just have to wait. So, don't mark them as you did. It's just wrong. Please.

Edited by bl1te
*whoosh*

23 minutes ago, Rathalio said:

No, unfortunatly an operation come one time and then it's a new one, that's why all unique rewards from them (but cosmetics) where come with a delay in Baro's invantory like ingis wraith, supra vandal, vulkar wraith...

Oh of course, like the gouls or plaguestar, they never come back lol

Il y a 6 heures, SpicyDinosaur a dit :

Oh of course, like the gouls or plaguestar, they never come back lol

Most of them do not come back, gouls, plage star and thermia fractures are special cases with the open worlds that come back regularly but "Operation: Hostile Mergers" isn't like this.

22 minutes ago, Rathalio said:

Most of them do not come back, gouls, plage star and thermia fractures are special cases with the open worlds that come back regularly but "Operation: Hostile Mergers" isn't like this.

Okay, name a few Operations that haven't returned. They are specifically called Operations because they do return, so people know they will be coming back. Like the Fractures, and as I mentioned the Ghouls and Plague Star. 

9 hours ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Don't worry. There isn't a single weapon (apart from founder gear) that doesn't return at one point. It will return for sure, even if on another relay event.

Oh, it's not for my own sake that I'm asking -- I have everything (apart from the founders exclusives).  But it's nice to know they'll get recycled one day for others to obtain as well.

• Like 2

Il y a 1 heure, SpicyDinosaur a dit :

Okay, name a few Operations that haven't returned. They are specifically called Operations because they do return, so people know they will be coming back. Like the Fractures, and as I mentioned the Ghouls and Plague Star. 

Operation: Arid Fear
Operation: Oxium Espionage
Operation: Breeding Grounds
Operation: Cryotic Front
Operation: Gate Crash
Operation: Mutalist Incursions
Operation: Eyes of Blight
Operation: False Profit
Operation: Tubemen of Regor
Operation: Shadow Debt
Operation: Rathuum
Operation: The Pacifism Defect
Operation: Ambulas Reborn

8 hours ago, bl1te said:

TLDR, anyways: OP, you have a very strange understanding of "unobtainable" word. Every weapon (Founders' are not spoken of) is re-obtainable at some point, you just have to wait. So, don't mark them as you did. It's just wrong. Please.

It's just that I list each item's source on my site so my users know where to go to get it.  And in the case of these items there's really no way to get them at the moment, so that's why I decided to list them as "Unobtainable".  Once they resurface I plan to update that status to whichever place they can be acquired from.  And the Wiki also uses that term, so I thought I'd be consistent.  But it might be a good thing to add some *-footnote to them.

Thanks to everyone for your confirmations.  I already closely monitor each Baro visit to see what he brings, so if some item were to resurface there (which I already saw happening once I think).  And new content is also hard to spot 🙂

The best thing for now then I think is to keep most of them listed as "Unobtainable" (since they'll take an undefined time to come back), and have the PoE and Fortuna ones listed as "Event" (since these operations/events are sure to resurface from time to time).

Only uncertainty here is the Snipetron then; it once was an operation-only item (and market as well once IIRC?) but it resurfaced as a Nakak offering during Plague Star.  So not a direct reward like the Opticor Vandal, which is thus more certain to return with the event...

9 minutes ago, Rathalio said:

Okay, you make a compelling point.

I do think it will probably come back, (the weapons, at least,), though I tried to get everyone in my clan the weapons or at least the aura mod before it ended. By the end my boyfriend and I were a crack team with moving through it to 4k points.

Either way, the weapons will cycle back around at some point, I feel. DE has shown a more... somewhat recent trend of making weapons not an exclusive thing. Though I am still salty about not being able to research the Ignis Wraith. At least one of my officers had 500 from purchasing them in a previous clan.

Edited by SpicyDinosaur
  • Like 1

They will come back...how is the question. Example the Brakk was a operation weapon the winners got for free already built. Now to get the Brakk you have to farm the G3.

The only unobtainables are Excalibur Prime, Skana Prime and Lato Prime.