Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trans Pride Flag Palette for Pride?

DoctorRegulus

5 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

As much as I would love this, I don't think DE should be getting involved in the X months, it draws them into too much.

Oh? How?

I'd love to see a trans color pallette. Or something similar. But I agree, trans especially would be great. (though I know those color palettes are super time consuming for DE.)

What about no. Game developers should remain apolitical and never take a stance in anything which is controversial/always act neutrally. In the same vein, colour palettes should be what they are - colour palettes. They should never be attached to any minority/political group/organisation.

8 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

What about no. Game developers should remain apolitical and never take a stance in anything which is controversial/always act neutrally. In the same vein, colour palettes should be what they are - colour palettes. They should never be attached to any minority/political group/organisation.

👏👏👏👏

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Why?

Especially since they have never been apolitical before. Also, how are human rights controversial?

We have color palletes Easter. As a member of the Satanic Temple I personally find this controversial and displeasing.

• Like 3

There are so many ways to give voice at your pride, why choose a game of ninja slaughters with no gender? Also devs have enough work to do, also this is a topic that can lead to flame, so no.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Plenty of game developers and publishers have stood up in support of trans rights, I don't see why it'd be unusual for DE to do it. There are plenty of color palettes that directly reference other real-life things as well, a Trans Pride palette wouldn't be unusual.

6 minutes ago, swiftasacoursing said:

did you even play the sacrifice or like listen to any of the lore at all

theyre people my man

I said the warframes, not variants. They are android/robot-copies of the originals so it means they have no gender or genitals

Edited by Uan91

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't people create one hell of a s***storm when DE released that USA-styled color palette for the 4th of July or something?

Imagine what would happen if they did this pride thing.

Edited by o0Despair0o
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, o0Despair0o said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't people create one hell of a s***storm when DE released that USA-styled color palette for the 4th of July or something?

Imagine what would happen if they did this pride thing.

people make s***storms out of everything added to Warframe, it doesn't mean that the game is actually seriously affected by it. People in real life are often offended by Easter, Christmas, the 4th of July, Valentine's day, Chinese New Year and Halloween, but Warframe having stuff that references these things hasn't really killed the game, has it?

If people are seriously going to stop playing the game because a pink and blue flag was added to the Market as an optional purchase, then I don't think they had much of a reason to actually keep playing the game.

• Like 1

Wasn't the 4th of July colors removed and made to never come back?  I couldn't care less what they add but if some things get removed then none should make it.  Sadly people only care about equality when it's something they agree with.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, YUNoJump said:

Plenty of game developers and publishers have stood up in support of trans rights, I don't see why it'd be unusual for DE to do it. There are plenty of color palettes that directly reference other real-life things as well, a Trans Pride palette wouldn't be unusual.

Just cause others have done so doesn't mean DE should be obliged to do so all the same.

'Sides, being proud of one's gender stand is one thing but to feel the need to "flex" it in a game where it's about space ninjas just feels so tacked on and unnecessary. Making comparison for trans pride and valentines, etc isn't even a good comparison since the latter 3 are established festivities enjoyed by all while trans pride isn't for everyone.

It's not about people making a sh*tstorm out of things either, just cause the game isn't affected by it doesn't mean it should be done all the same. That said, bringing any politics in a means of enjoyment/ stress relieve; even if it in hindsight doesn't bear any short term effect, often does just that.... nothing gain, nothing lost. I.e. pointless/ waste.

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Lol. I love how you basically you say that DE shouldn't send their support to people who are regularly humiliated, talked down, bullied, threatened, and killed all day long, even after a big history of fight to gain more right, and against discrimination. It's SUCH A BAD THING to get involved in.

1 minute ago, mikakor said:

Lol. I love how you basically you say that DE shouldn't send their support to people who are regularly humiliated, talked down, bullied, threatened, and killed all day long, even after a big history of fight to gain more right, and against discrimination. It's SUCH A BAD THING to get involved in.

Strawmanning much?

• Like 5

What about those people strongly opposed to supporting the barbaric practice of mutilation to treat a mental illness.

I can throw a stone out of my window and it will hit 2 of these corporate adverts looking to cash in at the moment.

Corporations don't care. I don't care. I use games for escapism, not more politics.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tsardova said:

'Sides, being proud of one's gender stand is one thing but to feel the need to "flex" it in a game where it's about space ninjas just feels so tacked on and unnecessary. Making comparison for trans pride and valentines, etc isn't even a good comparison since the latter 3 are established festivities enjoyed by all while trans pride isn't for everyone.

Correct, this one gets it. Nobody cares about what imaginary being you identify as, or if you are actually male or female. There is no value in game to have any of this sort of political thing. I sure as hell wouldn't want to see a "homophobe" color palette, "Asian" color palette, "Black Month" color palette, to name a few examples, because such are tacky and unnecessary. Comparing it to say, Valentines or Easter is a pretty long stretch.

A game dev taking a political stance tends to turn people off either way. Hence, it is best that game developers remain clear of politics. Games should be art for art's sake, not BS with political wing wang wong thrown in.

Sorry, OP. I would like something like that, too, but the audience here doesn't understand and won't take a positive stance on the subject, so it won't happen. P.S You might enjoy stardew valley if you want a community that sponsors minorities and and happily shows inclusivity, I remember the subreddit having top posts for trans flag themed crops or BHM. Super fun!

Also people insisting games should remain apolitical, etc.. be more mature and stop being scared of political expression or opinion. If you realize it, politics is all around in all media. Although I do agree that some str8 people will do the usual "rOmAncE in A wAR gAmE" or "LGBT beINg ShOvEd DoWn oUr ThRoAtS" stuff so maybe just don't expect unrealistic progress, sad but true

14 minutes ago, Tsardova said:

Just cause others have done so doesn't mean DE should be obliged to do so all the same.

It's not about people making a sh*tstorm out of things either, just cause the game isn't affected by it doesn't mean it should be done all the same. That said, bringing any politics in a means of enjoyment/ stress relieve; even if it in hindsight doesn't bear any short term effect, often does just that.... nothing gain, nothing lost. I.e. pointless/ waste.

I'm not saying they're obligated to, I meant that there isn't anything holding them back from doing so, as the person I was responding to believed that game developers are supposed to remain apolitical. That statement is clearly not commonly believed as plenty of game companies have publicly supported LGBT rights. Heck, most games themselves carry a political message of some kind.

It's not "flexing" if they actually believe what they're saying, and considering DE doesn't have a publisher and has deliberately made every thematic choice for Warframe themselves, that's not unbelievable. Warframe has plenty of political themes that transcend "space ninjas", like the Grineer's oppression of undesirable traits and opinions. Fighting that group feels an awful lot like an analogy fighting for freedom of expression to me.

There are plenty of people who believe Valentine's day is a corporate ruse to get people to buy gifts, there are also people who disagree with Easter or Christmas, and people who find Halloween to be an offensive hijacking of another culture's history. People will always be offended about something. 

Supporting trans rights helps trans people. If you are offended by the very existence of someone supporting trans rights, then you probably need to stop worrying about things that don't affect you so much. Just don't look at it, you don't have to. There has never been anything added to Warframe that forces players to interact with something that involves a real life event or discussion.

12 minutes ago, (NSW)Maddsie said:

Sorry, OP. I would like something like that, too, but the audience here doesn't understand and won't take a positive stance on the subject, so it won't happen. P.S You might enjoy stardew valley if you want a community that sponsors minorities and and happily shows inclusivity, I remember the subreddit having top posts for trans flag themed crops or BHM. Super fun!

Also people insisting games should remain apolitical, etc.. be more mature and stop being scared of political expression or opinion. If you realize it, politics is all around in all media. Although I do agree that some str8 people will do the usual "rOmAncE in A wAR gAmE" or "LGBT beINg ShOvEd DoWn oUr ThRoAtS" stuff so maybe just don't expect unrealistic progress, sad but true

That's like, your opinión man

• Like 1