Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ask Me [Almost] Anything [Again]

[DE]Glen

Hmmm...don't think these break the rules but you can just ignore the ones that do 🙂...

1. Which of the recent frame releases/reworks do you think have been the most/least successful or alternatively which have you enjoyed the most.
  2. Is there any mod/item you'd like to see in the game that you feel is missing.
  3. Why do some things, say for example magus repair, not work every time you're a client? 
  4. Why do the doors shut in our faces when another player runs through 'at the same time', is there no 'stay open if another player near' in the code?
  5. Is there a way to encourage the amalagams to spawn more on Jupiter on normal maps?
  6. Why can't we put a warding halo (with safeguard) around our own sentinel but we can put it on sentinels of other players? We can look up enough to see it and we can put them on our pets.

@[DE]Glen

I have many questions around the session/party/hosting system in Warframe. It would be great to hear the mechanics (code) broken down into understandable bits, and how they relate.

Important points of interest for me are:

- Generally, what goes into forming a working party, able to do mission(s) with friends in Warframe? (Host session setup, clients joining, etc)

- Why can't a party persist after leaving relays or similar? In your opinion, can the underlying infrastructure/code that's responsible for session build-up/tear-down reasonably be improved to address this, or was Warframe designed in some fundamental way that makes this too challenging to tackle? (Are we talking thousands of lines of code relied on for many things, or modular bits of code that could be improved over time?)

- Why does this game suffer *so* harshly from problems with host migrations? It almost feels like you're entering another mission in progress when a host migration occurs (energy is reset, channeled abilities are stopped, you can't move at first, etc). Why is this such a challenge for the Warframe engine? (Looking for the technical details here, like, "network optimization means we don't know everything if the host leaves, so we take our best guess based on the last data from each client" or something.)

Thanks for taking the time to read through these questions. I hope they made sense. Your work is very appreciated!

-int

PS: My questions come from a very technical background; I'm a sys admin responsible for the automation, upkeep and growth of multiple datacenters. Please share in whatever level of detail you can/should, but I'll understand if it isn't too in-depth 🙂

I might not be able to make it to the stream but I'll ask anyway: With Warframe being an ever-evolving game, made up of many different old and new systems... What would you consider the most important thing you've learned over the years when working on new things that interact with older systems?

If this is too broad of a question then consider this example for some context:

With Archwing being a relatively old system, what were the things you guys learned from evolving it over time with changes? For example the (experimental) movement overhaul, Titania's Razorwing and undoubtedly any changes coming with Railjack. Did you wish things were done differently from the start like perhaps the different value scaling (distances and models being scaled differently compared to regular modes), or are you perfectly fine with the way things progressed over time? Feel free to use any other example, but this was the first that came to mind for me.

As someone with interest in Game Development, I am rather curious about these learning experiences, so apologies if this seems like an odd question. Feel free to skip it if it does not fit your AMA rules.

8 hours ago, [DE]Glen said:

@GunRaptor9000 most of your wall of text is inadmissible; please review the rules in the original post and cut it down to size. 

Sorry, I was not entirely coherent at the time.

I will post a fixed version tonight, if able.

If I do not, please only worry about section 1, as I think it's (a) the most relevant to my interests and this thread, and (b) it follows the set rules.

I have a few questions that have been left in the dust, since it's an AMA i'll take my chances

• Is it possible to have over 9.999.999 endo? or will the game rollover back to 0? I'm getting close to that number and would like clarification.
  • Can you share any details about the big amalgam boss fight? will it require hexenon to craft a specific key (similar to other bosses that can't be spammed without playing in the planet), will the boss have invulnerability stages to acomodate the mini razorback elevators during the fight? What i'm asking here is if we as players can learn something before the fight is implemented, for example if it will be locked behind a quest unlock, that sort of stuff.
  • there was an exploit when the pc -->switch migration happened (i can't give specifics here, you can check my message in the community inbox), some players took advantage of it. You guys aware of the issue?
  • Are there more plans for more destructible enviromental rewards like the ones implemented in the jupiter tileset, certain structures can be destroyed, they might give oxium for example, others, not so much, will that be a thing moving forward?

Does Titania's Razorwing use the power strength you had when you first cast it, for the whole duration? So I can get Energy Conversion and Growing Power up, use Razorwing, and benefit from the increased strength for as long as I'm flying?

Secondly, what power strength does Razorwing Blitz scale with? Does it copy the strength from Razoring, benefiting from the buffs I had up at the start, or does it use my current strength when the first stack of blitz goes up?

• Like 1

Hi, Glen.

When you use a Regular/Primed Bane of Grineer/Corpus/Infested mod, does the 55% Damage to Grineer/Corpus/Infested affect the specific faction's enemies in Void Fissures when they become Corrupted or only as long as they are un-Corrupted?

Thanks in advance and good luck with the Livestream/AMA.

So the one true question we need answer to. 

Do arcanes stack serperatly?

So if i have 2x arcane fury. Will i have a chance of getting 240% damage boost for 12 secs

or do i have 2x 40% chance of proc'ing 120% melee damage boost?

Nyx Menticide Helmet's arcane variation.

I'm wondering what are the exact stats of this helmet. Max shield effect is clear, - 5%, but what about the parkour move effects? 

Second question: What are the drop chances of eidolon and exploiter/profit taker orb articulas? These are not listed in the drop tables for some reason. 

What is the innate damage reduction on eidolons from? Even without armor or damage types, they have damage reduction, and it seems inconsistent with weapon types.

I am very interested in the mechanics of enemy spawns in stuff like survivals. Is the spawn rate constant? Is it a conditional statement, or is there a formula to it? What proximity is it based on?

What is the formula for enemy level scaling in endless missions like survival? I know the formulas for scaling of stuff like health and damage but it seems nobody knows how enemy levels increase as the mission continues. It is based on rotations, waves, or timer? There is a point at which the formula becomes linear. How is that decided?

On 2019-06-05 at 1:46 AM, Casardis said:

Is the T4 Void (e.g. Mot) enemy damage multiplier a bug or a feature? 

This is an interesting question, I've noticed too that enemies at T4 in the void (besides their high level) deal questionable, and at the same time tremendous, amounts of damage. It feels like these enemies have some kind of dmg buff there. Moreover, (if it's true) it is not a small buff, it's pretty noticeable, especially when you are getting insta-killed by a single bullet, single enemy shot at the start of a mission. 

17 hours ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

What is the innate damage reduction on eidolons from? Even without armor or damage types, they have damage reduction, and it seems inconsistent with weapon types.

I am very interested in the mechanics of enemy spawns in stuff like survivals. Is the spawn rate constant? Is it a conditional statement, or is there a formula to it? What proximity is it based on?

What is the formula for enemy level scaling in endless missions like survival? I know the formulas for scaling of stuff like health and damage but it seems nobody knows how enemy levels increase as the mission continues. It is based on rotations, waves, or timer? There is a point at which the formula becomes linear. How is that decided?

@(PS4)Crixus044  I've found you !   >__> 

8 hours ago, Gentleman_Bird said:

Is there any way to manually activate the Electromagnetic Shielding mod while still having a primary weapon equipped in your loadout?

Nah, you have to unequip both a primary and a secondary weapon to be able to block with melee without restrictions of the current melee system. You can use exalted weapons and archguns as a small upgrade to melee only build, but this mod is simply not worth such efforts.