Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elite infested weapons when?

AceRogue

We got vandals for corpus, wraith for grineer. How about elite infested weapons? Been waiting for a mios variant for awhile. Lots of infested are endgame viable and are quite popular as well. 

We could even gives those an edgy name as well. Mios Symbiote, Mios Virus, Mios Polluted, Mios Venom, Mios Grotesque, etc. 

• Like 2

I always liked the idea of actually crafting these weapons in the Helminth room: just take an infested weapon into the room, stick it in a cool machine, donate some infested resources and bam - one Helminth-supercharged Infested weapon with increased stats, a new visual appearance, additional effects, etc. it would give the room more purpose that's for sure.

it could also be used as a shortcut to getting some weapons, like the Lesion for example: put a regular Tipedo in with some ingredients and it makes one for you, put the Lesion in and you get an even more enhanced version (though it would be at the cost of having to level it again, but that's the fun part IMO: seeing what the new weapons can do!)

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, so_many_watermelons said:

I like the idea of the prefix being "Plague" because the Mire references a "Great Plague".

Ah S#&$ right, I forgot about Plague Zaw parts for a moment. Maybe Fester then. Works too.

nah make it SICK. bring back that horrible 90s slang.

• Like 1

Where do infested weapons even come from? Aside of the weaponry built into the poor Ospreys and Moas that fell victim to the Infested, none of them use weapons! But actually, the infested Ospreys and Moas don't even use their Corpus weapons either!

P.S. I would like to drain my cyst to make infested Moa pets... and hopefully a future infested Osprey pet from a series of Osprey parts that Legs sells?

Edited by nslay

What if there was a short quest or something where you would get another Segment for Helminth room and then you would be able to Mutate all weapons adding Toxin or Viral and removing a bit of IPS or making it a bit more cumbersome or something.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nslay said:

Where do infested weapons even come from? Aside of the weaponry built into the poor Ospreys and Moas that fell victim to the Infested, none of them use weapons! But actually, the infested Ospreys and Moas don't even use their Corpus weapons either!

P.S. I would like to drain my cyst to make infested Moa pets... and hopefully a future infested Osprey pet from a series of Osprey parts that Legs sells?

It's a bit of a spoiler to say exactly why, but enough of the world bosses hint at there being a link between Warframes and the Infested.  Phorid more or less says it openly, "We are of one flesh" and being completely confused that the Tenno keep attacking it when it manifests somewhere.  Presumably, "Infested" weapons are Tenno creations, because they have some ability to interact with the technocytes that cause it without just getting eaten.  The Infested certainly don't have any use for handheld weaponry, and most everyone else that messes around with trying to control the Infested gets a *really* close up demonstration of why that's a spectacularly stupid idea for anyone but the Tenno to do.  The only exception seems to be the Myconian colony, and they have a special spoilerific ace up their sleeve to get away with it.

2 hours ago, EmberStar said:

It's a bit of a spoiler to say exactly why, but enough of the world bosses hint at there being a link between Warframes and the Infested.  Phorid more or less says it openly, "We are of one flesh" and being completely confused that the Tenno keep attacking it when it manifests somewhere.  Presumably, "Infested" weapons are Tenno creations, because they have some ability to interact with the technocytes that cause it without just getting eaten.  The Infested certainly don't have any use for handheld weaponry, and most everyone else that messes around with trying to control the Infested gets a *really* close up demonstration of why that's a spectacularly stupid idea for anyone but the Tenno to do.  The only exception seems to be the Myconian colony, and they have a special spoilerific ace up their sleeve to get away with it.

I never had any clue that Tenno created infested weapons when they already make their own Tenno weapons like Daikyu and Braton! I mean even the Warframe wiki, for example, opens with Daikyu's origin being of Tenno design. We don't get any clue of Mire's origin other than some Great Plague from the Wiki which merely refers to the Codex entry for the weapon.

I don't know, maybe there is a race of infested medical chairs with backstories that produced them? That chair does have an interesting story... the little we know about it anyway!

EDIT: Maybe there's an infested anvil that can do its own metal work? Why stop at medical chairs?

Edited by nslay

7 hours ago, HatedByLifeItself said:

When DE decides that. 

that is true, I had not even spotted one single elite infested weapon at all, it is like they are stuck in the stone age or something because DE don't want to give advance to their share technology and all they got some pepper spray and few things that shoots.

1 hour ago, nslay said:

I never had any clue that Tenno created infested weapons when they already make their own Tenno weapons like Daikyu and Braton! I mean even the Warframe wiki, for example, opens with Daikyu's origin being of Tenno design. We don't get any clue of Mire's origin other than some Great Plague from the Wiki which merely refers to the Codex entry for the weapon.

I don't know, maybe there is a race of infested medical chairs with backstories that produced them? That chair does have an interesting story... the little we know about it anyway!

EDIT: Maybe there's an infested anvil that can do its own metal work? Why stop at medical chairs?

Without spoilering a pretty major story point, all I can say is that there's lore in game that Warframes are immune to infestation, and they're pretty much the only faction that would have any ability to be messing with Infested tech.  Alad V tried it once, and nearly got eaten.  And as far as I know, pretty much anyone else that goes anywhere near the Infested gets nommed.  It's less that it explicitly states Tenno are creating them than that no one else would dare.  Except the Infestation itself, but it doesn't need handheld weaponry.  It just weaponizes the mobile bio-forms.  (Chargers can spit poison darts, crawlers can throw lightning or spew acid, Mutalist Ospreys can make gas clouds and so on.) 

So Tenno are either creating Infested weapons, or ripping the weapon bits out and stabilizing them so they can carry something like the Synapse into a Relay without causing a plague outbreak, and growing a shell around something like the Crawler lightning-spitter bits so that they can hold it like a rifle.  (Instead of carrying around a "tame" lightning Crawler like some kind of horrible hand puppet.)

Edited by EmberStar
  • Like 1

I would love this myself, 

Problem is the infested weapons are quite literally "infested" regular weapons. 

So what we really need is the ability to infest the specialized vandal, wraith and prime weapons.

We already have 3 variants for infestation - helminth (for tenno/orokin) , mutalist (for corpus) and plague (Grineer?)

7 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I would love this myself, 

Problem is the infested weapons are quite literally "infested" regular weapons. 

So what we really need is the ability to infest the specialized vandal, wraith and prime weapons.

We already have 3 variants for infestation - helminth (for tenno/orokin) , mutalist (for corpus) and plague (Grineer?)

Only the Mutalist Quanta, Paraycyst, and Torid are infested versions of regular weapons also they are different enough from their non-infested counterparts that that they can be considered different weapons entirely.

On 2019-06-05 at 5:49 AM, EmberStar said:

Without spoilering a pretty major story point, all I can say is that there's lore in game that Warframes are immune to infestation, and they're pretty much the only faction that would have any ability to be messing with Infested tech.  Alad V tried it once, and nearly got eaten.  And as far as I know, pretty much anyone else that goes anywhere near the Infested gets nommed.  It's less that it explicitly states Tenno are creating them than that no one else would dare.  Except the Infestation itself, but it doesn't need handheld weaponry.  It just weaponizes the mobile bio-forms.  (Chargers can spit poison darts, crawlers can throw lightning or spew acid, Mutalist Ospreys can make gas clouds and so on.) 

So Tenno are either creating Infested weapons, or ripping the weapon bits out and stabilizing them so they can carry something like the Synapse into a Relay without causing a plague outbreak, and growing a shell around something like the Crawler lightning-spitter bits so that they can hold it like a rifle.  (Instead of carrying around a "tame" lightning Crawler like some kind of horrible hand puppet.)

The Sentients can handle infested material just fine. From what I remember as part of the backstory, the Infestation was created to fight them and just didn't work.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

The Sentients can handle infested material just fine. From what I remember as part of the backstory, the Infestation was created to fight them and just didn't work.

There are only two known Sentients in the Origin system at the moment, and neither of them has any reason to mess with the Infested either.

As an added bit of anecdotal evidence, most of the Infested weapons are also available as Dojo research.  In the Infested Lab, several of the original Infested weapon types are visible floating in the vats along with the specimens of Infested bio-forms like the Charger, Crawlers, an Ancient, and several pieces of Lephantis.  It is strongly implied that the Tenno are creating the weapons for their own use.

13 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

There are only two known Sentients in the Origin system at the moment, and neither of them has any reason to mess with the Infested either.

As an added bit of anecdotal evidence, most of the Infested weapons are also available as Dojo research.  In the Infested Lab, several of the original Infested weapon types are visible floating in the vats along with the specimens of Infested bio-forms like the Charger, Crawlers, an Ancient, and several pieces of Lephantis.  It is strongly implied that the Tenno are creating the weapons for their own use.

Corpus and Grineer weapons are available in the Dojo and these are not Tenno-created. I am not satisfied with the: Tenno are -spoiler- and therefore can handle infested materials, therefore they created infested weapons.