Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How are we still getting “Gifts of the Lotus” lore-wise?

Starlight91

she forgot to unsub from the gift the murder children driving war puppets the can genocide on a daily basis for fun stuff subscription now she is natah i doubt she cares for the 5.99 every 2 ish weeks most likly barely makes a dent in her cosigned pets bank account since we have to pay for their removal 15k stacks up fast 

7 hours ago, (PS4)chibitonka said:

simple. Ordis is playing space mom all the way :P

4 hours ago, Horaciozhao said:

I guess it was never Lotus. I was Ordis all this time.

I think these two gents have the truth of it.
Kinda like how some parents still insist on writing "from santa" on christmas gifts.

which kinda confuses things with the real gifts from the fat jolly one himself, but that's not the point.

Don't forget that you can fight almost every iteration of alad V and and also lech kril and Vor also corrupted Vor currently, even if the lore moved on from them, Warframe takes place in this weird superposition of events that have happened and will happen all at the same time, the lotus is gone, but also isn't so gift of the lotus aren't really up to date with the current events of the game but it doesn't need to be.

14 hours ago, Starlight91 said:

So, spoilers, but the Lotus is “missing” right? We’ve had annoying purple mom for months, and suddenly she reappears as Natah, talks to us a little as we tickle the Ropatrollyst, and that’s it. Meanwhile we’ve been getting Gifts of the Lotus from... who? I know that they are alerts awarded after the Devstreams, but lore-wise it doesn’t really make much sense. Maybe it’s a clue about something we do not know about yet? Maybe Natah/Lotus has big boi plans or maybe the Lotus is trapped inside Natah as a separate personality, only able to send us these gifts for whatever reason I dunno.

Because the game mechanics and game story are only loosely connected.  We "kill" Alad V at least twice in the Starchart nodes.  At least once *before* also helping him cure his little Infestation problem (the purple scar on his cheek is the last trace of the infection.)  We kill Vor at least twice before he becomes so immortal that even killing him *again* can't shut him up.  We may have killed Stalker for good after a specific story mission, but he keeps showing up to be annoying anyway.

Gifts of the Lotus keep happening because they're a game mechanic, and that's the title that the devs gave to the "here's some free stuff!" alerts.  Changing the name entirely would be a spoiler for people who haven't gotten that far, and doesn't really change anything else for people that have.  And changing the title for only the people who did a certain story mission would be a lot of work with no real benefit.

It is, essentially, the same reason that they added a color filter and a voice FX to Purple Lotus instead of creating a new mission contact.  Doing anything else would take time they don't want to spend right now.

Because the gifts are already bought by lotus, 

It is for every special event that she used to open her attic and pull one out. 

Even though lotus is not there physically her slave Cephalons are still doing what they were programmed to do. 

Maybe the lotus helm has the actual lotus AI of margulis that is separated from natah and she still sends gifts to us. 

Also no rules against giving gifts of the lotus by someone other than the lotus herself, could be given by Alad 5 or Ordis and still be called gifts of the lotus. 

Edited by 0_The_F00l

Technically, Lotus is a name for ruling authority of Tenno. So Lotus is a position, it can even be a council of representatives. So I don't see much of a problem with the term Gift of the Lotus.

Edited by LocoWithGun

The funny thing is the gift of the lotus goes on the Alert right?  She is doing the same thing what she is doing to us every time I mean "Go Fetch" and the rewards weren't from lotus for basically we just steal what they have for the truth how do we know that did lotus really give that to use as a gift or not when we didn't listen to the guys who actually had it in 1st place which we just were doing like the police except for we breaking and kill everyone but let me put version you'll understand.

Spoiler

ZigzagVagueGeese-size_restricted.gif Tenno the police, the grineer/corpus don't know what is going on

pretty much we are just stealing someone birthday cake when its originally it belongs to them in the 1st place for how do even know the birthday cake is stolen but whatever they had orokin tech in the 1st place and the market sells the potatoes to tenno and other fraction who has the plat to farm.  It is kind of that version who had no reason to go breaking in when and work over for a potato.

Well mom is an AI with a physical body no? So its entirely possible that while her main personality module got corrupted by Ballas and Space Grandma, a large portion of her subroutines are still running, with ordis currently plugged in as the personality module. Some ghost or fragments of her motherly side may still remain within the system itself, which is how Chimera happened.