Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ask Me [Almost] Anything [Again]

[DE]Glen

Can enemies spawn close to a player or in the field of view of a player ? Personally, I've noticed such events only in extreme, rare cases (but I think also that Warframe is trying to avoid such situations). Also, is it true that in defense / interception missions there are specific zones, places for enemies to spawn ? or maybe they can spawn anywhere ?

Edited by Orfeusz

1) What parts of the game does the hidden Conclave Rating stat (mod rating) still impact? As an example: I know it still affect Lephantis's damage reduction (I tested this again earlier today and it is still active). Did it affect the spawn rate of enemies like the Wolf of Saturn Six during nightwave?

2) In the Mastery Rank 24 Test, the damage of the operator's void beam is still fps dependent. Are there other aspects of the game that rely on fps, like burst rate for guns or the Terra Shockwave Moa's grab damage?

Edited by SplatterTech
Edit: grammar

The stream was really great, loved it!

Sadly I wasn't able to watch more than about 2h from start as I had a meeting IRL so I missed the the latter 3h =/  would love to see it all.

Seeing and understanding how stuff works and why it works how it does has always fascinated me: so I love seeing stuff like this regarding Warframe. I hope there is more similar streams in the future!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, [DE]Glen said:

40 questions took 5 hours -- next year remind me to bring snacks! Thank you for your questions and thank you for watching!

For those of us who missed it, where can we go to watch a recording of the stream?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, [DE]Glen said:

40 questions took 5 hours -- next year remind me to bring snacks! Thank you for your questions and thank you for watching!

In case there won't be a VOD, will you at least compile the questions and answers into a Google Doc or similar?

16 hours ago, vaur06 said:

Q: Can you 100% confirm or deny that using enemy radar causes enemies in survival to move toward the players at a higher rate than not having said radar mods? Even though it seems accepted as common knowledge I still see disagreement in relation to it.

I can absolutely confirm having working on that code that he does not. Spawn selection uses this influence maps describe [in last question]

Q: Does Enemy Radar improve pathing issues? (Prevent things like: Enemies stop in place, get lost, never move from their spawn point.)

Ai pathfinding is not influence by the radar mods.

First is not an answer to the question and second answer is incorrect.

Yes, Enemy Radar does impact enemy Pathing. Specifically it helps prevent the script from stalling due to unreachable player locations,  long term Invisibility or clustered & confused enemies esp on very large maps. Some enemies types are also more prone to stalls such as Osprey.

I went ahead and made a video with controlled settings where I can purposely cause a pathing stall to prove Enemy Radar has an impact. Make no mistake however this has been a long term issue in all mission types. It's simply random and as mentioned affects some enemies, tilesets or frames more than others. If you don't use stealth and minimize your movement between tiles in a Survival mission it will also minimize this from occurring.

In this test I sleep a Grineer and leave it. I then progress through the tilsets until the map marker gives up on telling me there's an enemy behind me. It's at this point I know the pathing has stalled. I then move back and watch as the Grineer in question never paths until it shows up on my Radar. The moment it does; he starts moving.

The first is Ivara with her passive only. The second is Ivara with Enemy Radar and Primed Animal Instinct. 

4:13 Very Immersive Spawn Script Kicking in
6:40 Only Ivara Passive Radar AI Kick Start
7:12 Why the AI script can stall in the first place
12:30 Enemy Radar + P. Animal Instinct Radar AI Kick start

This is a side-by-side comparison of distance before the enemy AI responds.

gyEtTRS.jpg

It's a shame most theory crafters have left the game. Most of us were Endurance runners and we tend to find bugs because we play and test the game a lot but there's not much reason to test things when everything is immune or the enemy vaporizes in milliseconds.

• Like 1

@Xzorn I watched your video and I'm sorry but I don't see how your experiment proves anything -- what's to say you they wouldn't have become unstuck when you arrived at the same point but just couldn't see them? 

Further, let me show you where Enemy Radar is used in the code:

Find all "AVATAR_ENEMY_RADAR", Subfolders, Find Results 1, Entire Solution, "*.cpp"
  S:\Evolution\Code\Lotus\Interface\MiniMap.cpp(445):            mEnemyRadarVisRange = inv->UpgradeMgr().GetUpgradeModifiedValue(0.0f, UpgradeType::AVATAR_ENEMY_RADAR, suit->GetType(), suit);
  S:\Evolution\Code\Lotus\Interface\MiniMap.cpp(462):                            mEnemyRadarVisRange += sentinelInv->UpgradeMgr().GetUpgradeModifiedValue(0.0f, UpgradeType::AVATAR_ENEMY_RADAR, sentinelSuit->GetType(), sentinelSuit);
  Matching lines: 2    Matching files: 1    Total files searched: 3128

It's only ever used in the map code and there's no connection from this to anywhere else. 

11 minutes ago, [DE]Glen said:

It's only ever used in the map code and there's no connection from this to anywhere else

Not even indirectly (e.g. by way of mEnemyRadarVisRange somehow feeding into the pathfinding or somesuch)?

• Like 1

• Redacted the answer about banes mods and void corruption as the answer provided on stream was incorrect, replaced with the proper answer given in reddit
  • Added the image showing the effect of reach mods in the post
Edited by vaur06
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, [DE]Glen said:

I didn't watch the video, is it explained why on color correction that loki's invisibility has the colorblind visual treatment?

3 hours ago, [DE]Glen said:

I uploaded the snapshots of the effect of Reach mods on melee here:

https://imgur.com/gallery/wTm3Ijk

Thank you, interesting results, the gaps could certainly be the reason why I was "missing" enemies I was expecting to hit. At "+ several thousand" % range I could see the attacks being comprised almost entirely of gaps.

Edited by DeMonkey
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Guandaoo said:

in the case of use of debuggers or the like on warframe , would their detection result in a warning being isued first then a suspension on repeated offence ? or just a direct suspension ? 

Since that violates the TOS that would be a ban. 

On 2019-06-09 at 10:55 AM, vaur06 said:

Q: If I proc Gas, do I proc Gas and Toxin for Condition Overload and if Gas, how long does the Gas Proc last? 

There is no such things as gas proc for condition overload, it doesnt work at all.

This is incorrect. An Guandao modded with just Condition Overload and Primed Reach will hit for 145 damage against a level 160 Corpus tech, assuming it does not crit. Using a pure gas Atomos and Limbo's Banish + Stasis combo to preserve procs, Guandao will hit for 371 damage against a Corpus Tech affected by a gas proc and a toxin proc, once again, assuming no crit. 145 x 1.6^2 = 371.2 which the game displays as 371. So yes, gas proc do work for condition overload. The usefulness is another question.

2 hours ago, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

This is incorrect. An Guandao modded with just Condition Overload and Primed Reach will hit for 145 damage against a level 160 Corpus tech, assuming it does not crit. Using a pure gas Atomos and Limbo's Banish + Stasis combo to preserve procs, Guandao will hit for 371 damage against a Corpus Tech affected by a gas proc and a toxin proc, once again, assuming no crit. 145 x 1.6^2 = 371.2 which the game displays as 371. So yes, gas proc do work for condition overload. The usefulness is another question.

I don't think you can do it without Stasis though -- when I tested on stream with a debugger I only ever got it counting the toxin. 

• Like 1

@[DE]Glen

I made a follow up 10 pool of results. It was originally going to be 20 but eh... Any rate this was done consecutively, 10 in a row. No cherry picking.

First 5 no Radar mods, last 5 with Radar mods. 6 of 10 had an odd result I felt might help narrow down a cause. I was able to stall AI to pathing 100% with no Radar mods but was not able to stall it with Radar mods. It's hard to re-create as the spawn relocation script seems to kick in first. In that first video it took me three tries to get a pathing result using Radar.

While I don't question the code calls for the mini-map being exclusive and realize a pool of 10 isn't much; the results are suspect.

This isn't an interaction that someone told me at some point. I noticed it years ago and I've watched it for a long time. I've watched many changes in AI over the years. I noticed the relocation script radius get smaller, I noticed pathing being a thing in Exterminate when it previously was all relocation and spawns which was part of that Exterminate backtracking from a while back, spawning alerted, enemies like Nox tracking Invis, some enemies dodging based on cross-hair, all sorts of stuff. There just has to be something going on here but I couldn't tell you what. I can only see the results which mostly occur with long term invisibility. Ivara, Octavia and when Shadow Step was a thing.

-No Radar Mods-
00:07 Stall Success - Result Pathing
00:25 Stall Success - Result Relocation Script 1 Enemy Poof from Radar
00:51 Stall Success - Result Pathing
01:08 Stall Success - Result Pathing
01:34 Stall Success - Result Pathing (x2)
-Radar Mods-
02:15 Stall Success? - Result Alerted past grace period - Was not previous Alert
02:32 Stall Fail - Relocation Script 1 Enemy
04:25 Stall Fail - Relocation Script
05:51 Stall Fail - Relocation / Spawn Script
08:14 Stall Fail - Relocation Script 1 Enemy

• Like 2