Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ESO is not great solo on switch

Lobosandia

I know ESO is supposed to be very difficult and depends on efficiency. I have many qualms with how efficiency works and how much it really, REALLY limits what frames you can use, but this post is about my experience on the switch specifically. The issues I have noticed on the switch really highlight the issues with ESO (and to a lesser extent, SO) overall.

Since i started on the Switch, I have attempted ESO several times. I didn't get Saryn Prime until recently, so before then it was usually just a disaster for me. I don't consider myself an expert at the game, but that is usually offset by having a team that can help you in Warframe.

In my attempts at ESO I have been matched with another player exactly once. Just once. I have never been in a full ESO squad. Sanctuary Onslaught is usually more popular and i tend to match with two or three, but never a full squad. I can join ESO at almosy any time on PC and the squad fills in minutes.

This highlights several issues in attempting to solo ESO:

1. lack of energy greatly reduces survivability and almost entirely requires Rage/Hunter Adrenaline/Zenurik to offset. This past game I only got maybe 2 energy orbs on zone 3, which made my killing potential mind numbingly difficult. This is more of a peeve than an actual issue.

2. Efficiency goes down way too fast. It almost requires you to nuke the map. This should scale with how many players are on the team. It seems to go the same speed no matter how many are there. 

3. Focus farming is impossible solo doing ESO, which essentially leaves you to go to do Eidolons to make up for it. I hate doing eidolons and I'd rather do actual missions and get focus passively. The amount of focus you need for any tree cannot be achieved in a week, let alone a month by doing ESO solo despite the fact that it appears to have been made for focus farming. This is the most detrimental negative factor for ESO. Seriously, it's bad.

There needs to be some kind of scaling to benefit playing solo versus in a group. I don't think it should be on par with group play, but rather playing solo shouldn't be completely out of the question. This is especially true given the issues I've had with finding an ESO group on the switch.

Please do something about how ESO works when someone goes in solo! 

Thank you!